Slightly depressed.... (CBPOB)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

tell me you are not around brussels
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

want to go for a drink?

Brussels is where the good beer is!
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

sziamiau wrote:thanks, I will need it
They found some spare de-icer somewhere, or so I heard ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Patti82

Had to put one of my cats to sleep today. Freaking brilliant christmas gift for me wasn't it? (She is happy playing with her sister and two sons in kitty heaven though :D)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aww that's sad. :( Poor kitty.

A very hard decision to have to make. You have my sympathy.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

sziamiau wrote:tell me you are not around brussels
I'm not around Brussels. :lol:
Patti82 wrote:Had to put one of my cats to sleep today. Freaking brilliant christmas gift for me wasn't it? (She is happy playing with her sister and two sons in kitty heaven though :D)
Aw no, there's not much worse than losing one of the animals you share your life with. :(
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
sziamiau wrote:thanks, I will need it
They found some spare de-icer somewhere, or so I heard ;)

IZ.
yep, so now I do have 50% chance to get out. no more snow for tonight please

@ Patti82..sorry to hear...but you have to remember it's better for the kitty now...hard to bear though
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:want to go for a drink?

Brussels is where the good beer is!
well I will take you up on that in case I get stranded
Patti82

sziamiau wrote: @ Patti82..sorry to hear...but you have to remember it's better for the kitty now...hard to bear though
That is very true, but now I'm worried about the cat I have left. He has never been alone for one day of his life.. So I'm kitten hunting - he will need a playmate :D
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

sorry to hear about kitty. i have seven rescue cats-the older grumpy ones, that tend to be left after the cute kittens have gone!! did have 8 till last month its tough. lots of sympathy :(
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Sorry to hear about Kitteh - on the upside, you have the chance to give a new one a new home in time for Christmas. If you're lucky you'll find a pair that are looking to be homed together (two is always much more fun than one), and the shelter is always happy to introduce people to new friends in much need of love. We used to find that new cats always adopted the same habits as the ones that had gone before them - same sleeping places, that sort of thing, like the Old One was still there, showing them the ropes, helping them get settled in before he moved on.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Being645
Above the Chemist

Patti82 wrote:Had to put one of my cats to sleep today. Freaking brilliant christmas gift for me wasn't it? (She is happy playing with her sister and two sons in kitty heaven though :D)
:( ... oh, that's sad ... sorry for you and your other cat ...

Well you can still wave up to cat heaven, each time you miss her ...
James Blast
Banned

Denied! thricefold!!! :evil:

1) pint from Big Eat thi Bried's last call (I did get a freebie half pint, nuff sayed)

2) twa Vegetable Prathas and a Mushroom Pakora

s'ok I thought, I huv a nice Ruby at hame

3) nae Uncle Ben's Micro Rice!!!!

Denied!

why is God frowning on me, what have I done....

...oh, that shit, right well I was young ... :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

Oh good. There's a "Depressed Thread."
Oddly, it kinda cheered me up to find this here.

Today would've been Mother's birthday.
...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

I am not related but I just read on the news that three girls were trampled to death at the venue in Budapest last night. so bad. same place where the fileds will be playing soon.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

ANOTHER fecking cold, about a week after I got rid of the last one :evil:
Big Si
School Bully

sziamiau wrote:I am not related but I just read on the news that three girls were trampled to death at the venue in Budapest last night. so bad. same place where the fileds will be playing soon.
They've just announced it's been cancelled by the Promoter.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Debaser
Overbomber

BUM. Was SO close to going to the India vs England Test Match at Trent Bridge (tickets in basket and everything) until Gaz saw the ticket prices. :( :roll: :(

Even said I'd upgrade from what he thought was a reasonable price. Missing out on a whole day's sitting down :cry:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
sziamiau wrote:I am not related but I just read on the news that three girls were trampled to death at the venue in Budapest last night. so bad. same place where the fileds will be playing soon.
They've just announced it's been cancelled by the Promoter.
yeah I heard. I was not going anyways since they made the announcement way too late and even if I am hungarian and I love to go to gigs in BP I did not want to cancel surgeries and other things. I feel bad though for those who booked flights, hotels, etc. I still don't get it why the gig can't be moved to another venue.

what happenned there was seriously messed up. the place had no operational licence for more than 300 people...lots of investigation and legal matters...the venue's capacity is anyways only 1600 when they had almost 3000 people in. amazing that this can still happen. RIP
Carpathian Psychonaut

Wanted to watch the second part of the experimental psychology series "The Brain: A Secret History" at work during lunchtime today so downloaded a copy, cleared a USB stick and copied it on ready.

Yep, you guessed it - I'm at work and the stick is still at home :roll:
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Izzy HaveMercy

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Wanted to watch the second part of the experimental psychology series "The Brain: A Secret History" at work during lunchtime today so downloaded a copy, cleared a USB stick and copied it on ready.

A guy before you invented Dropbox after a similar incident :lol:

IZ.
Carpathian Psychonaut

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Wanted to watch the second part of the experimental psychology series "The Brain: A Secret History" at work during lunchtime today so downloaded a copy, cleared a USB stick and copied it on ready.

IZ.
True, but we have to avoid big files from the web on our works network otherwise we get our traffic tracked. That's why the good old fashioned USB works better in this case - we can stay under the radar and go on places like Heartland without them caring/noticing!
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Izzy HaveMercy

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
True, but we have to avoid big files from the web on our works network otherwise we get our traffic tracked. That's why the good old fashioned USB works better in this case - we can stay under the radar and go on places like Heartland without them caring/noticing!
AH, good enough reason ;)

IZ.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

so another surgery...Feb 7th..about 2 weeks before Tilburg and then Budapest. ah well
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I woke up with a sore throat and now I'm starting to feel a bit feverish. Hope it's not the man-flu... :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell