"The Dark Reign of Gothic Rock" book

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
alice
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:I'll sell you mine
Would you ? :oops: :D
James Blast
Banned

yep
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
leeds6
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:The one thing I remember about that book was that Prick Mercer solicited submissions from members of the 'goth public' -- Anita (see 'newsworthy' thread) was furious when she saw the entry 'Michelle Corns and Anita from Leeds'... :innocent:
remember it. in said fotos, anita was in her black crushed velvet dress standing next to a candelabra, michelle sitting between two goth metal lads on some stairs, probably a church in barnsley.
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

You guys got manuals?
Damn.
...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.
S.O.D.
Road Kill

SINsister wrote:
markfiend wrote:Or this one...
I can't speak for the book, having never seen it...but that cd set was my first exposure to some fantastic musical heavy-hitters, including Theatre of Hate \m/ :von:
Theatre of Hate , what a top band !!

Im off to ebay to try and find one of the said books, i have never heard of them either
I bet she still looks good in ribbons !!!
Anubiso
Road Kill

can i find any free version of these books on the internet?
because it's not easy to find such books in my country
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Anubiso wrote:can i find any free version of these books on the internet?
because it's not easy to find such books in my country
You can find them on EBay sometimes ... but not for free ... :wink:
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I bought this in Waterstones quite a few years back and just read the bits about The Sisters. Years later I like RYLY, The Violets and so on. Time for a re-read then!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”