Welcome to matty

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
matty
Road Kill

Strange Times by The Chameleons :notworthy:

Hi all, new guy to the forum - as I heard the Sisters are playing in Leeds next year, is this correct??

Used to be a big fan back in the day, still have all the vinyl apart from a few 7" singles (Walk Away and Body Electric) in the garage - but no turntable these days!

Might look to be selling this soon, as it needs a better home, can't make up my mind.

Anyway, best wishes,

Matt, in Wakefield
Big Si
School Bully

matty wrote:Strange Times by The Chameleons :notworthy:

Hi all, new guy to the forum - as I heard the Sisters are playing in Leeds next year, is this correct??

Used to be a big fan back in the day, still have all the vinyl apart from a few 7" singles (Walk Away and Body Electric) in the garage - but no turntable these days!

Might look to be selling this soon, as it needs a better home, can't make up my mind.

Anyway, best wishes,

Matt, in Wakefield
Welcome to the Forum Matty :D

There's a few Chameleons fans on here so you'll feel right at home.

Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds Wed 16/02/11
Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds Thu 17/02/11

- are the dates that the latest incarnation of the T-Shirt salesmen are peddling their wares to their devoted fanbase ;D

Yer vinyl may be in demand, I think there's still a few on here who don't have their own copy.

CLT -

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

The Chameleons are well liked round here Matty so you'll slot in jes' fine :D

What Does Anything Mean? Basically is my personal fave, see
all hail to the Boss for getting me this :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: x 25,000 and tons of smiles :D :D :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
matty
Road Kill

Hey - thanks chaps, WDAMB is my fave as well - will never forget the first time I heard it - a mate did me a copy on tape, I bought it the following day! On The Beach, and Intrigue in Tangiers are still my fave songs of all time. I'm in touch with Mark Burgess, and I'm trying to persuade him and Blue Apple to release a guitar tabs book - seems to be making progress, he's a top bloke.

Sisters - my last gig was Wembley in 1990, I plan to check out their newer stuff, as I'm on Soulseek.

Thanks for the pointer on the vinyl! I'm just about to dig it out this evening and have a look. It's been kept dry so it should be fine - I hope!

I'll do a list when I decide what to do with it...

Thanks again for the welcome :D

Matt.
matty
Road Kill

.. by the way James - that is MINT sir! 8)
James Blast
Banned

it is, isn't it :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
matty
Road Kill

I hear Reg has 'put down his guitar' - which is a real shame..

I recently completed my Chameleons 'CD releases' collection by picking up 'Live Shreds' on GEMM... hence my need to replace some money! :(

Anyway - 'thread hijack' is over - apologies all :wink:

What am I listening to now? - Copper Blue, by Sugar
James Blast
Banned

oh no, please continue with praise for the Chams :)
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:it is, isn't it :D
Yes. :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Silver_Owl
The Don

I thought I'd split this from the old CLT thread so you can all say hello to matty. :)

Hello matty. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hello Matty 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Hallo. Always preferred Script of the Bridge meself. Mind you Porcupine I've always thought as one of the greatest lps ever, so may be in a minority! Anyway hallo.
The Chancer Corporation
James Blast
Banned

nah, HUH's EatB's classic
~ Peter Steele
matty
Road Kill

Aww - fanx for the welcome guys, I'm feeling the love :)

Still not found my vinyl... checking the attic tonight. Spent over an hour in the garage last night looking, until I couldn't feel my fingers anymore...

I think I have WDAMB on vinyl as well, by the Chameleons - if anyone wants it? Drop me a msg if interested.

Might get to see the Sisters next year - I'm seeing the Wedding Present in Leeds on 6th Dec, anyone else going on here?
christophe
Overbomber

welcome matty :D
Another Shade of You.
Big Si
School Bully

matty wrote:Might get to see the Sisters next year - I'm seeing the Wedding Present in Leeds on 6th Dec, anyone else going on here?
Bizarro in Glasgow on the 2nd :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

"Enter the Dragon, exit..."
~ Peter Steele
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

all 3 original Chameleons albums are KILLER. Script...and What Does Anything Mean...are my 2 favourites but parts of Strange Times are completely insane also, but the energy and textures of the first 2 are hard to compete with
James Blast
Banned

Script is a bit too melancholy for me even with 'Up the Down Escalator' which was the tune Peel played that got me hooked on 'em
~ Peter Steele
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I could really use copies of Script and WDAMB on 12". Very hard to find records these days. If you find them please let me know - I call dibs :)
Nationalise the f**king lot.
James Blast
Banned

£48 each ;D
~ Peter Steele
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

I scored a vinyl copy of WDAMB for £8 from a record shop in the summer, was blown away to even see it there and thought there's no way i'm passing this up ;D
James Blast
Banned

okay, I was only forty quid out
~ Peter Steele
abridged
Slight Overbomber

AdrenaChris wrote:I scored a vinyl copy of WDAMB for £8 from a record shop in the summer, was blown away to even see it there and thought there's no way i'm passing this up ;D
There's a a nice Script picture disc, I think there's a What Does...also. Can't quite recall.
The Chancer Corporation
Debaser
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:The Chameleons are well liked round here Matty so you'll slot in jes' fine :D

What Does Anything Mean? Basically is my personal fave, see
all hail to the Boss for getting me this :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: x 25,000 and tons of smiles :D :D :D
There seems to be a name missing on there. If you send me it I can get Dave to sign it to complete the set (if you want it that is) Saying that his new squeeze lives in, in, erm Scotland somewhere and he's spending a lot of time there - so keep yer eyes peeled.
Script is a bit too melancholy for me
This coming from Mr UpBeat :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maisey wrote:
I could really use copies of Script and WDAMB on 12". Very hard to find records these days. If you find them please let me know - I call dibs
What, so you can play it on that crap turntable you bought? Shudder

Anyway, Hi there Matt, welcome to the party :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else