2 Dates In Leeds 2011 Part 2

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
paul
Overbomber

Pipeline, the original by Dick Dale:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0dEeNTvSWE
sultan2075
Overbomber

medimuerft wrote:Why is it that UNdemanding has turned into OVERdemanding in More? :wink:
I assume it's a "why no new record?" reference.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:
medimuerft wrote:Why is it that UNdemanding has turned into OVERdemanding in More? :wink:
Or because we weren't very enthusiastic about the rework...
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will p*ss on your computer.
Being645
Above the Chemist

paul wrote:Pipeline, the original by Dick Dale:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0dEeNTvSWE
Thanks Paul ... for this can be watched even in my country ... :) ...

and should therefore do as a pretty link in the Wiki as well ... :wink: ...
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Safely returned yesterday, just down a mates as I've no internet at home. Just uploaded some photos to flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/59728593@N06/
from thursday's gig I did briefly delete some but they might be a birt shiut. I left on the ones from the dry dock, let me know if you'd like any deleted :twisted:

Very happy to have met some of the many faces that make HEARTLAND such a great location, more than a virtual space.

QB I think there's also a shot of Welsh Tony, great bloke you must let him know I've not forgotten about Medicine Bow potentially coming down to Dorset.

What a great show and what a great band :notworthy:
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
abridged
Slight Overbomber

darkparticle wrote:Safely returned yesterday, just down a mates as I've no internet at home. Just uploaded some photos to flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/59728593@N06/
from thursday's gig I did briefly delete some but they might be a birt shiut. I left on the ones from the dry dock, let me know if you'd like any deleted :twisted:

Very happy to have met some of the many faces that make HEARTLAND such a great location, more than a virtual space.

QB I think there's also a shot of Welsh Tony, great bloke you must let him know I've not forgotten about Medicine Bow potentially coming down to Dorset.

Ta for the photos! Though I look disturbingly like Steptoe in a pyjama top. Which is probably accurate! Twas nice meeting everyone. Though me body still hurts!
;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
The Chancer Corporation
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Here we go with the Postcards
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

DocSommer wrote:Here we go with the Postcards
I was impressed with the cards :D My (previously, only) decade old tshirt design that the local influx of German students all used to whoop at is in there. Not sure what to do with them, might stick them over my wall of stuff.

Lots of really good photos appearing, I clearly need a better camera for gigs. My phone camera can't keep up with movement and my digital zoom is limited. :(
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will p*ss on your computer.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for all the reviews, videos, postcards and photos so far. Much appreciated.

Has anyone found a good video of More, Gift That Shines, and Kiss online? Or can someone post a link?

Thanks again.

Trevor
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

bismarck wrote:Thanks for all the reviews, videos, postcards and photos so far. Much appreciated.

Has anyone found a good video of More, Gift That Shines, and Kiss online? Or can someone post a link?

Thanks again.

Trevor
I think someone posted a list of their videos a couple of pages back. Youtube's the favoured medium :) I know Kiss is up, not seen More or Gift yet.
http://www.youtube.com/video/aUuTE2EUmII
medimuerft
Road Kill

Yuitsu wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:

Would indicate that he at least picks up on criticism then...

Thanks btw for loads of ace pictures and videos!
bismarck

Yuitsu wrote:I think someone posted a list of their videos a couple of pages back. Youtube's the favoured medium :) I know Kiss is up, not seen More or Gift yet.
http://www.youtube.com/video/aUuTE2EUmII
Thanks Yuitsu,

I missed that one. Pretty great sounding.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

medimuerft wrote:
Yuitsu wrote:
sultan2075 wrote: I assume it's a "why no new record?" reference.

Would indicate that he at least picks up on criticism then...

Thanks btw for loads of ace pictures and videos!
I was close enough to see the facial expression...

As an aside, I seem to have half the symptoms of Legionnaires disease. Which are the same as flu symptoms. :urff:
MarkC
Road Kill
Location: Far beyond the black horizon. OK, it's Leeds really

Bismarck,
Kiss The Carpet will be on YouTube soon - few hours upload left at moment - you'll enjoy it, so it'll be worth the wait. Hopefully meets definition of good video (few backs of head shots but the toons sound OK)

In the mean time, Something Fast, Pipelne and Vision Thing are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMblxNC8EI

:)

