For Greater Good + Kenji Siratori CD OUT NOW!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

For Greater Good is proud to announce their new cd, “For Greater Good + Kenji Siratori�, a combined effort by FGG and writer Kenji Siratori.

For Greater Good are an ambient band from Belgium, consisting of Iz and Samdevos as core members, and regularly featuring guest musicians. They already issued the demo 'Lethargy' and the well-received full album 'For Greater Good' and appeared on several international compilations. FGG creates post-industrial soundscapes combining electronics, synths, manipulated sounds and special effects.
Kenji Siratori inseminates this world with his venomous cyber-stories encapsulated in a unique style, highly acclaimed by a lot of his fellow writers and musicians worldwide (like David Bowie), even though he writes like a broken computer... and believes he is one...
The symbiosis between For Greater Good's dark brooding soundscapes and Kenji's almost viral attacks of words, digits and symbols make for a stunning depiction of today's cyber-hyperkinetic way of life, where people and machines become more intertwined, in a cold and impersonal world dominated by bits and bytes, by pods and pads and way-too-smartphones.

Intranet-genetics. Mechanic organic. Minds controlled by microchips.

This CD contains an almost 40-minute trip through this desolate and silvery-cold world, where the sickly fluorescent virus of Kenji Siratori's voice overwhelms the mind and body, while the patiently searching tentacles of FGG's sounds penetrate your heart and soul. For this occasion, live-guitarist Niels Larsen was asked to add his particular blend of guitarbending and ebow.

Encased in the unsettling photography of Coppez and drawings of graphics-wizard Kolja Aertgeerts, this CD is a piece of contemporary dark art.

Be prepared to be surprised, revolted, soothed and terrorized. Often in one song.

Be prepared for the combined forces of For Greater Good + Kenji Siratori…

Three songs are available on our MySpace for a free listen before you buy!
Check out http://www.myspace.com/forgreatergood; the songs 'Orbit', 'Insane Asylum' and 'Dark Side' give you an impression of this new CD.

"For Greater Good + Kenji Siratori" can be bought by sending an email to infoATforgreatergood.be. The price is 10,00 euro, postage and package for Belgian residents included. For people living abroad please add the following:

Europe: 3,20 euro
Rest of world: 3,70 euro

The CD can also be ordered through the Contact Page on our website http://www.forgreatergood.be

Thanks for your support!

IZ & samdevos, For Greater Good.

For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Big Si
School Bully

At last! :notworthy: :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i have issues that i can't understand a single word on that record - that makes it a bit not easy to listen.
Izzy HaveMercy

Thanks for that nice comment Bartek! :notworthy: ;D

IZ.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

you're welcome Dear. :kiss:
don't get it serious music is good - i could say as always but it's your second album.
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:you're welcome Dear. :kiss:
don't get it serious music is good - i could say as always but it's your second album.
:lol: I still have a sense of humor around here Bartek ;)

IZ.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

FGG delivers once again ;D :notworthy:

Keep one for me, Iz. It'll look very pretty under the christmas tree :wink:
in dub we trust
Big Si
School Bully

Dig Deep Pop-Kids, a little girl has an extensive Christmas list of presents she's hoping to get from Santa :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy

Big Si wrote:Dig Deep Pop-Kids, a little girl has an extensive Christmas list of presents she's hoping to get from Satan :wink:
Better :twisted:

IZ.
Big Si
School Bully

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Big Si wrote:Dig Deep Pop-Kids, a little girl has an extensive Christmas list of presents she's hoping to get from Satan :wink:

IZ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGa40Hl4zI :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy

Big Si wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGa40Hl4zI :wink:
Classic that one! ;D :notworthy:

IZ.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Alright then, I'll bite :wink: In a handful of days my order will enter the FGG inbox :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Izzy HaveMercy

Obviousman wrote:Alright then, I'll bite :wink: In a handful of days my order will enter the FGG inbox :D
I will sit on the second one for a couple of days, vinyl pressing! :)

IZ.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i hope that you'll have one CD in coppola months, i can't afford to buy it right now. :wink:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Alright then, I'll bite :wink: In a handful of days my order will enter the FGG inbox :D
I will sit on the second one for a couple of days, vinyl pressing! :)

IZ.
Good man :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:i hope that you'll have one CD in coppola months, i can't afford to buy it right now. :wink:
No worries there ;)

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

Uploaded one of KOLJA's videos for one of the 'For Greater Good+Kenji Siratori' tracks.

