MUSE .... tonight and tommorrow

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Red Sunsets wrote:Eh?

Confused of Glasgow

BTW Uriah Heep were on Scuzz TV last night doing Easy Living and your avatar was on the bass, Not Bad!
Why are you confused? Did my post seem out of context? Or can't you understand my admiration for anyone bold enough to tread the boards? And should I know what Scuzz TV is?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Debaser
Overbomber

Padstar wrote:Just got back from Manchester and you are flippin bonkas Sunsets/Debs (who just doesnt like the vocal style if truth be known!!!).

Better than last night as the crowd were more likely!

You dont like Stickholm Syndrome FFS ????

Paddy :)
The crowd were more likely to WHAT????

And yes my loathing of Muse simply does come down to Mr Bellamy's appalling audible breathing technique. But he does it all the time and it simply does my head in...... :( Does he think it sounds good?
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Debaser wrote:
Padstar wrote:Just got back from Manchester and you are flippin bonkas Sunsets/Debs (who just doesnt like the vocal style if truth be known!!!).

And yes my loathing of Muse simply does come down to Mr Bellamy's appalling audible breathing technique. But he does it all the time and it simply does my head in...... :( Does he think it sounds good?
I have to admit his vocals get on my nerves after a while (well, about five minutes actually), but there are some good tunes on their latest album. Don't think I've heard anything else by them. And it's good to see an increase in the number of British acts on MTV2 etc.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Ed Rhombus wrote:Bloddy great gig!

First thing that impressed me, was taking the old Pink Floyd maxim, if your going to play to 15,000 plus people design a stage and light show that means the gig can be enjoyed no matter where you are seated.
I prefer the DerekR maxim, if you're going to play to 15,000 plus people....I aint gonna be one of them :)
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, but you didn't see the flashing keyboard!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Debaser wrote:

Ok, ok.... lively!!!! :)

I was all excited when i wrote it see !

Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
James Blast
Banned

DerekR wrote:[ prefer the DerekR maxim, if you're going to play to 15,000 plus people....I aint gonna be one of them :)
I'm wi you Derek Man!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Red Sunsets wrote:
DerekR wrote:[ prefer the DerekR maxim, if you're going to play to 15,000 plus people....I aint gonna be one of them :)
I'm wi you Derek Man!
Bah Humbug!!!!! Your loss ;)

Paddy.
James Blast
Banned

So. when are The Smurphs doing a 12,000?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

LMAO.........

a good question to respond to with my thousandth post!!!!!

Paddy.
James Blast
Banned

Congrats Paddy
!n an EBG kinda way.
~ Peter Steele
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

Ed Rhombus wrote:Yeah, but you didn't see the flashing keyboard!
Such a shame that the flashing keyboard and graphics were the only appealling thing about the Muse gig.

Unfortunately I didn't get to hear them play Bliss (my favourite track) I left after 50 minutes.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ginger wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:Yeah, but you didn't see the flashing keyboard!
Such a shame that the flashing keyboard and graphics were the only appealling thing about the Muse gig.

Unfortunately I didn't get to hear them play Bliss (my favourite track) I left after 50 minutes.
:lol: you tell 'em Ginger

The singer sounds like a four year old girl when she can't get her own way .

Saw them at Leeds T&C .....does abysmal have a "Y" in the middle , I can't be arsed to look . :wink:
mugabe

Padstar wrote:You dont like Stickholm Syndrome FFS ????
Here's a Stockholm Syndrome for you - a review of Muse's latest Stockholm concert. The '-' in the review is the grade, btw, on the scale from '-' to '+++++'.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/stor ... 24,00.html

Madness. This is utter madness.
There can be no doubting the fact that on the stage appear one of the worst and most overrated bands in the world. The entertainment value consists of the flashing red lights on singer Matthew Bellamy's guitar. The rest defies description. The rest is an execution of everything good taste. The rest is a nightmare. The music is a progressive mix of Marillion and Radiohead. Bellamy sings like a high-revved vacuum cleaner - its bag full, the sound being a prolonged, mechanical wailing.
Madness.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

Don't get me wrong, I do like Muse. I saw them at the Leeds Festival last year and thought they were excellent but I just didn't think they were any good on Saturday night.
biggy

Ginger wrote:Don't get me wrong, I do like Muse. I saw them at the Leeds Festival last year and thought they were excellent but I just didn't think they were any good on Saturday night.

AAAWW you've gone and spoilt it now . I thought you were in my gang :D
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

mugabe wrote:
Padstar wrote:You dont like Stickholm Syndrome FFS ????
Here's a Stockholm Syndrome for you - a review of Muse's latest Stockholm concert. The '-' in the review is the grade, btw, on the scale from '-' to '+++++'.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/stor ... 24,00.html

Madness. This is utter madness.
There can be no doubting the fact that on the stage appear one of the worst and most overrated bands in the world. The entertainment value consists of the flashing red lights on singer Matthew Bellamy's guitar. The rest defies description. The rest is an execution of everything good taste. The rest is a nightmare. The music is a progressive mix of Marillion and Radiohead. Bellamy sings like a high-revved vacuum cleaner - its bag full, the sound being a prolonged, mechanical wailing.
Madness.
LOL.... well, if they say so obviously.....

;)

Paddy.
James Blast
Banned

<-----joins Biggy's gang
~ Peter Steele