Ramones Museum

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Here are a few pictures that I took at the Ramones Museum in Berlin last year. Included is a banner advertising Ghost Dance as support band, and the running list for Super Bang 93 (headlined by The Sisters) :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertzomb ... 165372024/
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

aye, i spotted that poster when we went a few years ago - it's a great place isn't it? 8)

we went in 2006 when the museum was housed in a basement in kreuzberg, but it's moved now hasn't it?

we need to petition taylor to let us use his collection for a 'leeds goth' museum ;) :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:aye, i spotted that poster when we went a few years ago - it's a great place isn't it? 8)

we went in 2006 when the museum was housed in a basement in kreuzberg, but it's moved now hasn't it?

we need to petition taylor to let us use his collection for a 'leeds goth' museum ;) :D
Ah a dusty museum charting Leeds' dark glory days? Isn't that Elland Road? ;D :innocent:
The Chancer Corporation
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

abridged wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:aye, i spotted that poster when we went a few years ago - it's a great place isn't it? 8)

Ah a dusty museum charting Leeds' dark glory days? Isn't that Elland Road? ;D :innocent:
:lol: :notworthy:

the leeds 'goth' museum wouldn't be as dirty though ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
abridged wrote:

:lol: :notworthy:

the leeds 'goth' museum wouldn't be as dirty though ;)
You lot never give in, do you?
Four strings good, six strings bad
Holly_DelRey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Great pictures Robert :)
I'm defo going there when I'm in Berlin :eek: 8)
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
Garbageman

Nice photos Robert.
Thanks.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Selena
Amphetamine Filth

Two years ago I was there too. A bit small though (if I remember correctly, it's only a single room) still it's worth visiting :)
taylor
Slight Overbomber

we need to petition taylor to let us use his collection for a 'leeds goth' museum

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
iesus
Overbomber

Where is the Ramones Museum in Berlin??
a googlemap will be appreciated if exist or an address at least :D :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
robertzombie
Overbomber

Map

Very easy to get to as it's right near Oranienburger Straße and the tube system is a doddle. I think we went there twice it was that easy to find!
iesus
Overbomber

Thank you very very much :notworthy: ;D

Now i will add it to my list-to-do when i ll go to Berlin :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

IMO, the area round Oranienburgerstrasse is the best part of Berlin.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

Today, is a Ramones Museum Day ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Garbageman

Would love to visit that!!
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
mh
Above the Chemist

Was there earlier this year, it's quite small but absolutely packed with amazing stuff and more than well worth seeing. You also get your free badge and lifetime admittance. Don't forget to look out for the odd mention of the Sisters here and there. ;)

The t-shirt shop beside it seemed a shocking rip-off though.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

This is so on my 'to do'-list!
in dub we trust
iesus
Overbomber

It was smaller than i imagined, it had more things that i imagined, i got my lifetime member badge and a lifetime discount to the t-shirt shop next to it ;D

Yes it is true Ramones played sometimes as support group to the Sisters :notworthy:

i also got a nice Ramones t-shirt.

Btw i also discovered a book from 19th century in egyptian sector in Museumsininsel, a very extend writing about ozymandias and the scripts in the statue :D
maybe that book was viewed by someone else before and who knows... the images in this book are fantastic ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...