Guitar geeks: Behriger vs Boss effects?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Basically, look at some effects pedals and whatnot (in this case a compressor sustainer) and comparing makes and prices etc.

Basically, a Behringer CS400 is £25 and claims to do the same job as a Boss CS-3, which is about £60.

Is the Boss pedal so much better than the Behringer that it really us worth forking out the extra thirty odd quid? The reason why I'm going for pedals is because I don't like naff sounding multieffects units (and at my budget I'll only get naff sounding ones), so I want to avoid getting rubbish sounding effects, but am I making a heavy sacrifice on quality by going with the behringer instead of the boss?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

Behringer is plastic, tone sucking s**t and really not to be taken seriously (I get told some of their modulation fx are decent though). Almost all their pedals are direct clones of Boss/Roland gear anyway just poorer quality, so why bother? (unless in the case of some of their stuff being clones of Boss gear you can't actually get anymore without paying absurd prices).... Boss is sturdier, but generic as hell these days (older stuff was way way better) and some of their pedals tonesuck like mad especially the CS-3 so I've heard. The SD-1 overdrive isn't even true bypass...useful, huh :roll:

Looks like all signs point to EHX, no suprise there really: http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-gui ... -pedal.asp

or try MXR perhaps....
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

You suggest Electrohamonix over and over both then?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Why not order both, try them out and return what you may not like?
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

When it comes to compression, I wouldn't recommend Boss, but the red MXR Dyna Compressor, if you want to go bucket brigade. While Boss is indeed good bang for the buck, the MXR just delivers more juice imho.

Also your choice when it comes to phasing; the MXR Phase 100 (or the 90 for those who want to keep it really simple) is unbeatable when it comes to phasing.

For more gourmet valve compression, I'd recommend the EH Blackfinger, which delivers great valve comping on just about anything you put through it. Oh, and you can make it go crunch too...
Last edited by Ahráyeph on 10 Jan 2011, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

And, lest I forget : Behringer is pish...