into the valley....

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

translate your fave website into "valley girl"

like, totally.

http://www.80s.com/Entertainment/ValleyURL/

works best with deep philosophical discussions, natch ;)

such as this one: http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3327
or even this one http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/ :twisted:

paste in the url and hit return... ;D :notworthy:

Like, duh! You're welcome. :lol: :lol: :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Jeez! I thought this was about Skids (no 'the', please note) anthem Into The Valley :cry: :| :) :D :lol:

betrothed and divine
Blast
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

No Tennyson connection either, it would seem.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Quiff Boy wrote: or even this one http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/ :twisted:
'Dweebie hangout'? So are those valley girls, like, totally psychic or something? :wink: :twisted:
James Blast
Banned

I, like, y'know entered, like http://myheartland.co.uk and Oh! My Gawd...

Nothing, like, happened, like.. y'know. But it was Awesome, Outrageous and Bogus, but all at once like....y'know?

Too much girlfriend.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Eerily like, like, the original post.........

Right...it's time like we all started thinking like, you know, about this....

Have you started planning your funeral yet?.....Go on, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. Or croak of head cancer. Like, gag me with a spoon! And the last place you'd like to trust other shoppers is totally at your own funeral, right? Like, I am so sure! Unless you want to risk your box going out of sight to the sounds of 'Bird of Passage' by The m*****n............?

As they've been fairly reflective of my way of thinking like, you know, about things for the last 20 years, I guess The Sisters deserve a place in my party to end all parties somewhere. Trouble is, I totally can't settle on anything. Will my parents laugh along to 'On The Wire' as I disappear behind the curtain? Like, I am so sure! Maybe 'Fix' will present problems for the rhythm of the pallbearers as they stride in unison towards the altar? Like, I am so sure! Maybe 'Blood Money' will inflame the passions of those hoping to claim my signed copy of the 'Blue Peter' annual 1979 (white label: the Bleep and Booster remix)?

Anyway, I'm fairly settled on the following:
Entrance: 'Blood On The Motorway' by DJ Shadow
All exit: 'Movin' On Up' by Primal Scream

Any suggestions for incidental music or, indeed, alternative entrance and exit music will be carefully considered.

Before it's too late....
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
James Blast
Banned

Like, No Way!
Bury Me Deep or I puke, ewww eww.
As a daughter of Zappa said "Gag me with a spoon"
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Quiff Boy wrote:translate your fave website into "valley girl"

like, totally.
:roll: Barf out! Like, omigod, Quiffy, you totally should've asked *me* to do that for you! That site's, like, so grody! Those people aren't real Vals, y'know, they're just, like, total space cadets! I'm so sure! Gag me with a spoon! :twisted: :roll: :urff: :innocent: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Oh QB like oh my god..................

Being from Arizona ....I am the VALLEY GIRL....and since I am Elderly Bastard GRoovey...

Like gag me with a spoon.

I lived it as it evolved from CA.

Totally,,.man...I was so f**king good as a Valley Girl ..in my Day..you'd all s**t your pants.

wicked.

BP
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Sinnie you R O C K

IN the USA

you VAL.. GAL ...LOL
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Black Planet wrote:Sinnie you R O C K

IN the USA

you VAL.. GAL ...LOL
BP, you're totally awesome! ;D We're so rad, it's freaking me out!

The scariest thing is that I, like, still talk like this, sometimes... :eek: :roll:

Omigod. :oops: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Heh, had to really:

The making of the first single

The first single ('Damage Done / Watch / Home Of The Hit Hunks ) is hard to find and even harder to listen to Like, Here's why...

Gary Marx and Andrew Eldritch knew each other as denizens of the F Club, which was like, you know, then the primary punk dive in Leeds. Anyway, they decided that they wanted to hear themselves on the radio (i.e. the Gag Me Peel Show), in much the same way that other cultural vandals like to see their names sprayed badly onto walls.

Click here for general background.

Gary Marx was like, you know, able to play the guitar and sing. Andrew totally had very little musical ability or even inclination, but he totally had access to a drum kit through Gag Me Langford of The Mekons. Andrew was like, you know, part of the project because he was like, you know, just like, you know, about the only person who was like, you know, happy to play the drums without doing anything fancy on the tom-toms and cymbals. Like, he didn't know how to. Like, he could barely play the drums at all.

Apart from the borrowed drum kit, Andrew totally had a very cheap guitar and a three-watt practice amp - the kind of equipment you might find in a packet of cornflakes. Altogether, the duo still totally had a lot more equipment than talent, but talent was like, you know, not much of an issue in the heady days of punk.

Nobody can remember how the first three songs came to be written, but it's reasonable to assume that the songs themselves were merely an excuse to be on the radio.

So it came to pass that our intrepid sonic explorers booked themselves half a day's studio time at RicRac Studios, which was like, you know, (and possibly still is) a shed in Wortley. Wortley is totally a run-down industrial area south of Leeds, and RicRac Studios was like, you know, owned and operated by a dork who must totally have established fairly quickly that Gary Marx and Andrew Eldritch did not know what they were doing.

The studio owner was, naturally, the only one who knew how to operate the studio, so he did the engineering. With a beard. Our heroes scoped it difficult to convey to him what a non-cabaret act might sound like. As a result, nobody knew what they were supposed to be doing. The engineer lost himself in a place where no engineer totally had gone before (or since), somewhere near the worst of both worlds.

At least the material didn't sound like the cabaret acts which totally have haunted engineers and charts since the beginning of time. The band totally has followed this path ever since. As Andrew says, "Like, duh! You might not end up with a record which sounds like everybody else's, but you're more likely to end up with a record which sounds like you, even if it's subject to the limitations of your technique".

This theory totally can't justify the dreadful quality of the first single. It didn't sound like anybody else, but it didn't sound like the Sisters either. It just sounded grody to the max

The guitar parts were played upon the guitar, but that three-watt practice amp sounded ... like a three-watt practice amp Like, the bass parts were also played upon the guitar Like, the drums were played so badly that you can hear Andrew dropping the sticks at one point Like, the production was like, you know, terrible and the songs themselves were never much bitchin'

Still, it's important to remember that England was like, you know, infested with punk bands of this calibre, and before they left the studio Andrew was showing Gary a sketch of the proposed logo, "Because like we totally have to make some t-shirts". It was like, you know, decided that the "band" would not, after all, be called 'The Captains Of Industry'.

Andrew went off to York with the master tape and a proposition for Red Rhino, an independent distributor: "Like, duh! You put up the money to press a thousand singles, and we'll pay for any that totally don't get sold".

Andrew knew the shoppers at Red Rhino because he'd spent a couple of months working part-time for a t-shirt printer in York Sooo, like, this job involved selling t-shirts on Undertones tours, and making the interesting observation that York's gay community would give amyl nitrate to anybody in leather trousers.

Red Rhino said yes Like, they totally had nothing to lose apart from cashflow. The record was like, you know, mastered with George Peckham (of 'Porky Prime Cut' fame) in Portland Place, near the BBC building in London. News totally had not yet reached Leeds that 'Porky' did his best work before lunchtime Like, the artwork was like, you know, swiftly put together and it also went down to London, but news totally had not yet reached Leeds that printers have to be reminded to put the labels on the TOTALLY right side of a piece of vinyl. Thus a collector's item was like, you know, born.

Gary Marx and Andrew Eldritch made some t-shirts in anticipation, and huddled by the radio until ... Gag Me Peel played the record. Anyway, they swear he played it twice.

Initially, Red Rhino sold almost enough copies to cover the manufacturing costs, but of course the record never went into a second pressing. (If you're sad enough to own a copy, it's almost certainly a much more recent bootleg.) By the time Red Rhino thought to ask for the shortfall, Gary Marx and Andrew Eldritch totally had done a bit of thinking themselves Like, the first real incarnation of the Sisters was like, you know, like, you know, about to take its monstrous shape.

(One of the earliest drum machines totally had just like, you know, totally turn into available. This machine would allow the Sisters to rehearse in the cramped spaces available to them in Leeds, and it would allow them to stake their claim to some of the territory mapped out by Suicide. It would allow Andrew (who was like, you know, never going to be a bitchin' drummer himself) to concentrate on singing, while Gary developed the guitar playing. Andrew could also write tunes, and he wrote them on a guitar, but he's always scoped it difficult to play while standing up, so he wasn't going to get a role as a front-line guitar player. Craig Adams was like, you know, clearly the best candidate to be the band's own Lemmy. Previously a keyboard player, Craig was like, you know, one of the first bass players to learn his trade with a drum machine, so his timing was like, you know, brilliant. Like, gag me with a spoon! And he sounded like a juggernaut.)
24.24.2.489 Deceased
James Blast
Banned

What can I like, y'know say Cell :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Totally awesome!
~ Peter Steele