iPad joy

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

just blagged an iPad from orange and am looking to forward to enjoying my first apple product.
1st impressions....why have i not gone apple before?

any recomendations for apps? (just got the Korg iMS 20).

1st album on "a s c o o ". (easiest to find)
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

they're a thing of great beauty aren't they?

i love mine.

get the amazon kindle app - it's a much nicer way of reading ebooks than apple's ibooks, plus the amazon store is cheaper and has a wider range of ebooks :)

if you're going to use it for for any kind of productivity too i'd also highly recommend getting evernote (along with the mac/pc version)

if you use dropbox on your compute (mac or pc) i'd also recommend getting the plaintext app. it's for creating notes quickly (text files) like the ipad's built-in notes app but it syncs with dropbox so you can easily get access to the notes on your computer :)

here's a screengrab of the universal apps i've got (ie: compatible with both ipad and iphone)

and here's the ipad-only apps i've got

not saying for a second that i use/play with half of them, but there are some incredibly beautiful/useful/fun/slick apps there :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
nigel d

Morning Boss
well impressed with the quality of the thing , even the charger plug is super smooth.... HD screen too apparently.
I shall investigate the apps you provided.

ReBirth.... any good?, ive got it on a pc somewhere. might get the ielectribe synth, but i may want a go on it first. the Korg iMS 20 looks amazing (only a tenner). only bought it last night.
i notice VLC on there too. i take it that will allow oddball file format videos to be played?
spent 59p on "ant smasher"

definately not a novelty thing.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

nigel d wrote:Morning Boss
well impressed with the quality of the thing , even the charger plug is super smooth.... HD screen too apparently.

ReBirth.... any good?, ive got it on a pc somewhere. might get the ielectribe synth, but i may want a go on it first. the Korg iMS 20 looks amazing (only a tenner). only bought it last night.
i notice VLC on there too. i take it that will allow oddball file format videos to be played?

The iMS 20 is all you are gonna need for the next... uh... 100 years (until you buy the real thing, obviously :lol:)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
nigel d

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
nigel d wrote:Morning Boss

The iMS 20 is all you are gonna need for the next... uh... 100 years (until you buy the real thing, obviously :lol:)

IZ.
well if you buy one of my kidneys i might be able to afford the real thing...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the vlc app is odd.

it uses some internal way of storing videos that bypasses the itunes sync (because itunes cannot sync files in formats it does not recognise)

in reality i've found it's use to be limited, but it's free and i have there in case i ever need it (which is rare, tbh)

electribe is very cool, and a similar thing to rebirth in terms of what sounds it can produce, but rebirth is rebirth is rebirth is rebirth. it's a nice port to the ipad too, and the controls are less fiddly than you'd expect on a relatively small screen 8)

if you use any DAW software the trixmix app is a nice way of controlling the mixing desk settings via your ipad

likewise pianist pro allows you to use the ipad as an external midi keyboard over wifi (with zero latency! amazing!) :D

i use mine for games, for reading, for surfing and for work :D

i have a couple of apps such as penultimate & evernote which are great for taking into a meeting and taking notes...

i've also just started looking at a note-taking app with handwriting-recognition called phatpad. takes a bit of setup but once done it's really cool (especially if you combine it with a stylus, for proper drawing & writing!). it can turn your handwritten scribbles into text files :o :notworthy: it's pretty accurate too.

(and if you do want a stylus, i just found this short review/comparison: http://konigi.com/notebook/ipad-stylus- ... and-winner )
James Blast
Banned

nigel d wrote:why have i not gone apple before?
well I... ach forget it! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
matty
Road Kill

Gotta love Angry Birds ;)
Let's drink to the dead lying under the water, and the cost of the blood on the driven snow.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

matty wrote:Gotta love Angry Birds ;)
it's a bastard.

i completed it 2 days ago, then yesterday they updated it with a brand new set of levels, and some additional easter egg bonuses in the older levels.

bastard.

:lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

ooo oooo oooo
phatpad is cool!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

I got some money for christmas and ended up spending it on an Ipod touch 4g. Not as big and fancy as the pad, but that was too expensive for now. I know what to save up for though. :) It is my first apple product too, and Im loving it! To me its like a mini lap top, a very easy way to stay more in touch and "social".

What I am wondering is if any of the forum apps works for here? I dl one for free but it didnt work, I dont wanna buy an app that might not work at all, even if it might only be one euro.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

May I be as bold as to ask if there would be any way we can get myheartland working on the "Tapatalk forum app"? Forum owner needs to activate tapatalk support, and that is free to do. Just a hopefull suggestion :wink:
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Much as I love my iPod, I've been struggling to see the point of this.
They just seem so overpriced - if I was spending that sort of money I'd probably spend another two or three hundred and get a MacBook.

Am I missing something here?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
iesus
Overbomber

;D ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Dungeon Hunter is a cool game, used to play in on my IPAD, two. How's part 2?

Overall, an IPAD is nice thing, allthough a bit overpriced
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
nigel d

Erudite wrote:Much as I love my iPod, I've been struggling to see the point of this.
They just seem so overpriced - if I was spending that sort of money I'd probably spend another two or three hundred and get a MacBook.

Am I missing something here?
i didnt pay for mine
nigel d

and........
why havent roland et al got off their collectve butt to bring more synth joy
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

nigel d wrote:and........
why havent roland et al got off their collectve butt to bring more synth joy
I know the answer to Roland... they are just lazy bastards. More effort goes into Edirol but still...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thread necro....

I am about to birth an iPad2 64g. (bday prezzie :) )
I am an iPad virgin - I don't even have an iPod hee hee.
Glad to see there are others out there who feel the pressure of the whole affair ;)
I'll check in with it once it is in my paws.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven