RIP Peter ‘Sleazy’ Christopherson (Throbbing Gristle)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

R.I.P. Peter 'Sleazy' Christopherson (Throbbing Gristle / X-TG) (1955 – 2010)

Died in his sleep yesterday.

http://is.gd/hKDGo

:(
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Darn! One of the good guys again :(

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy

And before another arsehole does it:
Graves are filled with men irreplaceable. Wait...a celebrity "genius" has died...let me go and cry a bit. Let's rationalize my caring by not ever being able to "enjoy" (as in, getting interested) a new piece of his music again. Oh the sadness. i don't know how the world keeps turning. Oh but he was so great...he was SPECIAL. Let's not cry for the children in Gaza, let's cry for this man instead. f**k you, f**k you, f**k you. f**k YOU.
IZ.
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well, I was going to post how sad I was too but I'm not entirely sure what to write having read that last post? Is it frowned upon on here or something?

Aaaaanyway, I'd put a message on the 'sad' thread but will delete that and move it to here instead.

"Uncle Sleazy" was in so many musical outfits that equally soothed & scar(r)ed my ears over the years.

Such a loss to adventurous, rousing music. :(
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Iz was just quoting itnAklipse from a previous RIP thread there Carpy. He's not serious.

And I'm not 100% sure that itnAklipse isn't just trolling.

So feel free to post how sad you are.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy

markfiend wrote:Iz was just quoting itnAklipse from a previous RIP thread there Carpy. He's not serious.

And I'm not 100% sure that itnAklipse isn't just trolling.

So feel free to post how sad you are.
What he said Carpy :| I try to have respect for all people passing away from us, others here have different views and this was merely a statement to discourage them from spilling their bile yet again...

IZ.
Carpathian Psychonaut

Ah, I now understand. A pre-emptive strike! I thought it was odd but with being away for a while I wasn't sure if I'd missed something. Thanks to the pair of you for clarification.

It does seem odd to feel as sad as I am for somebody I've never met but when so much of my life is embedded in hearing music I guess it shouldn't be a huge surprise to me. COIL, Threshold HouseBoys Choir, Throbbing Gristle, Psychic TV, mixes and video other work for Nine Inch Nails and many, many others - it's a big part of the food my ears have had and will continue to be so. That stuff so doesn't date in any way.

So, yeah, pretty saddened indeed :(
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
James Blast
Banned

he was a very interesting character and let us not forget, for a while part of Hipgnosis a group of photographers and designers that greatly influenced me
so, yes I'm sad about his passing

Fuck ItnACOCK!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7525391/
Last edited by James Blast on 25 Nov 2010, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Sita

Oh no :(

Christopherson was the kindest guy. I wrote to him and asked if I could use a Coil track for one of my art school videos, and he was so sweet to write me back. I almost had a heart attack when I saw his email in my inbox, like "I'm not worthy!" :lol:

I wasn't particularly worried then, but now I recall that this june, he cancelled an appearance in Berlin for health issues.

Well, I assume he died a happy man :notworthy:
Nixon
Amphetamine Filth

Sadly missed.
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

s**t, I didn't hear about this until now. Throbbing Gristle / Coil / early PTV were responsible for some of the most wonderful and inventive music of the last 30-odd years. Coil at the Royal Festival Hall in September 2000 is still up there as the most truly astounding gig I've been to by any artist ever. I remember my mate and I staggering out on to the balcony afterwards utterly speechless, not quite able to take in the power of what we'd just experienced. And on top of this, he seemed a bloody decent bloke too. I'm truly saddened by this news. RIP Sleazy - you'll be missed so much.
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
circle

Damn, that's really bad news... :(

He made a lot of the most important music to me when I was a teen...
splintered thing

We will honour him as we paint our house tomorrow with his tunes. RIP.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
sam1

Dark
Underneath the Rock

I'm so glad I saw TG last year. Their first and last Scottish show. Can't believe he's dead.
The next record's for you, sir.
wretched
Road Kill

I was gutted when I heard this. Pete was a lovely guy.

Adam
Wretched
www.myspace.com/irislight
home of |iris light| and |GENERIC|