2 dates in Leeds 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Finally purchased for both nights today. :D
See you at the bar. :D
You certainly will. Can't wait for this, especially after missing Leamington last year.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Silver_Owl
The Don

Purple Light wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Finally purchased for both nights today. :D
See you at the bar. :D
You certainly will. Can't wait for this, especially after missing Leamington last year.
True. That means you owe me two pints. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Purple Light wrote: Can't wait for this, especially after missing Leamington last year.
Word.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
zaney5
Road Kill

Finally.
Today my tickets arrived. Must admit I was starting to get worried! Now as long as it doesn't snow or anything.....!!
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Purple Light wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote: See you at the bar. :D
True. That means you owe me two pints. ;D
Mine's a pint of gin when it's your turn. :wink:

Looks like myself and the fiend are revving ourselves up for it. That can only mean one thing. It's gonna be s**t this time.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

managed to blag a room for the second night, so tickets for both nights now ordered :D

see you all there!
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Elystan
Amphetamine Filth

£28 is very reasonable. Getting there and back from south wales on my own will be more of a problem.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Tickets arrived! "30th Birthday Party!"

And 7:30 - 1am, both nights! I assume the sisters will be on at 9:30ish- as usual? DJs after the band? Any specific ideas about what "Filmic Delights" might mean?

When i did 17.2.91 at the poly, I seem to remember I was home by 10:15 after the gig!!!!

Do the tickets to the European shows have the same info, "Special guests, DJs and Filminc Delights"?[/b]
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Bill Hicks wrote: Any specific ideas about what "Filmic Delights" might mean?
Wake - so at least you've seen one good Sisters' gig that night. :wink:

Could be footage from the aborted DVD, or else might be something Von reckons will "educate" us.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Didn't they do Koyaanisqatsi before Wake? I wouldn't mind that :D

My entire trip has been booked now 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth

[/quote]

.............. or else might be something Von reckons will "educate" us.[/quote]

That would be my bet.
_emma_
Overbomber

Bill Hicks wrote:Do the tickets to the European shows have the same info, "Special guests, DJs and Filminc Delights"?
No, all of the other tickets just look like normal tickets, with just the name of the band, venue, date and starting time, nothing special like on the Leeds' ones.
Debaser
Overbomber

I have informed the other half of my purchase (timing is everything in my house) Just another 30 odd days of whingeing as opposed to the 120 days if I'd have told him when I ordered the tix.

Now when do I tell him of the Julian Cope gig the following week? :innocent: He moans even MORE about him :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:
Bill Hicks wrote:Do the tickets to the European shows have the same info, "Special guests, DJs and Filminc Delights"?
No, all of the other tickets just look like normal tickets, with just the name of the band, venue, date and starting time, nothing special like on the Leeds' ones.

Interesting that tickets for both nights have the special guests, dj and filmic delights info!

So, looks like the birthday celebrations are to be repeated in full on the 17th!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Debaser wrote:I have informed the other half of my purchase (timing is everything in my house) Just another 30 odd days of whingeing as opposed to the 120 days if I'd have told him when I ordered the tix.

Now when do I tell him of the Julian Cope gig the following week? :innocent: He moans even MORE about him :lol:
Back in 1996 (ish) my mate bought us tickets to see Iron Maiden at Brixton Academy.Since he knew that the girlfriend he lived with at the time would be less than impressed,he waited till the day before we were going to tell her,and even then claimed that it was me that had managed to get last minute tickets
They are not still together...
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Debaser
Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote:
Debaser wrote:I have informed the other half of my purchase (timing is everything in my house) Just another 30 odd days of whingeing as opposed to the 120 days if I'd have told him when I ordered the tix.

Back in 1996 (ish) my mate bought us tickets to see Iron Maiden at Brixton Academy.Since he knew that the girlfriend he lived with at the time would be less than impressed,he waited till the day before we were going to tell her,and even then claimed that it was me that had managed to get last minute tickets
They are not still together...
Oh I've tried the day before admission. Shan't be trying it again :eek:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Just go without him. ;D
The Chancer Corporation
_emma_
Overbomber

reading this I'm so happy that these days I have only two challenges like this: 1 -telling my employers who will have to do without me, and 2 -telling my parents who will have to come over and babysit for my cats :lol:
lachert
Overbomber

my travel plans changed and i've got 2 tickes from london king's cross to leeds.
16 february - 12.10, arrive 14.35. tickets were bought as 'pick up at the place' ones.
if anyone interested i can pm my confirmation number and other details.
long live rock'n'roll
Debaser
Overbomber

abridged wrote:Just go without him. ;D
It has been mentioned on more than one occassion but who would I shout at when we go the wrong way?
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:I fly from Belfast to Leeds very regularly - its about nine miles from airport to leeds, and the airport taxis are very reliable. Ive paid between 12 and 20 quid one way from airport to leeds centre- probably get it cheaper with local knowledge but I always just want to get where I'm going. It doesnt take long as long as you dont hit traffic. There are also buses but depending on the route they take can take a veritable age, I wouldnt bother tbh.

Baggage pick up at LBA is VERY efficient - never had bother.

HOWEVER - the last four or five times I have flown I have been hit with big flight delays, twice being redirected to Doncaster, which is a fair bit away. Might be cutting it fine if you need to get checked in if you have any delays?

Have you looked at flying out of Belfast city? They used to do a teatime flight on weekdays, havent used them in a while though as I dont like the airport (and dont get loyalty points from their airline)
Thanks Batty & Abridged for the tips! Belfast would be handy but thanks for the heads up on the delays... If it's risky without the odd bit of snow or a volcano, it mightn't be worth it. I reckon the safest, is to get the flight out from Dublin the night before & take out the stress...

Cheers!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Ticket's arrived. Suppose I should do something about travel and accommodation.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I guess this is going be quite a major "meet&greet" event - unfortunately I don't have a good memory for names. It's quite tempting to list the people who are attending to the show(s) to get an idea how many forum-related people are going to come but 19 pages is too much work right now^^
Silver_Owl
The Don

DocSommer wrote:I guess this is going be quite a major "meet&greet" event - unfortunately I don't have a good memory for names. It's quite tempting to list the people who are attending to the show(s) to get an idea how many forum-related people are going to come but 19 pages is too much work right now^^
We could ask The Boss to get some new individual Heartland t-shirts made. Or badges. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

It's probably already a bit of a tight time frame for customizing stuff. After a few beer I'm gonna adress everybody with "hey" or "you" anyways :lol: