Hi ... Dominion Boxed Cassette

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Orca
Road Kill

Hi guys - I joined the forum about 18 months ago after something or other re-awoke my interest in The Sisters of Mercy but didn't pop in to say, "Hi!".

I've been into the Sisters since the mid-80s, shortly after the release of 'This Corrosion'. I had the great pleasure of seeing the band this last week at Leeds Met and ... while it was not as loud as I remember the Sisters on previous times I have seen them (most notable being at Blank Canvas and Von at the 'Off the Street' gig with Utah Saints) I absolutely loved the sound and thought the band to be ... a band. It's the first time I'd seen Ben & Chris live and they really do bring something of their own.

Anyway, I digress, but wanted to say "Hi!" prior to asking a question ...

As the title suggests, I have a query about the 'Dominion' cassette box set.

The wiki suggests it as "Dominion ... Untitled ... Sandstorm" ... with "Emma" on the 12" only and "Ozymandias" on the CD only.

Was MR043C literally a cassette in a conventional plastic case?

I have a boxed cassette labelled MR043C with "Dominion ... Untitled ... Sandstorm ... Ozymandias" with a printed postcard insert. The box is about the size of a postcard and around an inch thick.

Is the track sequence odd, or just the wiki out of date?
It's as described here: http://www.discogs.com/Sisters-Of-Mercy ... ase/937723
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

It's a mistake on the wiki. Ozzymandias is on the boxed cassette, as you say, as well as the CD. I'm not sure whether there was a standard cassette too. The wiki's also got the catalogue numbers wrong - all of the Dominion releases are MR47, not MR047.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Orca
Road Kill

Thanks for the reply, pal.

... anyone know if there was a plain, ordinary cassette release?
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Hi Orca and welcome ... :D ...

The Wiki is a wreck of a creature ... I'm trying to do something about it, but it's a hell lot of work ...

There is however this great site done by Heartland Member Patti82 or this one run by visionthing
- both of which should help answer plenty questions as yours while the Wiki is under further construction ... ;D ...
Orca
Road Kill

Nice one! It'll take me a while to read through, but both are superb resources. Thanks!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyone should feel free to edit the Wiki if they find mistakes...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Orca
Road Kill

Okay, will do ... I've not used the software before, but I'll figure it out I'm sure.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

markfiend wrote:Anyone should feel free to edit the Wiki if they find mistakes...
Absolutely seconded ... ;D ... :notworthy: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:
markfiend wrote:Anyone should feel free to edit the Wiki if they find mistakes...
I may regret posting that when we need to undo 38496 editing mistakes :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
S.O.D.
Road Kill

Hi Orca,

Im new here and I never said hello to anyone before posting! how rude. I do appologise.

Hello Everyone =)

I first saw sisters in 93 (im sure it was 93?) , At crystal palace with DM.
I last saw sisters wednesday 16th feb 2011.
I saw them inbetween too, sometimes !

enjoy
I bet she still looks good in ribbons !!!
Being645
Intellectual Love God

markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote:
I may regret posting that when we need to undo 38496 editing mistakes :lol:
Heaven Beware ... :lol: ...

However, IMHO, anyone should feel free to edit the Wiki, if they find something they
think it oughta be done or could be improved ... for mistakes we can care afterwards ... :wink: ...

Or just ask in advance, if you are not certain or don't know how to do it ...

Oh, I don't want to forget:

Hi S.O.D. ... welcome ...
Orca
Road Kill

S.O.D. wrote:I first saw sisters in 93 (im sure it was 93?) , At crystal palace with DM.

enjoy
Getting into the band after the Wake gig, I first saw them at Wembley Arena and hated it! Was that 1990 or 1991? Anyway, every time after that has been small venues, almost exclusively in Leeds.

I'm a big RLYL fan, too, and love MV (the last Leeds gig was just awesome, literally 8) ).

I go in fits and starts ... the XXX gig really re-awakened my love of TSOM and I've started pluging gaps in my collection. It's strange, I was talking to a pal about TSOM and saying we should go see them again ... and ... as if by magic, there they were ... playing "tomorrow"(as it was, then). One of my underlings at work sorted me out onto the guest list (his Dad is some bigwig at The Met) and before I knew it ... I was seeing 'The Sisters' again :D

Gotta say, Ben & Chris are perfect! Just need Lemmy and we've got possibly THE best band in the world ... ever ;D

... anyway, yeah, cheers guys ... see you around.

I'll be more sociable at the next gigs :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Wembley was 1990. It was a bit sh!t wasn't it? :lol: The Sisters aren't really suited to arena-size gigs IMO. Dark dingy little dives is more like it. 8)
—Bertrand Russell
Balam
Road Kill

S.O.D. wrote:Hi Orca,

Im new here and I never said hello to anyone before posting! how rude. I do appologise.

Hello Everyone =)

I first saw sisters in 93 (im sure it was 93?) , At crystal palace with DM.

enjoy
I'm new here as well lol although i have browsed on and off for years i have never felt the need to join until just before the Leeds Met gig, I met up in the Dry Dock and had a great time.
I saw the Sisters at Crystal Palace aswell, i loved the gig even though it was daylight!
Coming soon!! When my head works
S.O.D.
Road Kill

Hi Balam, greets to you,

I have been watching a few clips of the crystal palace gig on you tube, its amazing how good the sound was at that gig (if you find the right clips), and yes i really enjoyed that day out too.
Balam
Road Kill

S.O.D. wrote:Hi Balam, greets to you,

I have been watching a few clips of the crystal palace gig on you tube, its amazing how good the sound was at that gig (if you find the right clips), and yes i really enjoyed that day out too.
↲
i have got the whole gig on a dvd somewhere. I thought they sounded great!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hello to all you lovely new people by the way 8)
—Bertrand Russell
Balam
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:Hello to all you lovely new people by the way 8)
Hi, It's nice to be here! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Orca
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:Hello to all you lovely new people by the way 8)
Thanks, pal :wink:
S.O.D.
Road Kill

Hello to you too.

I fear I will always feel new here until I go to a sisters gig and receive a sticker with my name on tho !!! that is when I will feel truely welcomed.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I didn't get a sticker, Tim had run out by the time I got there.
—Bertrand Russell
S.O.D.
Road Kill

I thought he had a list of people who were going and as such, should have known how many tickets to take?????
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I realise that we gone a little off topic here, but I thought I'd bring it back on topic.

I have the Dominion 12" box set & although the cover is the same as the standard 12" cover, the record has a different track list. The inner sticker states that it includes 'Untitled (Long Version)' but it is actually Untitled + Ozymandias

The serial number is also different being MR43TB, rather than MR43T on the regular 12"

So the box set 12" has all 5 tracks in one place, which I think is the only Dominion format to have them all.

Right, I'll now go get my anorak
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

bananacamel wrote:I have the Dominion 12" box set & although the cover is the same as the standard 12" cover, the record has a different track list. The inner sticker states that it includes 'Untitled (Long Version)' but it is actually Untitled + Ozymandias

So the box set 12" has all 5 tracks in one place, which I think is the only Dominion format to have them all.
I'd forgotten about that. I'll hand over the golden anorak in the appropriate ceremony.
bananacamel wrote: The serial number is also different being MR43TB, rather than MR43T on the regular 12"
Ah yes, no-one spotted the, ahem, deliberate mistake in my earlier post regarding the catalogue number. As you say, 43 and not 47.