2 Dates In Leeds 2011 Part 2

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Silver_Owl
The Don

weebleswobble wrote:Hom, I have your shirt so I'll arrange to get it back to you.
Please don't. :eek:

:lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
copper
Amphetamine Filth

First Night:

+ Space Ritual was a nice opener
+ Looked up to the right of the stage near the end of their set & saw Chris and Von (sans shades)
+ Met a dude who told me the last time he saw the Sisters, Von was wearing a shirt like mine (brown St Pauli hoodie); took it as a good omen

+ The pit at the Sisters gig was loads of fun
- Von's vocals were oft buried in the mix
+ Ben & Chris were stonking

+ Body Electric, Pipeline, RLYL cover were nice additions
+ MORE
- No Far Parade or any other unheard Sisters track

+ Von changing the first verse of More to "I dont know why you gotta be so unpretending" (or so I heard it, anyway)
+ Von; "It's been a strange life, and I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids!"
+ Von bowing a good while after crowd sings impromptu HBD to the Sisters

+ Band members mingling with the crowd after the show
+ Von devoting some personal time to a fan in a wheelchair (Big points!)
+ Von chatting with Claire behind the DJ set and giving her a hug, apparently having a fine time

+ Seeing my hosts do the two-step around the pillar to the beat of the Nephilm's Preacher Man. For one song, it felt like the Phono had been resurrected.

Was fun.

Thank you.
neardark
Road Kill

Just come back from Leeds!!!
Fantastic, Brilliant!! Every night was perfect!!!
My dreams come true!!!
Nice for all the people I met!!! and specially all the heartlanders!!!

2011...on road again...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

wow..how did you manage that pic?
mh
Above the Chemist

sziamiau wrote:wow..how did you manage that pic?
You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till our NZ friend uploads his. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
tguk
Road Kill

Cupcakes... for all of you who didn't like them too much. I had two and I loved them. Not seen this mentioned anywhere else but I asked the cupcake girl if she'd had a hand in making them. She just said, "No, the band made them".
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

cutting the costs wherever is possible :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

Okeydokey, here's some of mine from the 2 nights:

...and Doktor Avalanche gets up-close-and-personal! :notworthy:

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

Looking at the vids on youtube, I was probably standing next to or really close to mipevo, if thats one of you lot.
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will p*ss on your computer.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

The cakes were from Murton's bakery on Cardigan Lane apparently.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

I thought the cupcakes were fine, but had a dodgy tummy all day Friday. Had to have been the cupcakes. No way could it have been enough cider to float a small armada. Oh no.

Wonder if they had goff repellent in them? Bat goff repellent cupcakes! :lol:
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:I thought the cupcakes were fine, but had a dodgy tummy all day Friday. Had to have been the cupcakes. No way could it have been enough cider to float a small armada. Oh no.

Wonder if they had goff repellent in them? Bat goff repellent cupcakes! :lol:
It's Legionnaires. :D It's never the alcohol.
I just realised I didn't actually *eat* one of those cakes. Probably for the best...
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will p*ss on your computer.
lachert
Overbomber

looks that nobody mentioned it but i think the lights was a little bit different that last 2-3 years or i'm worng? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:
You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till our NZ friend uploads his. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
you serious? man I am freaking out as is that something will happen in between and prevent me from going. I need a life
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote:looks that nobody mentioned it but i think the lights was a little bit different that last 2-3 years or i'm worng? :eek:
More strobe effect than 2009 London (I only remember them going for a burst during Dominion). I seem to remember mostly blue spots for that one too.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:looks that nobody mentioned it but i think the lights was a little bit different that last 2-3 years or i'm worng? :eek:
I missed the lights to Summer, no sunset yellow as far as I could see, and I doubt there was "another shade of blue" either!
lachert
Overbomber

30 different tracks ;D second setlist (Simon's one) was stolen from one kind bloke in a little fight. if you are on heartland, hope you still don't mind :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
long live rock'n'roll
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

sziamiau wrote:
mh wrote:
you serious? man I am freaking out as is that something will happen in between and prevent me from going. I need a life
Indeed, I have copies of them but it's for Martin to upload.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the twinkly "one million points of light" along the back wall were new, weren't they?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
lachert
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
the twinkly "one million points of light" along the back wall were new, weren't they?
they were used not only at vision thing but alsow in 2 or 3 others (encore ones?).
long live rock'n'roll
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote: Indeed, I have copies of them but it's for Martin to upload.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
tapping desk
sisters-pics
Road Kill

Pics are online now

:D

http://www.sisters-pics.de
medimuerft
Road Kill

Why is it that UNdemanding has turned into OVERdemanding in More? :wink:
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

They used thoise small twinkly lights in Orlando during vision thing several years ago, if my memory serves me well.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sisters-pics wrote:Pics are online now

:D

http://www.sisters-pics.de
Nice pictures, sisterspics ... thank you ...

That were two great gigs and a wonderful time in Leeds for me with almost everything it takes,
fulfilling ALL I had expected and going even beyond what I had hoped for ... ;D...

Greetings to everyone I have met (all the lovely Yorkshire people in the shops, in the streets,
on benches and in corners, all the staff at the car parks and the Leeds City Police included) ... you all were a great pleasure to me ... :D ...

_emma_ wrote:I'm online just briefly at a friend's laptop, so let me take this opportunity to say that I think Eldritch is God. Byeeee now. :kiss: :kiss:
... :lol: ... for me it's somewhat the same _emma_ ... :lol: :urff: :lol: ...
but if I shoud notice that this God is gonna hurt you unecessarily and on purpose, I'll give him a kick he shall never forget ... :twisted: ...

Well, he won't, I guess ... :wink: ...

Btw, I reallly adored your dress ... that was so lovely done ... :kiss: :notworthy: ...