Today I've been mostly (prt 2)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

needlepoint not your thaang then? ;D :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

TIBM fighting off jet lag

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BUGGER!!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

richt, time I went aff tae get pished wi some Weegie Goths :D

document and eyewitness later
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:richt, time I went aff tae get pished wi some Weegie Goths :D

document and eyewitness later
Have fun.
Should I suggest getting pished and destroying? :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

done
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

... To which I can attest.
matty
Road Kill

Trimming and fitting a damn roller blind - which has taken me most of the day due to:

- Two trips to shop due to missing bracket in blind pack
- Concrete lintils above the windows
- Blind needed trimming at both sides due to decorative trim
- Numerous interruptions from my lovely wife, bringing coffee and home-made cake :)

However, aforementioned blind now looks proper tidy - and immense 'chuffed-ness' has occurred...
Let's drink to the dead lying under the water, and the cost of the blood on the driven snow.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

exactly the same blind thing happened here last week, minus the concrete and shop trips. i kept well out of it besides the coffee bringing.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

Surveying the property in attempt to determine what last night's prowler may have been up to.
I didn't find any damage or bodies, so, I guess all is well.
...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Pista wrote:TIBM fighting off jet lag

BUGGER!!
Stay up and try to pick up regular routine, that should do it!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Pista
Cureboi

Obviousman wrote:

BUGGER!!
Tried that but then ran out of vodka.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Pista wrote:
Obviousman wrote:

BUGGER!!
Tried that but then ran out of vodka.
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Palinka? :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

been taking some photos of the moon ,which are not very good but it keeps me amused
I just put the camera up to the eye piece of my telescope (I removed the eyepiece and secure the camera to it)
any advice as to get better photos would be good:

Being645
Wiki Wizard

Nice photo, nonetheless ...

I've been mostly doing translations on international justice affairs ... slightly tedious, but hell, a part of me really likes it ... 8) :twisted: ...
Debaser
Overbomber

Preparing my 'performing seal' lesson. Lesson observaton under the guise of 'lesson study' Oh we're not watching you, we're watching the children. You'll find it fascinating, it's really useful, we'll ask them and you can see what it is children really like doing and if they like doing it they'll do so much better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

matty
Road Kill

what telescope have you got sam1 ? Been looking for one for a while now - any recommendations would be useful, thinking about a 'Skywatcher' at the moment...
Let's drink to the dead lying under the water, and the cost of the blood on the driven snow.
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

re-insulating my loft. i am itchy as hell! that may well have nothing to do with the insulation tho!
:eek:
smurf
sam1

matty wrote:what telescope have you got sam1 ? Been looking for one for a while now - any recommendations would be useful, thinking about a 'Skywatcher' at the moment...
I have a Celestron Powerseeker (I think thats what is called!!)
My missus got me it for my 40th last year cos it was something I was kinda interested in but never done anything about!
I'm lucky cos I have a large decking area in my back garden so I can go out at night and put the telescope on that and its pretty stable
I was watching Brian Cox's program on TV a couple of weeks ago and it showed you how to take some pictures thru the telescope,so the previous post is an example of my results,I'm not that experienced in photography but I will keep trying every time its a clear night
I would really recommend getting a telescope though..great fun being outside after dark in this weather with a telescope,a camera and a beer
Also recommended is Brian Cox's book:Wonders of the Solar system
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

Today I've been mostly listening to silly, kiddie video game music.
I'm supposed to be watching my friend's 6-year-old.
But there's not a whole lot of "watching" going on.
This is the easiest babysitting gig, ever!
And I guess I should be grateful:
The kid is just glued to that stupid hand-held game of his.
But, it's just weird to me.

Kids are supposed to be getting into s**t
and vying for attention
and asking stupid questions
and running you ragged, as they run around the house messing with things you don't want them to mess with...
and then asking more silly questions...

What the hell is the matter with kids these days?
This game unit is like crack to him.
...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Change things then. Get some paper out and get him drawing.
His future is in your hands. :lol:

Oh, and smash the gameboy or whatever it is.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

sam1 wrote:been taking some photos of the moon ,which are not very good but it keeps me amused
I just put the camera up to the eye piece of my telescope (I removed the eyepiece and secure the camera to it)
Are you using an SLR? I know some have a bayonet + coupling that allows you to actually connect the camera to the telescope. Not sure how pricey that'd get though...

Also, I'd go for small apertures (highest number, never wider than f/8), whilst keeping your shutter speed shorter than say a second or so (I'll need to look into that, not quite sure when you'll start to see the things up there don't hold still). Either way, look up what the luminance of the moon is, and you should be sorted...

Click below for a good story on moon photography (classic but quite likely to be technobabble to anyone else on here):

Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
sam1

Obviousman wrote:
sam1 wrote:been taking some photos of the moon ,which are not very good but it keeps me amused
Are you using an SLR? I know some have a bayonet + coupling that allows you to actually connect the camera to the telescope. Not sure how pricey that'd get though...

Also, I'd go for small apertures (highest number, never wider than f/8), whilst keeping your shutter speed shorter than say a second or so (I'll need to look into that, not quite sure when you'll start to see the things up there don't hold still). Either way, look up what the luminance of the moon is, and you should be sorted...

cheers for the advice... I'll go thru the camera manual again and adjust it accordingly,,I don't do this enough to warrant spending any money on this yet!!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Not to mention it's more fun when you can build your own solution :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
matty
Road Kill

sam1 wrote: I have a Celestron Powerseeker (I think thats what is called!!)
My missus got me it for my 40th last year cos it was something I was kinda interested in but never done anything about!
I'm lucky cos I have a large decking area in my back garden so I can go out at night and put the telescope on that and its pretty stable
I was watching Brian Cox's program on TV a couple of weeks ago and it showed you how to take some pictures thru the telescope,so the previous post is an example of my results,I'm not that experienced in photography but I will keep trying every time its a clear night
I would really recommend getting a telescope though..great fun being outside after dark in this weather with a telescope,a camera and a beer
Also recommended is Brian Cox's book:Wonders of the Solar system

Cheers fella, it's my 40th coming up in September - so I'll start praying ;) (and doing some DIY, bit of gardening, wash her car a few times, etc..)