Record Store Day Saturday April 16

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

For those who don't know, tomorrow is the 3rd annual Record Store Day.
An event designed to get people to venture down to their local record shop - always assuming it hasn't closed by now - and buy some physical product.

Here's a list of some rather funky vinyl that'll be available in the UK tomorrow.

I'm sure Mr Blast will be particularly overwhelmed by the Bunnymen's contribution. :innocent:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Gosh, I'd love to see some more of that round these parts! (and amidst my own records)

I'm tempted to drive to Paris tomorrow for the one month-only Rough Trade store. Or will I be wise enough to hold on to my money for a week after all :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Feck! I own that, it's essential for the live version of 'Do It Clean'

nothing more ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Suede,Kate Bush,rammstein bunnymen....nice stuff,i ll just have to wait till the afternoon when they will start to pop up on ebay.
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Off to town later to, hopefully, pick up the Bunnymen and New Order 12".

In and out of the record shop last year in 30 secs with 2 copies of The Fall's limited Edition 7" in my hand.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Just back from my local store and got myself (some of) the things I wanted and something I didn't know before, but sounded too good to let pass...

Happy recordstore day, everybody :D :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I'll be strong, I'll be strong...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:lol:
in dub we trust
Carpathian Psychonaut

Yeasayer 7'', Radiohead 12'', Esben And The Witch 12'', Twilight Sad cassette & a Mute compilation on vinyle/cd. Done and happy.

Was queueing at 7:30am for an 8am opening and was still about twentieth in the queue! Person before spent £240....ouch :eek:

Wanted the Kate Bush pink vinyl 10'' but rarer than a Jedward fan club.

As radiojamaica says, have a good one folks!
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
snowey

Bunnymen and New Order records now in the collection. Could have picked up the Radiohead 12" but couldn't be arsed :lol: Got wifey the Grinderman 12" as a prezzie.

Probe hadn't got half the records that were out i.e The Smiths 10", White Stripes 7" and the Sonic Youth 12"....

Also my little man was photographed as the youngest in the shop and H got a free bottle of Probe Records stout...result.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Too bad the New Order/Joy Division one didn't make it to the lowlands and the Flying Lotus ep was nowhere to be seen either, but still...
I'm very happy with the Sonic Youth 12", the Mastodon 2LP, the Black Angels 10" and the Moon Duo 7" I did get :D
in dub we trust
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Managed to pick up the Grinderman Evil 12", Bunnymen & Warpaint 7" and The Kills 10". :D

Really wanted the Kate Bush 10" but the shop never had a copy.

Spent just under £24 but there were people spending some serious cash in front of me.

Plenty of other gits who appeared to be just grabbing up stuff presumably for resale. :roll:
Big Si
School Bully

They only had 15 copies of Grinderman in Mono, and I was late to the store due to a visit from my family this weekend. Guess i'll just have to get fleeced on ebay if I want it that much.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:They only had 15 copies of Grinderman in Mono, and I was late to the store due to a visit from my family this weekend. Guess i'll just have to get fleeced on ebay if I want it that much.
Should be reasonably easy to get hold off.
Came with a CD, so I can burn you the tracks in the meantime if you want to hear them.
The Kate bush one is changing hands upwards of £65! :eek:

It's nice but not that nice.
Mothra

We went to Banquet in Kingston - the queue to get into the shop must have been 100 or more. Went for a spot of lunch and only queued 15 minutes. Was pleasantly surprised to see the Grinderman EP still on the shelves (they had a fair few copies left, so might be worth calling them). Was even more pleasantly surprised to see my girlfriend shell out on her first ever piece of vinyl (at the age of 30!). Few things more sexy than seeing a girl buying records :D
James Blast
Banned

you weren't about in the 70s then

:urff:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
snowey

James Blast wrote:you weren't about in the 70s then

:urff:
Them clothes have just come into fashion in Bolton. :lol: :innocent:
sam1

Mothra wrote: Few things more sexy than seeing a girl buying records :D

I would pay good money just to watch my missus buy a record :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Mothra wrote:Was even more pleasantly surprised to see my girlfriend shell out on her first ever piece of vinyl (at the age of 30!). Few things more sexy than seeing a girl buying records :D
Jeez, Kerry has more records than I do!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell