Old record dealer sales list found..

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
brunobossier
Amphetamine Filth

Victim of Circumstance wrote:@Taylor :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

@Live in Holland: I know someone who has a copy (black vinyl) but he refused to sell it to me so far :(
Maybe he/she does not want to sell, but have you asked for a photo of the lp ? This way we could have a better view on how the lp looks like.

Do you think that is possible ?
peggen
Road Kill

taylor wrote:@ Body Electric : I spoke with Greg (RIP) in the past a lot of time of this item. It was a one side 7 inch acetate (tape one studio label) with CNT label sheet plug letter, similar to the sheet that i have for be 7 inch. It was sold in Uk aprox 2 weeks I received the mentioned list. Greg never told me who bought it :(

@ Live in Holland 83 : I had bought this lp from GV several years ago in 1988 if i rememer right or so. I was very disappointed at time because it was just the record one of Possession 2lp (both in mcv & black) repackaged in a ltd 100 sleeve with a green insert glued on. For the artwork were used the front cover of ghostraider 7 inch

So disappointed that months afters I trade it :( for to get a copy of the Armaggedon lp that at time was impossible to find (At time i have already several sisters rare items inc several acetates but missed armageddon one and become literally crazy to get a copy). I trade it with other rare bootlegs for to get the rare white vinyl with a german collector. After this always find other copies of Armaggedon but never refind the holland 83 :urff:

Greg had it in stock at time both black and mcv vinyl so sure there are other copies around :D

this the true story

Thanks for the info! I've always wondered what that acetate was...:) So the Holland boot in the list might actually been the real one then!
paul
Overbomber

Also looking forward to a pic of the Holland LP!
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>I find it strange that none of the die-hard collectors still has a copy. Were >there really 100 made ? Or just only a few copies ?

impossible to know 100% , for me sure less than 100
my copy was mcv, seems that Ulf got a black ones

>Did you give a photo scan of the sleeve of the Live in Holland to the author >of the Unofficial History book ?

no Bruno i was swap it already when in 1994 the book come out

>Who is the author bye the way of this Unofficial History ?

Ulf Scherimer not in the business since long time, he had sold his collection (cure,sisters,joy division,) in the late 1990 and bought a flat :eek:
Cyberbio
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paul wrote:Also looking forward to a pic of the Holland LP!
I have a copy, but just in a plain white sleeve. So not all of them have the scanned green copy ... :eek:
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
taylor
Slight Overbomber

without sleeve is simply possession record one disk :D
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

cardoman wrote:
the-happening wrote:Those lists look like Greg Vandyke lists. I wonder who bought the Body Electric acetate?
Low price for that one, no?
It wasn't then! But looks mighty cheap now!!! He was always rather wide of the mark with his descriptions and legitimacy of quite a few of the records he sold.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
robertzombie
Overbomber

I'd be interested to learn more about the alternative Floodland sleeve :)
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>It wasn't then! But looks mighty cheap now!!! He was always rather wide of >the mark with his descriptions and legitimacy of quite a few of the records >he sold.

:notworthy: :notworthy:
paul
Overbomber

taylor wrote:without sleeve is simply possession record one disk :D
... and another dream shattered :lol: :wink:
Cyberbio

paul wrote:
taylor wrote:without sleeve is simply possession record one disk :D
... and another dream shattered :lol: :wink:
:lol: 8)
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Victim of Circumstance wrote:
cardoman wrote:
brunobossier wrote:I find it strange that none of the die-hard collectors still has a copy. Were there really 100 made ? Or just only a few copies ?

Did you give a photo scan of the sleeve of the Live in Holland to the author of the Unofficial History book ?

Who is the author bye the way of this Unofficial History ?
Andrew J Pinnell?
No. The author is a German and the discography is in German, too
Translation. No? :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Wiki Wizard

taylor wrote: @ Live in Holland 83 : ... For the artwork were used the front cover of ghostraider 7 inch
As the discussion and its outcome seem suffcient to create a page in the Wiki for "Live In Holland",

I started with substantiating the basis for the information available ... :lol: ... see Ghost Rider

Yes, please! Have a look and check the information there ...

I'm not sure in all parts. So any rectifications and additions are entirely welcome ... :D ...
Randall Flagg

brunobossier wrote:I find it strange that none of the die-hard collectors still has a copy. Were there really 100 made ? Or just only a few copies ?

Did you give a photo scan of the sleeve of the Live in Holland to the author of the Unofficial History book ?

Who is the author bye the way of this Unofficial History ?
my theory - for what its worth is that this LP was simply excess/spare discs, and the green cover was created to sell them. Probably via record fairs and mail order.

That's exactly what happened ref the Japanese cover for Blood Money. There were approx 30 discs extra, (or 30 sleeves short) hence the creation of the Japanese style insert, shrink wrapped and for sale!

So I really doubt there were 100 copies - but as for just how many we may never know.

Flagg
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

@Flagg: That is not unlikely, especially as the part one of the concert (Amsterdam, Paradiso, 28.08.83) was also released by TAKRL as 3rd lp (side E and F) of the 3 lp box "The Dark". Needless to say, that the tracklisting of the 3rd lp of The Dark is identical to Live in Holland...
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.