Will we get the World Cup? Do we care?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
matty
Road Kill

discuss....

:lol:
Let's drink to the dead lying under the water, and the cost of the blood on the driven snow.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

We don't fúcking want the Olympics but we're still fúcking paying for them. What good will they do outside fúcking London? Fúck all.

It happens too fúcking often that tax from the whole country ends up subsidising stuff for the capital. Calling the government: Britain does not end at the M25. You cúnts.

As for the fúcking football... The three twats they have putting the case forward? Davids Beckham and Cameron, and Prince William. Says it all.

It's a fúcking game. There are more important things for our taxes to pay for, surely.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Anywhere but here :urff:

Iran? :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:We don't fúcking want the Olympics but we're still fúcking paying for them. What good will they do outside fúcking London? Fúck all.

It happens too fúcking often that tax from the whole country ends up subsidising stuff for the capital. Calling the government: Britain does not end at the M25. You cúnts.

As for the fúcking football... The three twats they have putting the case forward? Davids Beckham and Cameron, and Prince William. Says it all.

It's a fúcking game. There are more important things for our taxes to pay for, surely.
Wash your mouth out with soap and water young man. :lol:

It seems to be big news on 5Live.
Playing devils advocate - wouldn't the potential income from foreigns coming to the games make it financially viable? :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
matty
Road Kill

I think it's a joke that Milton Keynes and Plymouth (?) would host games, but it would be nice to see one in my lifetime - as a football fan.

But yeah, do we deserve it? No.
Let's drink to the dead lying under the water, and the cost of the blood on the driven snow.
Silver_Owl
The Don

matty wrote:But yeah, do we deserve it? No.
Why?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
matty
Road Kill

When I say 'we' - I guess I mean our bloody media, they do not seem unified to the cause - I don't mean unearthing the scandals in voting, this needs investigating ... I mean the way in which they damage the team, spirit and morale by getting on the backs of the managers and hounding players out of the team...

I'm not so sure this happens to the same level in other countries.
Silver_Owl
The Don

It happens in Italy on a similar scale.
The media will always be there - it has little bearing on whether we as a host nation deserve it.
It's down to amenities, transport links, how near to a McDonalds they'll be etc.. Or at least I would have thought that's what it's all about.

It makes no difference - even if England were the only team in it they'd still cock it up and lose. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

I see the point with the olympics, but the world cup would be spread all over the country & not just kissing that London's ring piece.

As for the taxes, better spent on salt at the moment eh?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Mute Point innit? :innocent:
matty
Road Kill

it is now ... ah well. :|
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh, those Russians.

:innocent:

(And I think you'll find it's a moot point Weebs -- mute means it can't talk...)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Oh, those Russians.

:innocent:

(And I think you'll find it's a moot point Weebs -- mute means it can't talk...)
I stand connected

However I think you'll find it's a moo point
it's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's moo
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: That's Friends isn't it?
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Famous Russian street fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg5x5Eo43hw

Zenit St.Petersburg vs Spartak Moscow

... The main troubles happened before the match near "Ice palace" (m.P.B.) between hardcores of Zenit ~180-200 (Coalition,Music Hall,Jolly Nevsky, Gremlins,Krymskie,Mobile Group and co.+young firms) and guests from Moscow-Spartak ~210-230 (Gladiators Firm, CWO, Devils Band, Flint's Crew,Union, Tuks, Wildboars,Aliens, Stormers,Avangard,NWS,Clench Fist,Simple Boys,Hard Gang and others).

The first clash after Zenit hooligans,but than the victory of Spartak hools with great difficulty!A lot of injured from both sides!!!...

how many gangs?!?!?!?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
matty
Road Kill

sad..
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:Famous Russian street fight

Zenit St.Petersburg vs Spartak Moscow

... The main troubles happened before the match near "Ice palace" (m.P.B.) between hardcores of Zenit ~180-200 (Coalition,Music Hall,Jolly Nevsky, Gremlins,Krymskie,Mobile Group and co.+young firms) and guests from Moscow-Spartak ~210-230 (Gladiators Firm, CWO, Devils Band, Flint's Crew,Union, Tuks, Wildboars,Aliens, Stormers,Avangard,NWS,Clench Fist,Simple Boys,Hard Gang and others).

The first clash after Zenit hooligans,but than the victory of Spartak hools with great difficulty!A lot of injured from both sides!!!...

how many gangs?!?!?!?
True, lots of the hardcore Russian ultras are extremely dodgy in many ways. Read violent racist thugs. To be fair though ultras tend to be like that in many countries and it doesn't usually occur in international tornaments. Hopefully it will be a successful tournament.
The Chancer Corporation
Debaser
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:We don't fúcking want the Olympics
You mean 'you?' I want them, I'm dead excited
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I mean "we" as in me and Kerry. Will that do? ;D
—Bertrand Russell
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:We don't fúcking want the Olympics but we're still fúcking paying for them. What good will they do outside fúcking London? Fúck all.

I thought Englands bid team did a fantastic job and whilst you may slate / dislike Cameron, Windsor and Beckham I think they were excellent choices with the right connections to give England the best chance of succeeding. Unlike the Olympics the world cup wasn't about London, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, MK, Plymouth, Liverpool were all mentioned as suitable venus to host matches.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hmm. I suppose so. But still, it's a moo point now anyway. :|

/am not a sports fan. (Can you tell? :lol:)
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

by 'we' you mean non-Jocko Homos

leaves me with a mixture of :| :evil: :( and :?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Hmm. I suppose so. But still, it's a moo point now anyway
Yup :wink:
James Blast
Banned

moot
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock