The Dark Reign Of Gothic Rock

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

touching from a distance- deborah curtis
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Quiff Boy wrote:i used to have this one:

ten imaginary years

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 41-8171045

it was written about 13 years ago, but the period of the cure's history it DOES cover was quite entertaining... :)
good lord! i didnt even realise it was co-written by fat bob himself! :lol: :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
pikkrong
Overbomber

ryan_w_0000 wrote:touching from a distance- deborah curtis
that was written from the point of view of his wife who was... hm... too different person :urff:
do i drive
or am i driven
Debaser
Overbomber

Dark reign of whatsit....cheap as chips in Selectadisc, Nottingham (Goth City Central)
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

Is a super read actually

I'm struggling with a Patti Smith on at the mo....so much so I've started a Ramones one to cheer me up
Debaser
Overbomber

Is a super read actually

I'm struggling with a Patti Smith on at the mo....so much so I've started a Ramones one to cheer me up
Debaser
Overbomber

ooooh heckipeck! damn that double digit slam
pikkrong
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:
Is a super read actually

i havn't a copy on my shelf (read a friend's one a couple of years ago) - so i can't check it right now but as far as i remember it was written in the style "Ian didn't want to learn driving"...
do i drive
or am i driven
Silver_Owl
The Don

I thought 'Touching from a distance' was a really good account of living with someone with epilepsy. It was a great insight into that but as far as finding out much indepth info on Curtis it was thin on the ground. Still well worth reading though.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

One good thing about "Touching From A Distance" is that it has all Ian Curtis's lyrics in the back. Now there's a cheerful read! :eek:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

whitesatin wrote:I mean the book by Dave Thompson.Is it worth for reading?
yes.
a bit overpriced at £15,
But it's a cracking read, even if the author is a blatant Sisters fan. But sometimes a biased author can actually IMPROVE a non-fiction book. Super anecdotes and quotes, the vast majority of which I'd never heard before, and lots of info on some really obscure and criminally overlooked bands like the Birthday Party and Specimen (how many books have detailed Specimen's rise and fall? a great band.)
Also, the author has clearly 'been there' himself; ie he was a goth, went to the batcave etc. which makes for a nice perspective.

some nice pics, too. Though there is a factual error about the recording of Vision thing (now I'm just nitpicking.)
Gazza for England manager