Married

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

shivarising wrote:
Sonya Marmeladova wrote:Did Andrew Eldritch get married yet?
It's 2011, not 1811. Intelligent people don't get married if they don't have to.
As an intelligent person who got married in 2009, I would just like to say fûck you.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
shivarising wrote:
It's 2011, not 1811. Intelligent people don't get married if they don't have to.
As an intelligent person who got married in 2009, I would just like to say fûck you.
I think what shivarising was getting at was "Intelligent people these days know that it's not a necessity for everyone to get married" ... :lol:

although Sonya never said that it was... :)
Last edited by Machine Regime on 25 Feb 2011, 10:32, edited 3 times in total.
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

shivarising wrote:
:lol: Are you sure you thought this one through?
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Sonya Marmeladova wrote:Because I am getting old so I started to look for someone to marry, and then I came to think of Andrew Eldritch...
Hmmm, Not wanting to sound harsh, but, would you please start taking your medication again, really it's for your own good.

markfiend wrote:
shivarising wrote:
And as another intelligent person who got married in 2003, I agree with the above statement by markfiend.
Do I Look Like A People Person?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

For some intelligent people it is absolutely necessary to get married, because of what they've seen before.

Although the meaning and substance of marriage - and the word itself - has been, yeah warped, revalued and instrumentalised for centuries.
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Nice to know I can still make friends wherever I go!

I just meant that part of the lure of being a musician is the non-conformity bit. You p*ss on the suits, you p*ss on the slag workers who toil away endlessly on someone else's treadmill, you p*ss on conventions, you wear sunglasses inside and funny outfits galore, you take lots of dr*gs, you have uh, fun, with lots of ladies who you will never see again... unless they are REALLY hot.

Von didn't conform to the record industry's wishes, why would he conform to the corporations who love marriage because it most often produces new consumers to buy more useless stuff?

I'm just saying... who wrote the line "life is short and love is always over in the morning"?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

shivarising wrote:Nice to know I can still make friends wherever I go!

Von didn't conform to the record industry's wishes, why would he conform to the corporations who love marriage because it most often produces new consumers to buy more useless stuff?
... yeah or conform to the state who loves to have new subjects and thus a means again to suppress the subjects already under it's thumb.
Sonya Marmeladova
Road Kill

did not really mean married (go to the church or wherever you sign papers), just thought it was the easiest way to express it..
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Sonya Marmeladova wrote:did not really mean married (go to the church or wherever you sign papers), just thought it was the easiest way to express it..
... unfortunately, the word is rather destroyed ... :wink: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

shivarising wrote:Nice to know I can still make friends wherever I go!
:lol:

Don't worry about it, it's only the internet. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
paul
Overbomber

I'm married for almost 10 years and still think it's cool! Oh, and I'm intelligent too! :lol:
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Been married for 17 years this year thanks.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Edmogirl
Road Kill

Sonya Marmeladova wrote:Because I am getting old so I started to look for someone to marry, and then I came to think of Andrew Eldritch...
If I didn't see it with my own eyes...I wouldn't believe someone would post something like this.

Poor guy. Being a celebrity must be hellish. No wonder he lives in hiding.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Edmogirl wrote:
If I didn't see it with my own eyes...I wouldn't believe someone would post something like this.

You must be somewhat blinded to think this happened to celebrities only or to guys ... :lol: ... doesn't matter, I love you nonetheless ... :wink: ...

Btw, if Nietzsche had found a wife, this idiot Freud could have gone home and we were long over this s**t ...

but unfortunately, Nietzsche had only his few friends and his pestilent silly sister ... :urff: ...
Edmogirl
Road Kill

I know too well that being the object of someone's yearning is to be treated as just that: an object.

People who would never frighten someone with aggression lose all self-censorship because they think their 'love' is a benenvolent force.

It isn't.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
Edmogirl wrote:

You must be somewhat blinded to think this happened to celebrities only or to guys ...
there's every chance that us mere mortals will end up with an obsessive nutter on our case at some point of our lives, but surely celebs are far more likely targets? either way, it's not fun :urff:

having said that, i have a feeling that Sonya had her tongue planted firmly in her cheek when she posted :)
Sonya Marmeladova
Road Kill

Edmogirl wrote:

You seem to be a very serious and correct person..

Do you really think he reads this or gives a s**t? I thought not, but if he does I apologize then.

(by the way: Not everything is meant to be taken deathseriously..)
Sonya Marmeladova
Road Kill

Andy Christ 666 wrote:
Hmmm, Not wanting to sound harsh, but, would you please start taking your medication again, really it's for your own good.
I would, but my dealer has disappeared...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

LouLou wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Edmogirl wrote: If I didn't see it with my own eyes...I wouldn't believe someone would post something like this.

You must be somewhat blinded to think this happened to celebrities only or to guys ...
there's every chance that us mere mortals will end up with an obsessive nutter on our case at some point of our lives, but surely celebs are far more likely targets? either way, it's not fun :urff:

having said that, i have a feeling that Sonya had her tongue planted firmly in her cheek when she posted :)
regarding the latter ... yeah, I took that for granted as well ...

regarding the nutters ... it doesn't take nutters, it's just everyday standard ...
people try to get the best for themselves along relations ... they have a thought, make a decision and start a fire ...
Edmogirl
Road Kill

Obviously I misunderstood.

Please excuse me.

Where I come from, jokes are supposed to be funny or interesting.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Edmogirl wrote:Obviously I misunderstood.

Please excuse me.

Where I come from, jokes are supposed to be funny or interesting.
Some people get a joke, some people don't. Just learn to live with it.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Edmogirl
Road Kill

In several interviews and in issues of UTR, Mr. Eldritch has openly discussed the negative impact fan stalking has had upon his life.

Apparently some people on here find that amusing.

The fact that I don't share this sentiment isn't a big concern for me.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Oh don't take everything so serious! :kiss: ;)
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

This thread still going? :wink:
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
sultan2075
Overbomber

Has the sociology experiment been completed?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.