John Cale vs Lou Reed

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Loaded ia a fantastic album 'rock and roll, oh! sweet nuthin, new age, sweet jane etc" its just as good as anything else the velvets ever released (apart from 'sqeeze' of course :wink: )
randdebiel²

kafka wrote:
randdebiel² wrote: You love loaded? :eek: ok then I understand, but what do you mean be Sun blinded music? :lol: something that I missed in Cale's career? :eek:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 91-6094516

And what's not to love about Loaded? It's a lovely album - Sweet Jane? New Age? etc. Admittedly, it's quite different - more like The Beatles than The Velvets' earlier stuff.. but I'd recommend you go back and listen to it again, cos it's fab.
oh, I admit it's ok...I love sweet jane....but there's Diug yule....the crappy production...and clearly something missing, my guess is: Cale
indeed....it's more beatles-like....and I don't like the beatles (except a few songs that are more velvet-like :lol: )
Indeed saying that it's bad is a bit exagerated, but it's not the velvet anymore.....maybe another reason why I believe it's more John Cale than Lou reed who was the velvet.......
what I liked most avout the velvet was the music, especially on the first two albums, which are the only ones I still listen to regularly.....
for me the velvet afterwards lacks exactly what roxy music became after Brian Eno left.....a pretty classic, a bit above average (which in the case of roxy music went pretty steepy downwards afterwards..)pop band....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
ryan

im gonna have to stand up for mr yule here

sure- squeeze was pathetic for a v.u. album. I mean- it had neither Cale nor Reed. It just had Yule BUT it doesnt sound that bad- blame that bastard manager whatever his name was. It seems like that was the direction that the velvet underground wouldve most likely gone anyway. So nowone blame Mr Yule- He was young and in need of a job- that and it has the fantastic Ian paice of Deep Purple Fame on drums. but as a V.U album...madness
randdebiel²

yes but the point is:it's SUPPOSED to be on a velvet album.....noone says loaded is really that bad....but as a velvet album it is.....if almost any other band would have released reloaded I'd say it was a fine albulm, but it wsn't some low-rate 60's pop band....it was the velvet underground....and as such, below par.....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....