Trajectory of Mr. Eldritch’s career has groovy integrity

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Edmogirl - i salute you.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
James Blast
Banned

Get naked!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

:lol: This just gets better and better.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Is Von gay?
sultan2075
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:Is Von gay?
Yes, he seems like quite a happy individual in interviews. He comes off as a rather gay chap. Probably not when he thinks about releasing a new record, though.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Edmogirl
Road Kill

Some of you may be surprised to learn that it is not hard to predict the response of people who engage in the same conversation over and over again, year after year.

You may also be surprised to learn that you were not my audience.
I was addressing the sociology grad students who will (no doubt) find this community morbidly fascinating. There is certainly enough material in this forum for a master’s thesis.

When you are constructing your methodological framework, it seems obvious that you are going to have to create a composite model incorporating some psychological analysis.

Fruitful data can be found in the threads labeled ‘quotes’ or ‘quips’. Here the subjects wax poetic about the artist’s ‘brilliant’ remarks to the audience circa. 1991(usually involving some banality uttered in frustration at the time but which now somehow merits perpetual deconstruction and analysis).

The subjects use their knowledge of between song banter on bootleg band recordings to both increase their social currency within the group and to bolster their inter-self relationship (the auto-erotic variety).

You may also find it useful to measure the % of discussion about the artist vs. the art.

There are a number of posts indicating intimate knowledge (even including a Google map link purported to be the artist’s current address. You will notice that the moderators allowed this post to remain.

To those of you who are not sociologists…most of you are very nice and sane and I appreciate the generous amount of sharing.

To the super-fans who seem to think you own Mr. Eldritch:
I don’t know him. But I can assure you that to the people who actually love and care about him (family and friends)…your inner void and subsequent thirst for him is frightening.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

You talk drivel and now you're being rude. I'm amazed you can post with your head so far up your own arse.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Emerald Green
Road Kill

Edmogirl wrote:
You may also be surprised to learn that you were not my audience.
I was addressing the sociology grad students who will (no doubt) find this community morbidly fascinating. There is certainly enough material in this forum for a master’s thesis.
mmmm no wonder there is such a shortage of funding for practical and worthwhile postgraduate social science research...
True Love Doth Pass Away
James Blast
Banned

on this occasion I'm with the gimp with the severe trouser malfunction ;D

also don't you dare analise the social interactivity that goes on here, it's clear you don't want to be a member but
some typing arsehole wrote:both increase their social currency within the group and to bolster their inter-self relationship (the auto-erotic variety)
in your case swinging a 'would be intellectual dick' about

just fuck off out of it, eh
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Fact of the matter is, though, Edmogirl is entirely right.

You may not like it, you may not agree with it, you may deny it, but right is right.

And people would be much better off admitting the truth than hiding from it.

By the way, everyone should read Jacques Ellul's works on sociology - for example, the Technological Society. You'd learn a lot about groups vs. the individual.

Being an individual, by the way, isn't that bad.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
James Blast
Banned

but you are also a 'would be intellectual dick waver'
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

I came for the bad puns, but stayed for the intellectual dick waving. AAA+ would buy again.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
James Blast
Banned

get a room
~ Peter Steele
GC
Slight Overbomber

But is AE gay?

Answer me goddammit
sultan2075
Overbomber

I approve of the fact that this thread is taking a turn for the stupid.
--
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Gollum's Cock wrote:But is AE gay?

Answer me goddammit
Surely you've heard 'a cock up a dark place'?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
paint it black

sultan2075 wrote:I approve of the fact that this thread is taking a turn for the stupid.
if you leave it. problem fixed
GC
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:But is AE gay?

Answer me goddammit
Surely you've heard 'a cock up a dark place'?
Calling me a Goff are ye?

:)
sultan2075
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:I approve of the fact that this thread is taking a turn for the stupid.
Right-o. This is serious business. Sociology and such. Will do.
--
paint it black

sultan2075 wrote:
paint it black wrote:
Right-o. This is serious business. Sociology and such. Will do.
maureen lipman would be proud. serious might be stretching things a tad
Being645
Wiki Wizard

@ edmogirl ... I feel you're in a heartless nightmare of a heartless nightmare ...

btw, whether Von is gay or not is only of concern with regard to the social
environment, their assumptions and, accordingly, their choice of behaviour.

And especially in this sense, I've found Sisters songs are cross-cultural ...
and multi-layered, as we like to say, or multi-level as one could add ...

Any sociologist might compute the results from these facts or write some
essay about the procentual distribution of layers, levels, consumers and
their reasons ... but hell, never forget red heart, red heat.
Last edited by Being645 on 16 Feb 2011, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dear Doctor,i'm a bit of a sociopath.What should I do?

;D
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

i like a nice gravel path myself. does that answer the question? :kiss:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Play nice please people.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

damagedone wrote:Dear Doctor,i'm a bit of a sociopath.What should I do?

;D
Join us ;D

Ah, you already did - so, nothing to do more.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.