ScotGoths?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

sam1 wrote:bah humbug!!! I'm working on Saturday night(I don't know why I wrote that...I work every Saturday night!!),might be able to get out a little earlier though!!
We could always invade this place! I wouldn't mind a shiraz or 2 :)
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Silver_Owl
The Don

Andrew S wrote:
sam1 wrote:bah humbug!!! I'm working on Saturday night(I don't know why I wrote that...I work every Saturday night!!),might be able to get out a little earlier though!!
Would it be akin to The Blues Brothers?
How much for your daughter?

:lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

BELCH!
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

It's official : I'll be in Glesga on the 15th and it'll be quite a trip as a whisky trail through the four best whisky places in the city has been set up by my friends Archie and Denise with whom I'll be staying for the duration of my trip. Whisky bars and an impromptu HL meetup... I suspect carnage. ;D
James Blast
Banned

I'm easy, but you knew that ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Easy like Sunday morning? :P
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Andrew S wrote:

there is Magners as well Mr S>>
James Blast
Banned

but does it have a patio?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

It won't be a late stay for us either, we're headed out dancin' in Edinburgh afterwards, so a late-afternoon or early-evening 'do' is about right.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:I'm easy, but you knew that ;D
No I'm Izzy, and you knew that ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:It's official : I'll be in Glesga on the 15th and it'll be quite a trip as a whisky trail through the four best whisky places in the city has been set up by my friends Archie and Denise with whom I'll be staying for the duration of my trip. Whisky bars and an impromptu HL meetup... I suspect carnage. ;D
Which bars? Is one of them the Ben Nevis? It's got a reputation as a good whisky bar and is practically on my doorstep. Mind you, I'm not in the slightest bit impressed by the hospitality of the staff, who bawl at you to drink up and leave a minute after closing time.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

timsinister wrote:It won't be a late stay for us either, we're headed out dancin' in Edinburgh afterwards, so a late-afternoon or early-evening 'do' is about right.
Maybe best to find a pub somewhere near the station then? Are you coming by train or bus?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

We'll be on the train, aye. I'll book tickets across and back once we decide a suitable time
sam1

James Blast wrote:but does it have a patio?

we call it the car park :lol:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:Which bars? Is one of them the Ben Nevis? It's got a reputation as a good whisky bar and is practically on my doorstep. Mind you, I'm not in the slightest bit impressed by the hospitality of the staff, who bawl at you to drink up and leave a minute after closing time.
To be quite honest, I have no idea. All I know is a whisky trail in Glasgow has been arranged for me to participate in with a friend of Arch and Denise who's quite proficient in whiskies and that's about it. And I don't go to bars for the hospitality, I go there to drink and be merry with friends. If the staff don't like it, they can feck aff...
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

sam1 wrote:
James Blast wrote:but does it have a patio?

we call it the car park :lol:
"Slappin' in the car park"... Nah, doesnae huv thi same ring tae it ;D
James Blast
Banned

FAC.!
~ Peter Steele
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

As we're heading to a club-night in Edinburgh, we've decided not to head across as we'd only have a narrow slice of time in Glesgae. We'll pop back for a dedicated weekend later in the year instead!
James Blast
Banned

Jist as well I stayed in ma scratcher aw day ;D
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I was getting pished in a mattress fort with some steampunks, in Pitlochry, so I'd have missed this anyway.
But RAF, if you're about for any extended period of time, would be cool to meet you. I have a class test that afternoon (tests on Saturday, ERSE!) but am free after about 5ish. :)
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

After 5ish sounds just right, methinks, Korin, as the eve only gets started then. ;) I suggest you get in touch with Andrew S and/or James, who have been so kind as to offer their services for gathering the troops.
James Blast
Banned

me an Big Eat thi Bried will be in The Laurieston from 7pm onwards, get yir erses doon there
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:me an Big Eat thi Bried will be in The Laurieston from 7pm onwards, get yir erses doon there

;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
sam1

James Blast wrote:me an Big Eat thi Bried will be in The Laurieston from 7pm onwards, get yir erses doon there
no can do......work work work....damn damn damn!!!
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:After 5ish sounds just right, methinks, Korin, as the eve only gets started then. ;) I suggest you get in touch with Andrew S and/or James, who have been so kind as to offer their services for gathering the troops.
Before this thread disappears off the page, here's the plan so far for Arf's visit this Saturday.

Meeting up with Arf and his friends at 5pm in The Ben Nevis on Argyle Street for a whisky or 2, and then stopping off for something to eat on the way to The Laurieston. If we're still standing by closing time there (or if the spittoons start to overflow before then :innocent:), we could maybe find a late closing bar (Oran Mor or somewhere nearer by).

As per usual, anyone who wants to join us at any point along the way is welcome, so see you on Saturday!