For Greater Good + Kenji Siratori CD OUT NOW!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

thanks. for the last few years i can't find myself reading novels. it's just boring me.
James Blast
Banned

... and all that could've been... :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

Hi Izzy HaveMercy, what equipment do you use to make your music?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I Am The Jaw wrote:Hi Izzy HaveMercy, what equipment do you use to make your music?
IZ:

- Roland XP50
- Folktek Micro Garden
- Cubase 5.5.2 onna MacbookPro 15inch
- Novation SL 49 MKII
- NI Komplete 5 (Absynth, FM8,...)
- EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold Edition
- ZOOM H2 field recorder
- Roland SPDs drum computer/sample player
- Korg Monotron
- A twisted mind

SAM:

- Ableton Live, various VST's, Korg R3, SpaceBeam Theremin, Korg M1, various old synth stuff.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
I Am The Jaw wrote:Hi Izzy HaveMercy, what equipment do you use to make your music?
IZ:

- Roland XP50
- Folktek Micro Garden
- Novation SL 49 MKII
- ZOOM H2 field recorder
- Korg Monotron
- A twisted mind

SAM:

- Ableton Live, various VST's, Korg R3, SpaceBeam Theremin, Korg M1, various old synth stuff.

IZ.
Quite a bit of stuff then!

I have a small home studio with some synths. I don't really release any CDs but I enjoy playing music a lot.
Izzy HaveMercy

I Am The Jaw wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
IZ:

- Roland XP50
- Folktek Micro Garden
- Novation SL 49 MKII
- ZOOM H2 field recorder
- Korg Monotron
- A twisted mind

SAM:

IZ.
Quite a bit of stuff then!

I have a small home studio with some synths. I don't really release any CDs but I enjoy playing music a lot.
Not as much as I want to have ;) Mostly softsynths as you can see, my only 'real' synth is the Roland XP50, 20 years of age now and becoming vintage as we speak :D The Folktek is a follie which is highly enjoyable.

What music do you make? And enjoying music is the most important; releasing cd's is a nice thing to do but not really a necessity.

IZ.
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Not as much as I want to have ;) Mostly softsynths as you can see, my only 'real' synth is the Roland XP50, 20 years of age now and becoming vintage as we speak :D The Folktek is a follie which is highly enjoyable.

What music do you make? And enjoying music is the most important; releasing cd's is a nice thing to do but not really a necessity.

IZ.
I make ambient industrial electronic . Mostly 'soundscape' stuff...

I don't have any softsynths except for the the Waldorf PPG softsynth which I like a lot.

I really love analog synths, both old and new. I have a small collection: Roland System 100, Vermona Perfourmer, Doepfer Dark Energy, Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland MKS-70, Oberheim OB-MX, Korg Polysix.

I also have a bunch of digital synths: Alesis Ion, Kurzweil K2500, Waldorf Blofeld, Roland JP8000, Korg Prophecy, Korg R3.

I sequence all my stuff with an Akai MPC2500.

Like you I am always lusting after new gear as well! Buying synths is a pretty dangerous addiction. Recently I am really curious about the Analog Solutions Vostok and Telemark.
Izzy HaveMercy

Ah, some nice gear or what! :notworthy:

That R3 is also nice, Sam has it on loan for a while. The Oberheim, me envious!
I'd love a synthi or the like, but alas, they are a tad steep in price ;)

Sam has a K2000 as well, the Kurzweil racksynth, it is very nice but he uses it only sporadically.

And it seems you have the same as most of us, a serious case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)! ;D

IZ.
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Ah, some nice gear or what! :notworthy:

That R3 is also nice, Sam has it on loan for a while. The Oberheim, me envious!
I'd love a synthi or the like, but alas, they are a tad steep in price ;)

Sam has a K2000 as well, the Kurzweil racksynth, it is very nice but he uses it only sporadically.

And it seems you have the same as most of us, a serious case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)! ;D

IZ.
Yeah the Oberheim OB-MX rules, it is one of the most underrated synths out there... it sounds totally alien and sick (in a good way). So many people criticize it but I think it is a truly unique sounding piece of gear. Crazy modulations and random parameter generators that really make it sound 'alive'.

I've never played a Synthi but a lot of my favorite artists have used it on their records and it sounds amazing.

The R3 is quite powerful, I use it for organ sounds... it has a rotary cabinet effect that you can control with the modulation wheel... sounds great!

Tell your friend to spend more time with the K2000, it is an amazing synth once you get familiar with the interface.
Izzy HaveMercy

I think we're going to get along just fine! ^^

Finally, another gear slut on HL! :notworthy:

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

a room? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:a room? ;D

This room will do jist fine! ;D

Note the EMS Synthi suitcase in the middle ;)

For James, that's Hawkwind/The Pink Floyd/Eno gear!

IZ.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I like that!

Not that I'd have the faintest idea what anything does, but I suppose when there's that many knobs to turn and cables to plug you just kinda keep on trying until you say 'Ooh, that sounds nice'? :lol:

Nice to see GAS doesn't only exist amongst camera nuts, btw ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

but does it say Ping! ?
Another Shade of You.
Izzy HaveMercy

christophe wrote:but does it say Ping! ?
:lol: yes it does :)

@zeno, it is a bitch to learn without a basic knowledge of electronics, and also, a modular is quite expensive when you want a big one.

The positive side is that you can start with a fairly small setup costing, say, 600 euro, and then expand over the years.

As you might know yourself, this kind of option is even more expensive but it is spread over a whole lifetime so it hurts less in yer wallet... ;D

Modulars are not only for geeks in white coats anymore tho, they are onna total revival these days, just check the Doepfer site for a good European dealer...

IZ.