Saw the Bunnies last night

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

mh wrote:So hands up who else got Show Of Strength as the opener. "WOW!!!" is pretty much all I can say.
Show Of Strength!
Faints! :eek:
just don't tell me they did Broke My Neck.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

Black Shuck wrote:I think I might like the Bunnymen, but I can't bring myself to listen to their stuff as Ian Mchulloch is a sad, bitchy old slag.
Or at least thats how he comes across in interviews.
Damn straight. I can't stand them - try as I might to like them, I just find them overblown, pompous nonsense. The liner notes to their best-of are just laughable - they clearly take themselves far too seriously. In most respects, actually, they're like an 80s version of The Doors. Bleugh. That they're given so much adulation is really quite bizarre, I think.. especially when people like The Chameleons get so little notice in turn.

All ready to get flamed,
--George
[repeat x40]
James Blast
Banned

Well I'm kinda with you in a way, kafka, albums 1 and 2 are indispensable from any good record collection and the 3rd is still a very worthy platter. Then it all goes Pete Tong. What calls itself EATB these days is in my view, a very poor relation of a once mighty combo.

regards
Blast
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Red Sunsets wrote:
mh wrote:So hands up who else got Show Of Strength as the opener. "WOW!!!" is pretty much all I can say.
Show Of Strength!
Faints! :eek:
just don't tell me they did Broke My Neck.
Coupla bits of lyrics from it in Rescue, but yeah, some of it was there.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.