Danse Macabre presents: SEX BEAT live in Glasgow - 23/07/11

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hello all. :)
Sorry for coming back and being a spammy git, but this may actually be of some interest to folk here.

Basically, as you may know, I recently started running a club night called Danse Macabre. It does pretty well, and we get a mostly non-goth crowd, but they all still happily dance to whatever we play. The eponymous song "Sex Beat" gets everyone dancing, and we figured "huh, why don't we try and educate other younglings as to what goth should be like?"
And via the excellent Mr Ed Rhombus, we got in touch with the band, who were more than happy to oblige. Thank you, sir! :notworthy:

So long story short: this is the first gig I've ever put on and I am excited beyond words and you should all come to it! :D

SEX BEAT (+ support tba)
Tickets are £8 from Tickets Scotland.
It is at The Classic Grand, in Glasgow. Doors are at 7.
Facebook event page
Last.fm event page

So aye. Am well chuffed. ;D
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

oh how our once young ones have grown!
i for one am very proud of you Dark! well done and hope this turns out to be a blast like i'm sure it will! :notworthy: 8) ;D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Cheers MB. :)
Hopefully we can get a decent crowd along, they are a fairly fantastic band!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Good work man! 8)
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Good work that man! Putting on gigs leads to some pretty good highs and some pretty crushing lows, I should warn you.

We should start some kind of Masonic Lodge.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Sexy :D :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Maisey wrote:Good work that man! Putting on gigs leads to some pretty good highs and some pretty crushing lows, I should warn you.
At least with you guys, I've got contacts in Leeds. Which, let's face it, is where every goth band in the country seems to be. Seriously, I can't find any in Glasgow.
EBM/industrial, no problem. Goth? Maybe Edinburgh, but nothing leaps to mind.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

There's a lot going on it Leeds at the moment, but a lot of the new bands are coming from around London methinks.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
James Blast
Banned

not a Gnu Club thaang then?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

nice to see I've still got the talent for killing a thread ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

You're the third or fourth person to ask whether it's about clubbing gnus. :lol:

No sir, just some auld g0ffix types coming up to show the younglings what a "Batcave" is. :)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Just a quick wee bump, we've got a sleazy Dundee electro/power-pop band called Cha Cha Heels supporting.

Excitement ;D
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

No worries Korin, happy to help.

Hamish is lovely, as are the rest of the band. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Dark
Underneath the Rock

He is. Just wish I had some way of getting in touch with him (and the others) a bit more easily. Sophie doesn't seem to check her email, or Hamish his Facespace more than once every couple of months :|

Still, we've got everything booked and ready, I guess they'll eventually want to know what the plan is and try and get in touch. :lol: