70 quid to spend at the Apple Store

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

looking for either a dock for t'pod or desktop speakers that will play a pod, will top up the groats to about £150, only must have is - Killer bass!

recommendations pls :D

quite fancy these

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Don't expect killer performance for that money. I like this brand:

http://www.teufel.de/?lang=en

Bought a 5.1 system in 2004 and I'm still very happy with it. I also know some people who bought smaller setups/pc speakers - unfortunately I'm not familiar with the most recent product lineup but it shouldn't be hard to find some more opinions/reviews.
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

why don't you spend your money on these??

http://xorsyst.com/japan/japanese-mac-apples/
James Blast
Banned

Thanks Jan, I have already big bastard snoud system these are just for playing through my Big Fukk Off! iMac or t'pod on't patio whilst meate broils. :D

see me later Chef ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

ok then,

you might check out the "bose sound dock" - I recall that this was a very portable system with a quite neat sound performance. I'm usually absolutely not a bose fanboy but that was kind of impressive.

You might find a dealer to check these out.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

yeah, those sounddocks sound really good for their size 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

ended up with this

it's a Logitech Rechargeable S715i Speaker

outstanding bass, excellent mid range, more than adequate high maybe not the best looking device but I'm not going to be staring at it

an hundred quid, very, very pleased :D

oh and it's very feckin' LOUD! :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I've just got my X-mini II (set of three) for the Cowon D3 and I have to say they're wondrous. If anybody was thinking of them, I would say go for it 8)

damagedone

B&W Zeppelin

goes for around 250
James Blast
Banned

and doesn't snoud like £250, trust me, I tried it and your price is waaaay outta date - http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H4029 ... jEyMjkwMTg
~ Peter Steele
lachert
Overbomber

hope you saw new episode of south park? we must be more careful with this apple things :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
James Blast
Banned

I'd rather eat my tongue than watch South Pork, it's humour totally escapes me. King of the Hill is where I'm at! :D
~ Peter Steele
damagedone

James Blast wrote:and doesn't snoud like £250, trust me, I tried it and your price is waaaay outta date - http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H4029 ... jEyMjkwMTg
f**k,my bad sir,it was around this in some auc.in Ebay :)
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I'd rather eat my tongue than watch South Pork, it's humour totally escapes me.
That's hard to imagine - I think you're quite a bit of a scottish version of eric cartman :lol:
James Blast
Banned

I was never fond of you :lol:
~ Peter Steele