Snow,how much have you got?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

It's a bit pish on the M1
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

we now have snow in preston, the smurflets are pleased!! and north end didn't lose!!!yippee!!! it was called off :(
keep warm n moist
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

None. Zero. Nowt.

It now feels like we're missing out :lol:
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

It's snowing, and doesn't seem like it's going to stop. No complaints, have been driving through it all weekend long without further trouble other than reduced speed :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Petseri
Overbomber

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:None. Zero. Nowt.

It now feels like we're missing out :lol:
I am sure that plenty on here would like to send some your way.
Carpathian Psychonaut

We did have some in the end - probably me typing that which jinxed it.

Fell so heavily that I couldn't even see the house across the road.....and then it stopped after an hour or more.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Lots of snow. Around 30 cm this weekend.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

It's gone crazy round here today. It's snowing it's arse off and has been since 9 O'clock this morning.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No snow but it's not got above freezing for several days. The thermometer in my car said -10℃ on both Monday and Tuesday mornings while I was de-icing. A relatively balmy -7℃ today. :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Yeah, we had -10 Monday morning. Only -2 today but it's very Christmassy. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I stayed at home by myself last night as the boiler broke. Fook me that was a cold one. :eek:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Silver_Owl
The Don

weebleswobble wrote:I stayed at home by myself last night as the boiler broke. Fook me that was a cold one. :eek:
You have my sympathy. :(
After a 3 and 1/2 hour journey home from The Wirral on Sunday we walked into (not literally) frozen pipes and the boiler stopped. That was even after leaving it on timed. :eek:
Fortunately we have a useful neighbour who sorted it for the price of a few drinks. Fair deal. :D
Last edited by Silver_Owl on 22 Dec 2010, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Our boiler broke down a few years back in January. So yeah, my sympathy too.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Petseri
Overbomber

50% chance of a white Christmas.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:No snow but it's not got above freezing for several days. The thermometer in my car said -10℃ on both Monday and Tuesday mornings while I was de-icing. A relatively balmy -7℃ today. :|
Are there temperatures above freezing? I thought they were just stories to scare the kids.
weebleswobble wrote:I stayed at home by myself last night as the boiler broke. Fook me that was a cold one. :eek:
Been there, done that, paid a fortune to replace it. You have my heartfelt sympathy.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:Yeah, we had -10 Monday morning. Only -2 today but it's very Christmassy. :D
I got a lift to work the other day,and the driver remarked that it was only - 3 We thought that was indicative of how cold a winter we've had in Britain this year,normally minus 3 would be classed as bloody cold,now it's relatively mild! Can't remember the last time it got above freezing here,even in the day,must have been a couple of weeks ago.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
randdebiel²

fun driving in the snow in Brussels today :)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
numan
Road Kill

markfiend wrote: The thermometer in my car said -10℃ on both Monday and Tuesday mornings while I was de-icing. A relatively balmy -7℃ today. :|
Just curious,- are winter tires with metal thorns legal in your country?

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

numan wrote:
markfiend wrote: The thermometer in my car said -10℃ on both Monday and Tuesday mornings while I was de-icing. A relatively balmy -7℃ today. :|
Just curious,- are winter tires with metal thorns legal in your country?

I don't know to be honest. I've never seen them for sale...
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Can you buy winter tyres in the UK?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
jande

Pista wrote:Can you buy winter tyres in the UK?
You can if you can find anyone that has any stock left :lol:

Also there seems to be an insurance 'grey area' where you can fit winter tyres to your cars existing wheel hubs without any problems, but if you buy new hubs from your car dealers showroom, have winter tyres fitted and put them onto your car some insurance companies are classing it as a modification and increasing the premiums :urff:
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
Pista
Cureboi

Nice.
Over here we change tyres every winter/ spring.
None of that fitting tyres to existing wheels carp though. A full wheel change really. Much quicker.
& the insurance companies here will not pay out if you have a prang without your winter boots on.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
originalgoth

Do people in the remote areas of UK fit Snow Chains or Cables to their tyres?

On the subject of the Winter tyres & insurance, the way I see it is that if you've got alloys on your car fitted as standard from day 1, then use winter tires on steel rims (can't see many people having 2 sets of alloys) then realistically, you've made your car less of a theft risk (I know, silly of the insurance companies to see steel rims as a modification when alloys are fitted as standard).

If you fit the correct size wheel with the correct tire profile (thereby not upsetting the speedometer) then the insurance companies should actually give you a lot more credit for wanting to stay safe on the road rather than trying to shirk their side of the bargain by trying to get out of paying for a claim.

I did read in Auto Express a couple of years ago that The EuroCrats were trying to push through a new law that was relating to tyres fitted by car manufacturers on Day 1.
What they were trying to make law was that whatever tyres the manufacturer fitted (Make & dimentions), you had to fit the same tyres every time you had to replace them, thereby taking away all options of going for a cheaper brand or different width or profile. So if Honda fitted Michilin 225/50/15s you couldn't fit anything but them otherwise you'd be breaking the law. I don't think that was ever going to become law but they did try.

Stay Safe out there on the roads.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
numan
Road Kill

Discovered on a local resource the following info about winter tires with thorns. Dont know if that's 100% true...just in case that you care. So, metal thorns are:

Allowed in: Scotland, Belgium, Hungary, Denmark, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Estonia, Russia.

Prohibited in: England, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Poland, France, Czech, Japan.
James Blast
Banned

nevermind the feckin' snow, went to midday mass today and it started to rain on the way in, on the way out the streets were like glass

I've never seen a busy main street like that in my life, there were Tims flying all over the shop :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele