Bands you have starred in

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sultan2075
Overbomber

n'Emolicia wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:very little to say that lends itself to rhyme and meter...
Gosh.
Sometimes, I can't make it stop.
When I was young and angsty, sure. Not so young and angsty anymore. This is a fine thing for me.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Johnny was not dead, but had moved to Barnsley - is it not much the same thing :D

For my two penny worth I had one rehearsal with a punk band - that lasted until i was asked to sing the vocal ' I want to rape you ' Even I draw the line at that
Just one of the pesky kids
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hellboy69 wrote:i was lead shoutist in industrial rock band in-training 'Mark 13' with a dude who played guitar for Pig.

shoutist again in 'Self Destructive Nature' with a pal who played guitar for original Iron Maiden frontman Paul Di'Anno, we had a track released in Brazil on a metal compilation and you can hear another of our efforts on the opening titles of short horror movie 'On Edge' here

...but don't say i didn't warn ye :innocent: :lol:
I used to have a track by a band called Mark 13 on a cd that came with Future Music magazine in the early 90s. Think the song was called 'cyberchrist' after the lawnmower man sample... Was that you? :o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I was in a band back in 89-93 (vocals, guitar): played a few gigs, recorded a few demos, but all that is best forgotten.
paul
Overbomber

I was in a band together with DasPerltAber. Oh wait, two bands actually. The first one was called The Kitten Drags, named after a Skinny Puppy song (I believe).

The other band we were in together was Crystal Entity (named after a Star Trek episode, daft name when I look back). It was old-skool-goth, had quite some gigs going on (one of the highlights was Dutch big goth fest Summer Darkness).

In bewteen there was a metal cover-band or two. Now in Nafta-2 (electro-wave), see link below. Highlights so far supporting for Covenant, Apoptygma, Trisomie21, Crüxshadows and a festival with Funker Voght/Vomito Negro.

Well, it kinda keeps you off the streets...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

I used to play bass in a gothabilly/sisters influenced band called graveyard dirt.

Don't ask :lol:

It was a mate's band and his girlfriend was the bass player until she found him shagging her cousin :lol:

She left him and the band. Up until then they were very cramps/birthday party influenced, but my love of 4/4 drum machines and my inability to do much more than hit E very fast while holding the bass very low changed the overall feel of the band to something more M62-sounding ;D

We played exactly 2 gigs.

The first was supporting a friends band called Redemption at the star and garter in Manchester, and the second was supporting isabelle's shrine - the band Mark Fiend has heckled ;) - at the banshee nightclub in Manchester. We were shocking, but still better than them :lol: they were a really dull play dead copycat band. Terrible.

Both gigs were around 1992ish I think.

We did a stunning version of Nancy & lee's "some velvet morning" ;D

The band dissolved after the singer pawned our drum machine and never got it back :(
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Just to add, I spent the middle part of the 90s pissing about with drum machines, samplers and synths under the awfully cliched name of Cyberchrist

It was industrially dancefloor oriented stuff. Nitzer ebb and early 242 were big influences, as were plastikman and fuse8.

The nearest I got to fame and fortune was when one of my demos was played on Kiss FM :D

After that I started doing more abstract stuff under the name of Skuppa. Influenced very much by bands like autechre and the whole warp and skam records stuff... Apart from a handful of tunes which I don't have anymore, nothing came of that.
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Closest I ever got to being in a band was singing Public Image with Discharge backing at a party.
Derr Herr Albert
Road Kill

I was a guitarist of Remembrance, a fine Gothic band from Spain who have a record called "Oblivion" by what was then part of the First Cause, another great band between Cynic and Dream Theater.
But my real band was Antropophobia where I sang and played guitar midi. It was a thrash-progressive band like King Crimson (90's)
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I roadied for 'friends of Heartland' Rhombus several times last year. Stage appearences were usually limited to delivering drinks, and disentagling the guitarist from his strap/lead/cock.

As for Maisey, the git sure as hell wasn't in the first 45 seconds of Premonition in London, December 2009! :lol:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I'm so aloof I won't even speak to myself.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Quiet, you.
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've never been in a band - having no rhythm, ability or singing voice...

My only moment on stage was after a massive bender with my mates at Newcastle's Quayside in around 1990 , ending up watching my friends' band 'Tubesnake' at a pub in NO PLACE, near Durham.
They were famous in the area for their Rolling Stones/Free covers and very good they were too.
Halfway through their encore of Gimme Shelter a pissed up wobbly legged 6'4" twerp (me) jumped on stage, grapped the mic and took over from the shouty singer, and proceeded to boom out the words in what I considered a very fair copy of our von's styley. They were the best 2 minutes of my life, getting a great cheer, but also a slap from the usual singer as I jumped off the stage at the end and landed heavily onto the first few rows of the crowd..

A great night!!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Orca wrote:I saw my mate's band Mr Jolly there, supporting Dead Sex. Same gig?
It might be.

Who is/was your mate in Mr Jolly? Names might help recall...

As for heckling Martin, a) I was very drunk, and b) everyone hated him anyway. So that was all right.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

It's a snippet from Testure by SP indeed. ;-) Back when we were still young and handsome. Now we are just handsome.;-)

I have to say that Nafta-2 is an excellent band and you guys are doing really well!
paul wrote:I was in a band together with DasPerltAber. Oh wait, two bands actually. The first one was called The Kitten Drags, named after a Skinny Puppy song (I believe).

The other band we were in together was Crystal Entity (named after a Star Trek episode, daft name when I look back). It was old-skool-goth, had quite some gigs going on (one of the highlights was Dutch big goth fest Summer Darkness).

In bewteen there was a metal cover-band or two. Now in Nafta-2 (electro-wave), see link below. Highlights so far supporting for Covenant, Apoptygma, Trisomie21, Crüxshadows and a festival with Funker Voght/Vomito Negro.

Well, it kinda keeps you off the streets...
hellboy69

Quiff Boy wrote:
hellboy69 wrote:i was lead shoutist in industrial rock band in-training 'Mark 13' with a dude who played guitar for Pig.

shoutist again in 'Self Destructive Nature' with a pal who played guitar for original Iron Maiden frontman Paul Di'Anno, we had a track released in Brazil on a metal compilation and you can hear another of our efforts on the opening titles of short horror movie 'On Edge' here

...but don't say i didn't warn ye :innocent: :lol:
I used to have a track by a band called Mark 13 on a cd that came with Future Music magazine in the early 90s. Think the song was called 'cyberchrist' after the lawnmower man sample... Was that you? :o
Wish i could lay claim to that there track but no, they were the proper (USA) Mark 13 - us lot never even played a gig (i won't say "sadly" cos it was probably for the best!).

Lots of band experience on HL, then eh, not least Quiffboss!
hellboy69

And now i hear Paul Di'Anno has been jailed for benefit fraud!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12717590

(comes as little surprise actually, pretty much anyone i know who met him is owed a tenner.... allegedly) :innocent:
Andie
Overbomber

http://punknotprofit.blogspot.com/searc ... Volume%202

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=60L67670

Track 20, or Disc 2 side 1 track 1 (depends if you're a vinyl junkie I guess) Capital Punishment - We've Realised The Truth Now

sad to say it's as rough as an arabs sandal, recorded in Craigroyston Community Centre, Craigroyston High School, Muirhouse, Edinburgh...on a regular tape deck shoe box style :D...it's not very good, and I'd rather not be reminded any more about it...Never played live fortunately, but my mates band, State Oppression, did manage to pull it together for one night only supporting The Angelic Upstarts...

Anything else I've been involved with, dodgy goth demos, Student Unions, Falling Over, support slots with Twisted Nerve...I'll deny all knowledge of... :eek:
Brad

Yeah, a shame about Dianno.

My band was set to open for him next month!
Prescott

see below
"... because we're that kind of people."