2011: FALAA Vinyl Reissue

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mh
Above the Chemist

Mobile Fidelity are definitely legit so I reckon that they just licensed the recording (same way that ATP were able to reissue Spiritualized's Ladies & Gentlemen special edition when - I think - Sony own the contract for the main work).
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I got in touch with MobileFidelity to ask some questions about this release. They will answere them next week, meanwhile I got some nice pics of the master reels:

The resolution would mess the layout, so here we go with links:

http://poison-door.net/phpBB3/gallery/i ... age_id=665

http://poison-door.net/phpBB3/gallery/i ... age_id=666
paul
Overbomber

:notworthy: @ Doc
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Seems I was right - excellent work, Doc.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Even if a boot of :von: farting some on here would collect every version :innocent:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

cheers,

I'm looking forward to the final reply - this is the actual list of questions I've sent:
1. Why did you choose this album for a re-Release?
2. How did you get in touch with the original master tapes of the recording sessions?
4. Aren't those tapes more or less degenerated during decades of storage?
5. Can you tell us something about the technical processing that makes your transfer more audiophile compared to the previous releases?
6. The product info reveals that this is going to be a "limited edition" - how many copies are you going to press?
7. Are there any plans to offer this new transfer in other forms as well (CD/HighRes Audio...)?
8. Talking about more releases: Are you going to re-release the other albums of "The Sisters of Mercy", like "Floodland" or "Vision Thing"?
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

BillyBadBreaks wrote:Even if a boot of :von: farting some on here would collect every version :innocent:
Don't give him any ideas.
robertzombie
Overbomber

I'm quite looking forward to this :D
Petseri
Overbomber

BillyBadBreaks wrote:Even if a boot of :von: farting some on here would collect every version :innocent:
Can he double as a bassist?
James Blast
Banned

even a double bassist would be a feckin' start :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

DocSommer wrote:meanwhile I got some nice pics of the master reels
Nice stuff :!:

The vinyl was supposed to be released today, but neither amazon.de or .co.uk has it in stock yet :|
Cyberbio

despair wrote:
DocSommer wrote:meanwhile I got some nice pics of the master reels
Nice stuff :!:

The vinyl was supposed to be released today, but neither amazon.de or .co.uk has it in stock yet :|
Well, seems to be sold out for the moment. My copy will arrive on wednesday... from amazon.de...
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
Casar
Road Kill

The fact that this is a MFSL release is what makes it interesting, they still use an all analogue signal on the pressing. Nearly all other vinyl reissues are CDs pressed on vinyl, most cutters use a digital spacing process, which converts the signal to typically 16 bits, and then back to analogue, and during that conversion you lose a chunk of original mojo. That is why they sound like crap.
despair

Cyberbio wrote:Well, seems to be sold out for the moment. My copy will arrive on wednesday... from amazon.de...
That's interesting, I pre-ordered my copy from amazon.de last week, but it still hasn't been shipped even though they claimed it would be shipped today.
despair

Update: Now I got an e-mail saying they are currently not able to deliver the item, and they don't know if/when they will be...

Seems like it has been delayed, because no one has it in stock yet.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I wonder whether :von: has got wind and "had a word".

Yet another potentially great Sisters project that might never see light of day...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

I'm curious to see what becomes of this ....
Cyberbio

despair wrote:Update: Now I got an e-mail saying they are currently not able to deliver the item, and they don't know if/when they will be...

same here :eek:
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
Pat
Slight Overbomber

There is a release date of 4-4-2011 on the Diverse Vinyl website.
Moving release dates back is something Mobile Fidelity do all the time. It'll have nothing to do with :von: . The EATB release has also been put back.
Diverse Vinyl
mh
Above the Chemist

Cyberbio wrote:
despair wrote:Update: Now I got an e-mail saying they are currently not able to deliver the item, and they don't know if/when they will be...

same here :eek:
Likewise. If it's just a standard push-back of the release date I won't complain too much - at least it's not MBV we're talking about here! (Their reissues have just gone back to May, about 5 days before they were due out, for something like the 10th time in 4 years! :evil: )
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
panzerfaust

erm..so is it out of stock or can i still pre-order? cause this seems to be essential for me djing...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

panzerfaust wrote:erm..so is it out of stock or can i still pre-order? cause this seems to be essential for me djing...
You might get an answer by reading the other posts.
"as we walk on the floodland"
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ordered my copy by the Indietective Shop. No information so far....waiting...

as usual.... :-)
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Any updates on this one?
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah did they reply to your questions DocSommer? I'm quite interested to know the details, as are most of us i'd assume