Uncredited co-producer of Vision Thing album: Tsangarides?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

I was looking at the client recording log of Puk Studios in Denmark (where the Vision Thing album was recorded)...it lists the producer of the Vision Thing sessions as Eldritch/Tsangarides...

Who is this Mr Tsangarides and why wasn't he credited in the 'official' credits for the album?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Tsangarides

and i don't know whay he isn't credited.
edith: too late.
Last edited by Bartek on 26 Feb 2011, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

mandrake wrote:this? scroll down...
http://www.audioauthority.co.uk/christsangarides.html
Okay, good find! So why wasn't he credited in the Vision Thing credits?

I mean, if I co-produced and engineered a recording and the band didn't credit me for it I would be majorly pissed off.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

this track were on "when you don't see me' (single) and there he's credited.
I Am The Jaw
Road Kill

Bartek wrote:this track were on "when you don't see me' (single) and there he's credited.
Okay, thanks for the info Bartek!
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

He's probably still helping Anvil with their comeback.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

If memory serves....

Chris Tsangarides was called in to produce a live album that was to be recorded on the Vision Thing Tour. This, sadly, never bore fruit except for two live recordings that made it onto the B-Side of "When You Don't See Me", those songs being "Ribbons" and "Something Fast". He had no involvement with the recording/production of "Vision Thing" itself.

The thing I can't remember is if it was an interview in an issue of UTR or a general press interview where this information was revealed....my head says it was in reply to a question about a live album in the letters section of UTR, but I can't be 100% positive about that and don't have access to my UTR collection (unless I go digging around in boxes in the garage. Again). If anyone can get to their copies of UTR, can you clarify please?

From Puk Studio's website:

The Sisters Of Mercy
Andrew Eldritch / Mark Freegard / David Z

and lower down:

Helloween
Chris Tsangarides
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Balam
Road Kill

I have looked but can not see anything, saying that though it's probably there somewhere but i don't have the time to read them cover to cover (although i want to now)
Coming soon!! When my head works
Being645
Above the Chemist

Apart from Issue XIII, UTR is stored completely in HL Photo Gallery ... :wink: ..

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

he did a nice some nice remix work for depeche mode back in the 80s
Syberberg

Being645 wrote:Apart from Issue XIII, UTR is stored completely in HL Photo Gallery ... :wink: ..

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/
They are? Oh dear, I've been away too long :wink:

Right then, I have plenty of time on my hands, so I'll start reading. Time to head on up the river. :D The horror. The horror...

EDIT: Finished reading and I was wrong (sic). Nothing at all in UTR. But I did find this.

I'll keep looking and see what I can find.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

Just noticed this guy's name on the back of Killing Joke's "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" (original cd version), on the track "A Southern Sky"
iesus
Overbomber

Back in 90's, i bought a series of small singles, among them the one mentioned by Syberberg. Unfortunatelly i didn't had the money to buy them all :(
I remember the name of Chris Tsangarides was mentioned in 2 more of that singles in live recordings.
Chris also worked for many other rock and metal bands at this period. I remember him as a sound guru in recordings. :)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Spiggy's hat

Sadly passed away over the weekend.

RIP Chris.
Give me one good reason
Drsisters

RIP Chris, he was a very kind guy. He took some time to answer a few questions I always had about the When You Don't See Me B-sides.

He said that The Sisters live was a impressive momentum and that he enjoyed recording the shows in Hamburg.

On my question about what he thought of Andrew, he said that he is kinda the rock'n roll version of Sheldon Cooper. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: :lol: ... a lovely description ...
No wonder he got on well with so many people.
Passing at 61 is early ... RIP Chris Tsangarides.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

this mans name has been tagged to so many bands and albums that i love over the years. a very talented guy who's skills will be much missed in the industry. RIP Chris.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
iesus
Overbomber

Sad news for music in general.
Rip Χρήστο Τσανγκαρίδη :(

Btw anyone knows what happened to the rest of the material he recorded in tSoM concerts during that time? :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Drsisters

iesus wrote:Sad news for music in general.

Btw anyone knows what happened to the rest of the material he recorded in tSoM concerts during that time? :roll:
He told me that he recorded 16,17 and 18th of November @ the docks in Hamburg. He and Andrew remixed everything in a studio, Andrew kept the DAT tapes.

So we can assume that we never ever will see a full release of these concerts, sadly...
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Drsisters wrote:

He told me that he recorded 16,17 and 18th of November @ the docks in Hamburg. He and Andrew remixed everything in a studio, Andrew kept the DAT tapes.

So we can assume that we never ever will see a full release of these concerts, sadly...
Maybe part of it went in here https://sisterswiki.org/Knockin'_On_Docks'_Door :?:
Drsisters

Being645 wrote:
Drsisters wrote:

Maybe part of it went in here https://sisterswiki.org/Knockin'_On_Docks'_Door :?:

Knocking On Dock's Door is a s**t audience recording.. CT had a real recording rig for this job.. a mobile recording rig of some sort...
Pista
Cureboi

Drsisters wrote:
hired by WEA for $$$ ;)
Not English Zloty then? :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Drsisters

Pista wrote:
Drsisters wrote:
hired by WEA for $$$ ;)
Not English Zloty then? :D
Might have been the case :lol: :lol: :lol:
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Drsisters wrote: He told me that he recorded 16,17 and 18th of November @ the docks in Hamburg. He and Andrew remixed everything in a studio, Andrew kept the DAT tapes.

Knocking On Dock's Door is a s**t audience recording.. CT had a real recording rig for this job.. a mobile recording rig of some sort...
for sure a pity this will never see the light of the day. the two tracks are not really representing the live sound, but a dream version, which is great, especially nearly 30 years later
love is just a shot away