The Pink Floyd go back catalogue bonkers!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Masses of unreleased material to be released over the next few years

Pink Floyd have announced a schedule of reissues, which kicks off on 26 September, encompassing CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, SACD, an array of digital formats, viral marketing, iPhone Apps and a brand-new single-album 'Best Of' collection.

The releases, under the banner "Why Pink Floyd...?", are designed to appeal to first time listeners who can enjoy the standard remastered releases, while super-deluxe box sets will cater for the more "dedicated" fans, with alternate takes, unreleased tracks, restored live concert screen films and a live recording of the legendary The Dark Side Of The Moon performance at Wembley in 1974.

In addition to individual remastered CDs called 'Discovery' and the 'Immersion' CD / DVD / Blu-ray / memorabilia box sets will be a series of 'Experience' Editions - coupling one classic album with a further disc of related content from that album to offer a "deeper listening experience".

Storm Thorgerson, the band's longtime Art Director, has overseen the visual design, including new booklets for all the CDs, new artwork for the box sets and menus for the DVD content. Respected photographer Jill Furmanovsky, has edited books of original unseen photographs. Pink Floyd collaborators James Guthrie (in the US) and Andy Jackson (in the UK) have been in charge of digital remastering to the highest audio and audiovisual standards. Pink Floyd film archivist Lana Topham has supervised the painstaking restoration of many historic films from Pink Floyd's classic era, included in the 'Immersion' box sets for The Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here.

First to be available on 26 September 2011 will be:

The expanded deluxe and special edition versions of The Dark Side Of The Moon in a 6-disc 'Immersion' box set and 'Experience' 2-disc versions, as well as a collectors' vinyl LP and various digital formats.

Plus all 14 studio albums, digitally remastered will be available separately or as a brand new box set.

On 7 November 2011 Wish You Were Here will be released as 'Immersion' 5-disc and 'Experience' 2-disc editions, both of which will include bonus material from the band's 1974 Wembley dates, including a 20-minute live rendition of 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond', as well as a unique recording of 'Wish You Were Here' featuring the legendary jazz violinist, Stephane Grappelli. A collectors' vinyl LP will also be available, as will various digital formats.

Released at the same time will be A Foot In The Door - The Best Of Pink Floyd, a collection of their most well known songs, contained on one album for the first time.

The long-awaited 5.1 SACD version of Wish You Were Here, mixed by James Guthrie, will also be released via independent label Acoustic Sounds.

The Wall will then get a huge reissue on 27 February 2012, with deluxe packages including a 7-disc 'Immersion' set and a 3-disc 'Experience' edition.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Count me in!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

the full shred here - http://www.whypinkfloyd.com/
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Only James is rich enough to afford these :lol:

£93.60 for the full DSOTM set, I can but dream.

Might have to sell (another) kidney for The Wall set.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Where are the prices?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

There is a linky to amazon on the website for pre-orders.
James Blast
Banned

and it's broked
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Might be a Mac Attack James, the link works from my work peecee. :wink:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The links don't work at all with Javascript turned off. Bad web development practice.

Anyhoo, the 14-album box-set is £147.60 :eek:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004 ... /ref=nosim
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

summat bonkers at my end, I'm not even getting updates to this topic :?
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Now I wonder what the vinyl will be priced at.
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr