Band Member Gantt Chart?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Orca
Road Kill

Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fields_of_the_Nephilim ... look towards the end of the page and you'll see a chart showing who was in the band, when ... crossovers of personnel and so on.

Does such a thing exist for TSOM?

Granted, there might be a slight difference for live and studio line-ups given members dropping out here and there.

Could it be put together?
Balam
Road Kill

Thats cool, it's a good idea!
Coming soon!! When my head works
Azazel666
Road Kill

Can't say I have ever actually seen one, i might work on one :P
James Blast
Banned

this is a new level of sadness :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:this is a new level of sadness :|
Says the man with the 5 figure post count. :P
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will p*ss on your computer.
James Blast
Banned

get bent
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Rise891
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Says the man with the 5 figure post count. :P[/quote]

Well played :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

I found a place I like, I post a lot, it makes connections with people who become friends. Is there something meringue with this?
~ Peter Steele
Rise891
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I am NOT in the cool club
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

say what you want to say but grumpy and cranky James B. is big figure in this small community.
and because of very good remark made by Izzy i will restrain myself from commenting this thread.
James Blast
Banned

don't hold yourself back Bart, this particular piece of chewing gum is starting to lose it's flava flav anyway ;D
~ Peter Steele
Orca
Road Kill

Rise891 wrote:Check this out

http://www.sisterswiki.org/Family_tree
That's cool ... takes all sorts ... some folks like the music, some the data, some both :wink:
James Blast
Banned

I foresee a long and lucrative career for you in middle management
~ Peter Steele
Orca
Road Kill

Fortune-telling, eh? Do you do any other tricks :P
James Blast
Banned

oh yeah, I can disappear in smoke
~ Peter Steele
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:oh yeah, I can disappear in smoke
i was determined to stay away from this thread, but Mr. Blast, i salute thee! 8) :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Rise891 wrote:Check this out

http://www.sisterswiki.org/Family_tree
Some of my finest work ;D

I'll get me anorak.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
S.O.D.
Road Kill

Vision wrote:
James Blast wrote:this is a new level of sadness :|
Says the man with the 5 figure post count. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I bet she still looks good in ribbons !!!
Azazel666
Road Kill

here is one i just made, pretty simple and maybe a little innacurate in terms of actual slace, but any crossovers should be right

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/e ... sovers.png

if there is anything amiss let me know
czuczu
Overbomber

More live members please! Nurse, Josesowicz etc.
Orca
Road Kill

Good work!
Where's Doktor Avalanche? Do we know the years of the various incarnations? Yes, Nurse too ... where available.
Azazel666
Road Kill

czuczu wrote:More live members please! Nurse, Josesowicz etc.
i did all the ones I knew so will keep looking and adding more, if you know the dates of any that would be a big help
Orca wrote:Good work!
Where's Doktor Avalanche? Do we know the years of the various incarnations? Yes, Nurse too ... where available.
err...i dont know what you mean...it's right on there...*runs off to update it quickly*
Orca
Road Kill

:lol:

There's a chap ... what's his name ... Slicepack, that's it ... who seems to know a lot about the technical setup of the Doktor. Maybe it's a little easier just to put DR55, TB whatever ... TB next version ...

The periods where the Doktor took over bass would be good to show, as would that odd period where Craig Adams left for a short vacation ... was it Jon Langford who came back for a brief period or the Doktor who took over in late 1985?

Good work! It's really interesting to visualise on a timeline. Great effort ... thank you :notworthy:
Azazel666
Road Kill

This is what wikipedia says, basically a summary of http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/tech/doktors.htm

"The original incarnation of Doktor Avalanche was a BOSS DR-55 ("Doctor Rhythm"); the Doktor was later replaced by a Roland TR-606, soon followed by a TR-808, and, briefly, a TR-909. On one album, First and Last and Always, an Oberheim DMX bore the Doktor name.

With increased financial resources from sale of the album, the Doktor was upgraded to a Yamaha RX5, and subsequently reinforced by Akai S900 and S1000 samplers. An Akai S3200 has been used as studio equipment. Soon after, the first digital Doktor appeared in the form of a set of Compaq portable PCs, which had to be scrapped when it became impossible to maintain them because of a lack of spare parts.

In recent years the "Digital Doktor" has been moved to a custom-built laptop designed by Andrew Eldritch and constructed by an English weapons manufacturing company. For a time there was some division in the band as the whether or not the Doktor should be moved to a Macintosh running Logic or remain as is."

unfortunately nothing about dates :(
i dont exist when you dont see me
czuczu
Overbomber

Azazel666 wrote:
czuczu wrote:More live members please! Nurse, Josesowicz etc.
i did all the ones I knew so will keep looking and adding more, if you know the dates of any that would be a big help
Erm, Suzanne Josesowicz was there for the '91 tour and also the '92 dates (I think)
I'm pretty sure they were a 3 piece for Summer '93 and then had Jovanka Wilsdorf & and someone else (possibly Josesowicz again) for the Overbombing tour :?