The manga-style perfectly fits the music we made for ORBIT. Check it out!

Thanks a lot to Kolja for the very cool videos he made!

http://vimeo.com/17782385

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

First review is in, it's in Dutch but I had the courtesy to translate it for all my Eengleesh fans here on HL (both of them)! :D

An 8/10 in the Belgian EBM/Goth/Dark music zine DARK ENTRIES. :D

For the Dutchies, the review on the Dark Entries zine website.

For the others:

"People involved with the experimental underground surely will have heard of Japanese cult writer Kenji Siratori, who tends to collaborate with whoever is available and willing.

Often it's anyones' guess who or what this person is exactly, even extending to the point that rumors are emerging about Kenji being nothing more than the artistic sum of a handful of Japanese artists.

In any case this cyberpunk writer's fame reaches as far as David Bowie, who declared Kenji's book 'Blood Electric' one of his favorite reads.

Apart from The Thin White Duke, the Japanese virus now also reaches the streets of Lier.

For Greater Good can best be described as the indus/dark ambient project of Izzy and Samdevos,, two musicians who know what they're doing, curving their way through the Belgian music scene. Sam, for example, recently contributed his talents to the international collective of La Femme Verte.

This collab with Kenji Siratori opens a whole new world for the duo; tho the cd opens with ultra-heavy electronic beats accompanied by Kenji's Japanese poetry, this soon has to make way for more experimental ventures.

On some moments things become so abstract that a Krautrock atmosphere pops up, undoubtedly the result of helping hand Niels Larsen.

As with all things 'For Greater Good' this is not an easy-to-chew piece, and the CD begs for multiple listening sessions before the ultimate addiction sets in…

A successful cd by people worthy of the Belgian underground.

www.kenjisiratori.com

www.forgreatergood.be"

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

I see you have made it onto Acnefyâ„¢ but only yer first ellpee, the wan wi thi crap cover ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

Thanks for the feedback James ;)

The Kenji is not up for grabs digitally for the moment, will be in the nu year tho. Acnefy will be a standard as it seems to be quite popular in your Island regions and Germany.

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

BTW James, did you see that Krautrock mention? ;D something to be proud of, no?

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

only if you're Can ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

You know I Can.

IZ.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Q: is there a booklet with lyrics translated into more common language or at least some descriptions ?
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:Q: is there a booklet with lyrics translated into more common language or at least some descriptions ?
Nope ;)

Either you read one of Kenji's books (recommended, I daresay, is 'Blood Electric', where most of the lyrics come from) or read the first post in this thread, sez it all :)

Review

Like technological spasm, a bio-electronical deflation. Like mind hallucinations caused by diazepam, but clear as a dew-drop on an urban balcony. Kenji Sirator's Blood Electric surfs on the edge of genetic memory recorded 24 years ago.

Kenji (Siratori) is expressible on modern self science. The meeting of technological karma with genome replication in environment of self-transmitting clouds, the insemination of cyber reality into natural reality caused this semi-conductive latest-generation expose.

The books is written in a code-seuqence of feelings-productive scripts and informational griffs wrapped in sense. The cyberpunk mutation, the inner rebel of the one and the mass - a natural envenom caused by pollution, microwave and radio distortion. Electric pulsation, air dense - Kenji caught it all in a preserved caul readable by microscope.

Fast city running, people - cyborgs. Loneliness, a fight against mass-optimisation, an inner flow on a pathway to salvation, an escape through the gratings of electronical frontiers and artificial borders. The story line goes through

Synopsis

A fatal collusion of drag embryos and DNA angels in Cadaver City ignites the circuitry of ADAM Doll... dogs of zero waging gene war in Placenta World, chaos unleashed by the digital vampires of Sato Corporation, nano-junk virus pandemic. On the pink ash planet EVOL, ADAM and ANTi-ADAM clash in terminal zodiac burn... enter robo-succubus Super Cherry 666, hunting for the grotesque nova skulls of Sato Corporation napalm torture victims.

IZ.