Anne Marie - gig and rehearsal clip

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

24. Apr 2010 19:00 The Spa Whitby, Northeast
17. Jul 2010 00:00 Waregem Gothic Festival Waregem, Belgium
12. Nov 2010 20:00 O2 Academy Sheffield
13. Nov 2010 20:00 Camden Underworld London <- same day, same city, different venue as the March Violets :urff:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
vicus

AM@myspace wrote:Whitby Goth Weekend Update

Hi All. Been informed that there has been a line-up change due to the volcanic plume of dust and airline restrictions. The Deep Eynde will be replaced by New Model Army's Justin Sullivan. Also day tickets for both nights will be available from the info stall in the spa from Friday 23 April on a first come, first served basis. Further info go to http://wgw.topmum.co.uk/.

Source: DJ Martin Oldgoth

See you there!

Mel, AM HQ
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

John_Adrenochrome
Road Kill

Anne-Marie is playing Sheffield o2 Academy, 12th November 2010. Talking to Trotwood earlier, after he'd chatted with Tom Ashton - Anne-Marie has decided to reschedule the London date, or maybe even move it to Scotland :D

John_Adrenochrome
Road Kill

Almost forgot....

"Stan and I are also on the radio a couple of days before the Whitby gig. Listen to an interview with us on the evening of Wednesday 21st April; West Yorkshire's Raw Talent, 8pm - 10pm on BBC Radio Leeds - 92.4 FM/103.9 FM, Digital DAB and Online".

Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Sheffield looks good. Might have to do that and then hop downt to London the next night. Make a weekender of it!
Nationalise the f**king lot.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Just noticed that www.melspencerphotography.com -- Yay Mel!

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
jake
Road Kill

John_Adrenochrome wrote:Anne-Marie is playing Sheffield o2 Academy
The Academy in Shef is managed by Richard Hunter who used to manage Salvation - which would probably explain the booking.. last I talked to him (well before Xmas) he was trying to lure Gary Marx out of retirement - but not getting very far!
vicus

Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

Looks like there's gonna be a few more dates appearing Oct/Nov.

http://www.annemariehurst.com/news.html

moses

I just don't get her stuff at all. She can't sing too well and her songs aren't up to much anyway. Is she liked purely through assocciation?
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
scotty
Overbomber

moses wrote:I just don't get her stuff at all. She can't sing too well and her songs aren't up to much anyway. Is she liked purely through assocciation?
:eek: :evil: I see I must find you......fart up you nose and sh1t in your ears :evil: opinions are fine..........as long as I like them.........I suppose you like "Vision Thing"!
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
vicus

christophe
Overbomber

thx :D
it was a very good show! 8)
Another Shade of You.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

christophe wrote:
You don't say... I was thinking about going to that festival next Saturday :roll: :lol:
in dub we trust
christophe
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
christophe wrote:
You don't say... I was thinking about going to that festival next Saturday :roll: :lol:
if only that was possible ;D
Another Shade of You.
vicus

We are recording the album on the 22.8.10 for a week at Paul Weller's place writing new songs at the moment!
via facebook

moses

scotty wrote: :eek: :evil: I see I must find you......fart up you nose and sh1t in your ears :evil: opinions are fine..........as long as I like them.........I suppose you like "Vision Thing"!
'Fart up my nose and s**t in my ear' - that is exactly what I thought had happened to me after listening! :lol:

'Vision Thing'? Don't be silly.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

The gig started late in Sheffield due to technical probs so the encore was changed slightly, no 'Grip Of Love', 'Hey Ho' or 'Your Eyes' but the encore of 'The Wind Blows' & 'Trees' :eek: was great. Anne-Marie was suffering with a cpl of cracked ribs apparently, Owen still on guitar in place of Eddy, as per the Electrowerkz gig last month. No encore in Liverpool.
snowey

Correct, there was no encore at Liverpool last night. I think my recording came in at roughly 55 mins.
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

This time last year, same time this year, or thereabouts.
LATEST NEWS ... Low key Anne-Marie Hurst gig at Bradford 1 in 12 club. December 27 2010.
vicus

Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

Cool gig at the 1 in 12 Club, much better atmosphere than the recent o2 Academy gigs, and a better turnout. Setlist was the same but they had the opportunity to play it all this time around. The new material is starting to sound really good, 'Hey Ho' has been re-titled as 'Summertime' and the finale of 'Wind Blows' / 'Trees' works really well (and keeps us old Skels fans happy). During the encore break Stan went walkabout so Anne-Marie performed an impromptu a capella version of the old celtic folk song 'Peggy Gordon' - quite an enjoyable evening, looking forward to the new album and tour dates later this year.

vicus

Berlin Slaughterhouse gig provisionally lined up for Saturday 21st May 2011
via facebook