YCBTO - a confession

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Big Si wrote:
BillyBadBreaks wrote:
James Blast wrote:in your case it's 'You Could Be A Hun' :lol:
LOL :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
The beard suits you :wink: ;D
That was the best laugh I have had in ages, thanks Big Man :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

mh wrote:Torch worked quite well on the Floodland cassette, stuck at the end of side 1.
I don't mind Torch on it's own but with the Floodland tracks it sounds out of place.

His vocals sound different than the proper Floodland tracks, and the music sounds kind of underdeveloped to me...

Actually wasn't Torch an abandoned song from "Left On m*****n And Revenge"?

Now if they had put "Afterhours" or "Train" at the end of Floodland I wouldn't be complaining!
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.
James Blast
Banned

n'Emolicia wrote:Test
very :lol: :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Petseri
Overbomber

I Am The Jaw wrote:I'm glad he put it on a B-side instead of putting it on the album
I will agree this far, that it is good that it was not on Vision Thing.

The rest of this thread makes me think that you are two months too early for April fool's Day.
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

Petseri wrote:The rest of this thread makes me think that you are two months too early for April fool's Day.
err... sorry I can't see what you are implying?
mh
Above the Chemist

I Am The Jaw wrote:Actually wasn't Torch an abandoned song from "Left On m*****n And Revenge"?
Yup, allegedly the famous one that Craig refused to play and walked out of the band on account of.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Petseri
Overbomber

I Am The Jaw wrote:
Petseri wrote:The rest of this thread makes me think that you are two months too early for April fool's Day.
You is plural here, those who have posted so far.

The best thing about the song is that they decided not to include it on the album. ;D
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

Petseri wrote:The best thing about the song is that they decided not to include it on the album. ;D
Okay cool... better watch out, Hom_Corleone will be along to 'fix' your post shortly!
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

Heh heh.
That was pretty funny.
...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Petseri wrote:
I Am The Jaw wrote:
You is plural here, those who have posted so far.
Taking you in YCBTO as a plural as well, could have counted as one more reason to put it on the album ... :twisted: :lol: ...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

We're just repeating the same threads over and over here. A bit like the last ten years worth of tours.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
sultan2075
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:We're just repeating the same threads over and over here. A bit like the last ten years worth of tours.
Hah! I had exactly the same thought earlier tonight.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
James Blast
Banned

yeah, let's just throw the towel in

you don't have to read any threads you don't fancy
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
iesus
Overbomber

I like that song too :D
You are not alone ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

James Blast wrote:yeah, let's just throw the towel in

you don't have to read any threads you don't fancy
Or go to any concerts you don't want to. :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

which I don't, eh your point caller?
~ Peter Steele
million voices
Slight Overbomber

In the Bowie interview that Being645 was kind enough to post, if I read it right, Eldo was saying why bring out "Outside" if you know it is not better than the best work you have done before - he was referring to "Low" / "Heroes"
As YCBTO is Eldo's last recorded effort can I assume that he, himself takes this to be his defining masterpiece and nothing he has subsequently has come close, hence no further product?
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
James Blast
Banned

FACT!
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Above the Chemist

million voices wrote:In the Bowie interview that Being645 was kind enough to post, if I read it right, Eldo was saying why bring out "Outside" if you know it is not better than the best work you have done before - he was referring to "Low" / "Heroes"
As YCBTO is Eldo's last recorded effort can I assume that he, himself takes this to be his defining masterpiece and nothing he has subsequently has come close, hence no further product?
Lovely, million voices ... but within your computing you forget that the More single was released before Vision Thing... ;D ...

Hell, and keeping to that era, it were I Was Wrong, rather, to be our dear masters specific legacy ... :lol: ...

But fortunately, there was still Under The Gun ...
not to mention all those pretty new songs which might not have been released on label ...
nevertheless, almost everybody seems to know them - and somehow get hold of them ...
Susanne, Summer, Romeo Down, Slept, War On Drugs, Crash And Burn, Still, Arms ...

@ dear James ... Are you being creative again? ;D
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

James Blast wrote:which I don't, eh your point caller?
As you're fond of telling us.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Anyway, they could well play You Could Be The One at the coming gigs ... , please ... :roll: ...

---------------------------
Love is all I need, yes ... : -)))
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Being645 wrote:
million voices wrote:In the Bowie interview that Being645 was kind enough to post, if I read it right, Eldo was saying why bring out "Outside" if you know it is not better than the best work you have done before - he was referring to "Low" / "Heroes"
Lovely, million voices ... but within your computing you forget that the More single was released before Vision Thing... ;D ...

Hell, and keeping to that era, it were I Was Wrong, rather, to be our dear masters specific legacy ... :lol: ...

But fortunately, there was still Under The Gun ...
not to mention all those pretty new songs which might not have been released on label ...
nevertheless, almost everybody seems to know them - and somehow get hold of them ...
Susanne, Summer, Romeo Down, Slept, War On Drugs, Crash And Burn, Still, Arms ...

@ dear James ... Are you being creative again? ;D
:notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Is it that time again?

I will start a Valentine thread then. :lol:

I did a quick search for the older YCBTO Appreciation Thread, but couldn't find it.

My rant there still stands; it is a pish song and can only be appreciated in the way that I like "To Hell With The Devil" by Stryper. It is so bad it goes right up Tasteless' arse and comes out on the other side as Pitiful and Worth Just One Chuckle And Done With It.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Is it that time again?

I will start a Valentine thread then. :lol: ...
I don't see a contradiction there ... ;D ...