Sisters of Murphy video got thumbsdown

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
iesus
Overbomber

The video from Sisters of Murphy live with Crash and Burn was thumbsdown
perhaps it is not the best version ever in this cover but certainly not only a thumbsdown :s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJZOLj7rAs

i gave a thumbsup to this, i think the murphs deserve it ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
James Blast
Banned

more human than human
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pursued By Trees
Road Kill

Musically not deserving of the thumbs down ... but I can't help feeling that, especially when they've all gone to so much trouble to replicate the sound, instruments, sartorial elegance etc, perhaps the singers barnett could do with just a little more work.
I'm headed for the trees over there
If that's not a destination
I don't care
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

The video sucks big time in terms of recording quality so what's the problem with a thumbs down if the package looks and sounds just bad. Do I need to start a thread for any thumbs down I got for my vids over the years or may I continue not caring about this? :wink:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Take it on the chin big man
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Pursued By Trees
Road Kill

Without comments it's impossible to know quite which aspect the thumbs are directed at ... could be the quality ... could be the overall content ... could be anything really.
I'm headed for the trees over there
If that's not a destination
I don't care
James Blast
Banned

to clear things up. my post was trying to say that they make a far better job of it than what tours as A Sisters Of Mercy these days, it's got bass for one thing, never mind a bloke that can actually sing, then there's Mia - that just ices the cake for me

what's the thumb down all about?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

I got through 13 seconds.

When the audio quality is that bad, it's probably better to not post it to youtube at all.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
iesus
Overbomber

it is getting better after 15-20 secs
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

If you cannot stand a thumbsdown now and then you should not stay into music business. It never bothers me, and I think the Smurphs think the same way.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

phew! Too much movement, give that girl a tambourine and some tranqs.
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:If you cannot stand a thumbsdown now and then you should not stay into music business. It never bothers me, and I think the Smurphs think the same way.

IZ.
Agreed!
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go