I don't wanna holiday in the sun!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
mh
Above the Chemist

Seems I'm off to Berlin tomorrow. Ramones museum - check. Egyptian museum - check. Pergamon - check. Beer and sausages - check. Owt else I should be looking out for?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

I don't wanna holiday in the sun either, I wanna live there, inna sun

when things are done and dusted here, I'm gettin out - somewhere in Greece is my preferred choice but I wouldn't rule out Bermuda or Gibralter
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I don't wanna holiday in the sun either, I wanna live there, inna sun

when things are done and dusted here, I'm gettin out - somewhere in Greece is my preferred choice but I wouldn't rule out Bermuda or Gibralter
You'd need a big wedge to afford to live in Gibraltar...seriously expensive!!
James Blast
Banned

and Bermuda's annar pipe dream... Hydra's lookin' guid 'tho :D

Florida? :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Get to the top of the Fernsehturm, the view there is majestic :D

The Pergamon is definitely a big favourite too, just to sit on the steps of the temple satisfies me :) Club life isn't too bad either, but you don't seem the type for that or do you :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
sultan2075
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Florida? :oops:
Better off in Texas, on the Gulf coast. Cheaper. Less humidity. Nicer people. Better food. Better beer.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
mh
Above the Chemist

Obviousman wrote:Get to the top of the Fernsehturm, the view there is majestic :D

The Pergamon is definitely a big favourite too, just to sit on the steps of the temple satisfies me :) Club life isn't too bad either, but you don't seem the type for that or do you :lol:
Far too energetic for me these days! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:Seems I'm off to Berlin tomorrow. Ramones museum - check. Egyptian museum - check. Pergamon - check. Beer and sausages - check. Owt else I should be looking out for?
I'd say the Surrealism museum, right across the street from Schloss Charlottenburg, but you already got an impressive number of museums on your list ;)

Boat trips are fun (and a nice lazy way to do something ;))!
Boat trips
More more boat trips
and even more

The area around Oranienstrasse and Hackescher Markt (Hackesche Höfe) seems nice to walk around and eat, and apparently Prenzlauer Berg is the place to be, but I haven't been there in a long while. When I'm in Berlin, I'm always out+about in Kreuzberg.

Anyhow by ANY means do not waste your time walking the area between Museumsinsel-Unter den Linden-Checkpoint Charlie, no matter what any city guide might try to tell you, it is completely interchangeable with any European city: H+M, Zara, Dunkin Donuts...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Obviousman wrote:Get to the top of the Fernsehturm, the view there is majestic :D
Agree with that!
Sita wrote:Anyhow by ANY means do not waste your time walking the area between Museumsinsel-Unter den Linden-Checkpoint Charlie, no matter what any city guide might try to tell you, it is completely interchangeable with any European city: H+M, Zara, Dunkin Donuts...
Totally agree with that!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Right, made it back. :D Spent most of my time in the old East, found some cracking bars, drank some wonderful beer, boat trips are good indeed, definitely true about some areas being quite interchangable too.

Nice city you Germans got there. :notworthy:
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I m thinking of going to Ireland hopefully in November, always had this wish since i was a kid of watching the Atlantic ocean from some remote irish village...
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

James if you come to Greece, let me know, maybe we can meet!!
James Blast
Banned

I'll take you up on that, even though I know it's a big and very scattered place :D
~ Peter Steele
Sita

mh wrote:Right, made it back. :D Spent most of my time in the old East, found some cracking bars, drank some wonderful beer, boat trips are good indeed, definitely true about some areas being quite interchangable too.

Glad you had a good time! :D
Next come to Munich for the Oktoberfest, ok? ;D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Sita wrote:
mh wrote:Right, made it back. :D Spent most of my time in the old East, found some cracking bars, drank some wonderful beer, boat trips are good indeed, definitely true about some areas being quite interchangable too.

when's that on?

;D :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sam1

Quiff Boy wrote:
Sita wrote:

when's that on?

Tuesday!!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

phew. thought I'd missed it :lol: 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sam1

every third Tuesday in months ending in Y
Sita

Quiff Boy wrote:when's that on?

In September ;D

(No seriously, it is. Case of German humour I guess ;D )