Leeds Classic Album Club

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I'm putting this on as a trial to see if anyone actually wants to come...

The first (and maybe only) instalment of a new "Classic Albums Club". The chosen album will be played in its entirety in the upstairs room of the pub and anyone that wants can come along and listen to it. Afterwards it'll be a simple case of having drinks, meeting people and chatting. If people enjoy it it'll happen on a more regular basis with other classic records.

For this first instalment we'll be listening to RAW POWER by IGGY AND THE STOOGES.

The albums played at any future shindigs will be chosen because of their importance to Rock and Roll, Punk, Post-Punk and Goth - generally records that have some influence over this entire spectrum.

It doesn't cost anything and it'd be great to see lots of different faces, part of the aim of this thing is so music fans that might not usually move in the same circles can get together drink and talk. So feel free to invite friends or even come down and your own make some.

Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=182731938438611
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Miki_Mundi
Road Kill

Nice Idea, shame I dont live in Leeds....:(
"In illusion comfort lies.."
Pics 16.02.11
https://picasaweb.google.com/1183831368 ... MCKnPGphwE#
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hot damn, I think it's an excellent idea. But I'm already booked for that night :-(
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Bring your date along :wink:
S.O.D.
Road Kill

Maisey wrote:Bring your date along :wink:

Oh one of them swapping nights eh!!!

bring your keys too

I bet she still looks good in ribbons !!!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

o.O
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Great idea, but I don't get time to listen to music at home let alone bugger off to the pub and listen to an album. :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I generally only ever have choons on in the car. Or when I'm on my own in the house. Sad innit?
—Bertrand Russell
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

:(

can't you have choons on at work? not even with headphones?

i probably couldn't make it through the working day if i didn't have my music.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

LouLou wrote:can't you have choons on at work? not even with headphones?
Nope. :evil:
—Bertrand Russell
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:I generally only ever have choons on in the car. Or when I'm on my own in the house. Sad innit?
Same here.....infact 90%+ of my music listening happens when I'm out and about in the motor. Not sure if that makes it sad though, no one to over rule my CD choices........more Rose of Avalanche then :lol:
Give me one good reason
Debaser
Overbomber

I've seen this done before, run by muzak nazis - NO TALKING, NO SINGING ALONG. You could just about get away with foot tapping.

Hope yours'll be much less intimidating.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

looks like a top nite out, hope it goes down a storm! "Followed by" drinking though i see... dunno if i could abstain for a whole album meself :innocent: ;D

most of my muzak listening happens on ever-delayed trains on the commute these days. at home it's mostly Derek Jacobi singing Night Garden classics... (hello there Mr Weebs)
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I was gonna go with "keep a respectful ambiance during the album".

Drinking is encouraged throughout, so by the time the record's done everyone's tipsy enough to make friends!
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I can see me not making it to work on Thursday if I come and that wouldn't be good. Plus after just forking out £450 for flight/hotel for a holiday I'm skint. Might do the next one if this one's a success though. Good luck. 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”