Other vids to follow on YouTube LeedsGigs when my upload speed returns
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Back home & reflecting over the 2 gigs and i've been waiting for some kind of perspective to kick in ...but I still feel totally blown away!
First night was a really really good sisters gig - like Suikerrock 08 - but the second night? Holy mother of god! Brain meltingly awesome! When they kicked in to This Corrosion I swear I had tears in my eyes. This was the song that started it all of for me & after the occassional highs, horrible lows and all round uncertainty of the last twenty years - this was like a searing valedation... This is why I travel around to see a band that doesn't release records, doesn't really do interviews, doesn't have a great web presence, doesn't release on line, (Christ how tiring does it get discussing that! ). An 80's band that doesn't go down the cosy nostaglia package route & I ca not imagine ever getting the 'old gang' back for 'unfinished' business or whatever stupid cliches are bandied around for the one last/lates change to hoover up some cash. A band that bizarrely doesn't even merch the f**k out of it's audience particularly when most of the audience would be happy to turn over the wallets at the sign of a new t-shirt !!! A band that is the musical definition of wilful & uncompromising!
A band that simply does whatever the f**k it wants, whenever it wants & doesn't appear to give a damn what anyone thinks
And a band that on the right night can trip between worlds and let you loose yourself in smoke, lights and a beautiful noise!

What's amazing is I don't think it was neccessarily Leeds or even the Anniversery... Some had mentioned early in this thread about how the Sisters are now more a band than previous incarnations of :von: +2. And I do hope this is all part of an evolving process - without considerating the end game or destination (albums etc). Its the journey and the wild unexpected ride The Sisters take me on that's the pleasure!

For me, since I started in Wembly 90 - the 2nd night Leeds - best sisters gig ever!
[/i]
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

DasPerltAber wrote:
As for posing with someone for pics.......that's pretty likely to be me. ;-) I must say I was kinda amazed about just how much time he was willing to spend having pics taken. ;-) I am WELL chuffed. I will definitely have a couple of those framed. :D
Well done. How did you manage that? I was undoubtedly way gone by that stage but it appeared to me at the time that the photo session was pre-arranged with Andrew. Or did it just happen on the spur of the moment?

BTW... did you manage to find some Old Speckled Hen, or did you have to make do with some other good ale? :)
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

A wonderful couple of days in sunny Leeds.
Great to meet Heartlanders old and new to us in the Dry Dock on Wednesday and Thursday, a truly welcoming and friendly bunch to a couple of relative noobs.
The gigs themselves were fantastic. Good sound and a great atmosphere.The only regret, missing Corrosion while on a fag break. Mrs V. Just a tad peeved to say the least.
Hope to see you all at the next one.
John Blond
Road Kill

jande wrote:
robertzombie wrote:
Agreed :-/

It was however very nice to see the chemistry between Andrew and Claire when he joined her at the DJ booth. Man behind the mask and all that...
Never mind the chemistry between :von: & the Claire, the feeling I got at the gigs was that it was no longer :von: and 'hired hands' but a well-oiled functioning machine of a band (an industrial groove one at that)
Anyone have a pic of Claire?
robm
Amphetamine Filth

jande wrote:the feeling I got at the gigs was that it was no longer :von: and 'hired hands' but a well-oiled functioning machine of a band (an industrial groove one at that)
When :von: bounded onstage through the smoke on Thursday, I had that same thought.

Which I promptly forgot what with all the enjoying the gig.
mh
Above the Chemist

bismarck wrote:Thanks for all the reviews, videos, postcards and photos so far. Much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Trevor
All mine are here, including the 3 you want: http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=21442
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Sita

First time for me seeing them in a LONG long time. Don't have words for how happy I am :D
I didn't go to any of the gigs last year because you would see so much trash footage on youtube and hear so much criticism (which was justified at some points I'm sure) and it would have broken my heart to see my heroes in bad shape. Then I heard the bootleg of the Leamington gig, and knew I'd HAVE to see them again.

Jande you are you are absolutely right. Couldn't see Ben from where I was standing, but it was fun to watch Eldritch + Catalyst share stage.
Emerald Green
Road Kill

My 1 publishable pic from the 16th!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nualabugeye/5453750552/

A pic of Claire and other 'Leeds Folk' from a few years back

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nualabugeye/2099805357/
True Love Doth Pass Away
robm
Amphetamine Filth

bangles wrote:For me, since I started in Wembly 90 - the 2nd night Leeds - best sisters gig ever!
I'm still trying to convince myself it wasn't better than the NEC in 92.

Not as loud, sure...
Andie
Overbomber

darkparticle wrote:Safely returned yesterday, just down a mates as I've no internet at home. Just uploaded some photos to flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/59728593@N06/

There are some seriously scary photo's from The Dry Dock...
Debaser
Overbomber

Emerald Green wrote:My 1 publishable pic from the 16th!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nualabugeye/5453750552/

A pic of Claire and other 'Leeds Folk' from a few years back

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nualabugeye/2099805357/
Was checking out your other pics (Salvation ones) and I see Biggy's on there - Nige
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else