Ridicule Is Nothing To Be Scared Of!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I find everything by the Antz brilliant, so there :P

* fully paid up member of the Antz Invasion
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DerekR wrote:
Drenchrom wrote:
DerekR wrote:Ach away wi ye's. He was shite the first time round.
This coming from someone who like The Charlatans. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt..
I'd rise to this but I know that's what you probably want. Besides, I really cannae be ersed.

As someone not too far away might say......NEXT!
Far from it Derek, no offence was meant, if you dish it out, surely you can take a little harmless ribbing?!?

Matt..
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Got tickets for this for the Brighton shindig. I really am rather excited.
DeWinter

I actually liked "Prince Charming" and "Stand and Deliver", which apparently means I'm not a proper fan, as you're only allowed to like the punk stuff according to middle-aged balding men with a superiority complex. All highly silly fun and well worth the number one chart positions.
I think even Adam admits "Ant Rap" was a crock o' s**t, done when the whole thing stopped being any fun anymore.
Anyway, I'd rather any New Romantic than Madchester, even if it was fruitful plagiarising ground for Eldo after his transformation to Von Bon Jovi and his Visionary When Wet album didn't go down too well. Whenever I hear it mentioned my mind brings up the image of that chap from the Happy Mondays who's whole existence seemed to revolve around wearing shades and dancing like he had epilepsy. :|
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:I find everything by the Antz brilliant, so there :P

* fully paid up member of the Antz Invasion
Seconded!!!

And as for the Prince Charming l.p.
I say Scorpios is one of the finest opening tracks of all time!

And the single itself is utter genius!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Spiggy's hat

Yabba Yabba Ding Ding.........................over & out :lol:
Give me one good reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:I actually liked "Prince Charming" and "Stand and Deliver", which apparently means I'm not a proper fan, as you're only allowed to like the punk stuff according to middle-aged balding men with a superiority complex. All highly silly fun and well worth the number one chart positions.
This is getting ridiculous, I'm agreeing with you again! :lol:

It might have to do with me being ten years old at the time those singles came out, but bollocks to the "sell-out" accusations; those tunes ruled 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:
DeWinter wrote:I actually liked "Prince Charming" and "Stand and Deliver", which apparently means I'm not a proper fan, as you're only allowed to like the punk stuff according to middle-aged balding men with a superiority complex. All highly silly fun and well worth the number one chart positions.

It might have to do with me being ten years old at the time those singles came out, but bollocks to the "sell-out" accusations; those tunes ruled 8)
What the man said. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Drenchrom

mh wrote:
markfiend wrote:

My main problem with the album (Prince Charming) was, apart from looking gaudy, it had too much filler. Stand, Prince, Picasso are the best on the album. But tracks like Five Guns West and S.E.X are not good. I was about ten when the singles came out, so obviously they were the dogs wotsits. Still, i do prefer Dirk as it has a timeless quality to it. I even dug out Manners And Physique yesterday to give it a spin, early 90's pop/dance which does sound a little dated.

But the gig i saw in 1995 (with Marco, Dave Barbe & Dave Ruffy on Drums) was excellent. These new gigs may not be as polished but i'm sure they'll be quite exciting, You never quite know what you're going to get.

Matt..
James Blast
Banned

this is down there with being an ABBA fan in my book - I take a very dim view :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
abridged
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:this is down there with being an ABBA fan in my book - I take a very dim view :|
Ah James, The Day Before You Came is a great song. Am in the Prince Charming camp (so to speak!). A great song as is Stand and Deliver and Kings of the Wild Frontier. Yep was about ten also when they came out but they still sound great. :D
The Chancer Corporation
James Blast
Banned

I was somewhere in the 20-22ish area when Henry and His Hens came out with their 'bold warrior chic' it was drekk then, it's worse now Jeeziz!

"Hen musi-ick - Cluck, cluck, cluck..."
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sam1

the Glasgow ABC date has moved venue to the Academy due to demand!!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Footage from last night's Indigo gig.

The guitarist stage right, oddly enough, is Tom Edwards from the current Nephilim line up. :eek:

Perhaps not that odd, given that Matt Sorum is playing bass for him.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
FatTimBob
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:this is down there with being an ABBA fan in my book - I take a very dim view :|
Gimme Gimme Gimme Adam after midnight... :oops:
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Drenchrom wrote:
mh wrote:
markfiend wrote: This is getting ridiculous, I'm agreeing with you again! :lol:

My main problem with the album (Prince Charming) was, apart from looking gaudy, it had too much filler. Stand, Prince, Picasso are the best on the album. But tracks like Five Guns West and S.E.X are not good. I was about ten when the singles came out, so obviously they were the dogs wotsits. Still, i do prefer Dirk as it has a timeless quality to it. I even dug out Manners And Physique yesterday to give it a spin, early 90's pop/dance which does sound a little dated.

But the gig i saw in 1995 (with Marco, Dave Barbe & Dave Ruffy on Drums) was excellent. These new gigs may not be as polished but i'm sure they'll be quite exciting, You never quite know what you're going to get.

Matt..
What about Scorpios!?!? Best song ever!!! Manners is great but in fairness - I don't think he's a bad record in 'im!!! I'd recommend b-side babies or Peel session for an alternative spin of the early stuff...
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie