Bands you have starred in

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

First one for me was The Muff Dive 5-because we went down well!!!
We had a drum machine , bass and guitars and me on vox.
We covered Do It Clean,Pssyche , Dead and Buried , Sister Ray , Goo Goo Muck and a blistering version of Transmission.
My next band was The Midget Submarines, acid folk we called it.
Covered Nikki Sudden , Trashmen , Them, Dave Clark Five , Camper Van Beethoven , Television Personalities etc etc and we had a huge following in Boston.
Supported Mega City 4 and Senseless Things.
We had the drummer from Biff Bang Pow playing guitar!!!!
Miki_Mundi
Road Kill

I very briefly played bass for a band called Dark Summer, but I was s**t at it!!!
"In illusion comfort lies.."
Pics 16.02.11
https://picasaweb.google.com/1183831368 ... MCKnPGphwE#
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bands I was in never got further than the "take some instruments round to someone's house, jam for a bit and then get stoned" stage. None of them even got as far as a name as far as I can remember.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

something like 5 or 6 'rehearsals' and only on 2 of it was drummer, one 'song' (i wrote 'lyrics'). and it all was when i was 16 or maybe 17 and after i grabbed bass like 2 months before we started. we were nearly play some gig in kindergarten :lol:. last 'rehearsal' ended when some guy brought chem. charged weed what we smoked from homemade water pipe.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Was the drummer in West Cumbria's prime Goth-rock band "Inertia". f**king blinding cover of She Sells Sanctuary.
Four strings good, six strings bad
originalgoth

I formed a band with a guy on my night school class.
I played rhythm guitar & did the drum machine (Roland TR707) and he played lead guitar. Shortly after forming, he sold his house for a massive profit so he went on a massive spending spree at a music exhibition at the NEC - bought a Limited Edition Les Paul for a grand, Cramer Sustainer, another grand, porta studio, big amp, effects pedal set-up, I think he spent about 4 grand in a matter of a few minutes!!!!!

We started out as Crossing The Rubicon (that was Before Rubicon formed from The Nephilim split).
The bass player wrote the lyrics but we never had a singer to sing them. They were actually quite good songs though, Nephilim sort of sound

We eventually got a female singer, I left the band, her bofriend took over rhythm guitar, she changed the name of the band to Scarlet and they started sounding like All About Eve in a matter of days!!!!!
They had one support slot to Every New Dead Ghost that I went to. Don't know what happened to them after that.

I had been warned by her brother not to trust her!!!!!!!

That was the only time I've been in a band.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Too many to remember, but main bands For Greater Good and Avatar/The Avatar. Future member of All4s.

Former member of Grinning Ghoul, Gurthang and side-projects.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
centurionofprix

I'm trying to get some mates to participate in a Sisters rip off.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Have done a gig or two with a couple of friends as Organism back in the late nineties. Nothing was rehearsed, everything was improvised and boy did we suck. But fun times, nevertheless :lol:
in dub we trust
Dissenter
Road Kill

I was in the grandly titled Cherry Blossom and the Flower Fairies, a long time ago:

http://www.myspace.com/cbff

Now I'm in Zero Days. Some of you might like it:
http://www.myspace.com/zerodaysmusic

Our EP is available on iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody, Napster etc.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh I've vaguely remembered one:

Many many moons ago, what is now Oporto on Call Lane in Leeds used to be a pub. I don't remember what the pub was called, but they would occasionally have live bands.

One particular alcohol fuelled night when we went to see a few bands there...

One of the bands was Leeds's (in)famous Isobel's Shrine whose set I continually heckled with "Martin Martin show us your cock" until eventually Martin responded with "shut up Mark you fat twàt" to general hilarity at his discomfort. Martin wasn't particularly popular on the Leeds "scene". :lol:

Another of the bands (whose name escapes me) involved the lead singer being carried onto the stage in a coffin (a bit creepy as it turned out, he was killed not long afterwards (a car accident I think)) but I was one of the pallbearers. My one and only time on-stage with a band.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Orca
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:Many many moons ago, what is now Oporto on Call Lane in Leeds used to be a pub. I don't remember what the pub was called, but they would occasionally have live bands ...
White Swan? Black Swan? Some thing of swan (let me look into your eyes) :lol:

Was the band with coffin delivery called Dead Sex?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Something Swan, aye, that's right.

Dead Sex definitely rings a bell, yes!
—Bertrand Russell
hetfieldsmullet
Road Kill

I played triangle and lead nudity in our band Brand Names Of Mayonnaise. We disbanded after we all realised that everyone wanted to be lead nudity.
Orca
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:Something Swan, aye, that's right.
Dead Sex definitely rings a bell, yes!
I saw my mate's band Mr Jolly there, supporting Dead Sex. Same gig?

There was some rumour about "Jolly" being killed in a car crash. I first heard that when they (Mr Jolly) were a no-show at Rio's in Bradford and I didn't quite hear if they said "Johnny" (the bassist) or "Jolly" (the band). Years later I found out that Johnny was not dead, but had moved to Barnsley :lol:

It might have been a euphemism for the band splitting. Mr Jolly, that is, rather than the Dead Sex singer. I'd lost touch by then, anyway. This was around 1993 or 1994, I think.
sultan2075
Overbomber

A whole bunch o' punk bands. And something else...

When my dissertation is done, however, I'd really love to play old-fashioned country music. My biggest musical obstacle is lyric-writing: I find that I've got very little to say that lends itself to rhyme and meter... (Lucretius I'm not).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Petseri
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I continually heckled with "Martin Martin show us your cock"
Mental note: be prepared for outbursts when going with Mark to a pub.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I have never been in a band, although I aspire to do so one day soon. I've even got slogan stickers on my black guitar and if that's not a substitute for talent I don't know what is.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Pista
Cureboi

Calling god
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sam1

markfiend wrote:"Martin Martin show us your cock" .
why is this so funny?????
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

Voodoo Village People.
...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:very little to say that lends itself to rhyme and meter...
Gosh.
Sometimes, I can't make it stop.
...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.
hellboy69

i was lead shoutist in industrial rock band in-training 'Mark 13' with a dude who played guitar for Pig.

shoutist again in 'Self Destructive Nature' with a pal who played guitar for original Iron Maiden frontman Paul Di'Anno, we had a track released in Brazil on a metal compilation and you can hear another of our efforts on the opening titles of short horror movie 'On Edge' here

...but don't say i didn't warn ye :innocent: :lol:
Brad

damagedone

I keep doing some stuff from time to time,it's that usual 1 man band,drum machine,VOX amp and Ableton stuff(exploiting my girl for some vocals as well) :D
This resulted in RLYL Hollow Eyes cover last night

http://soundcloud.com/the-sulfur-electr ... ric-hollow

Feel free to insult me
;D
Last edited by damagedone on 06 Mar 2011, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.