[Cancelled] Sonisphere, Czech Republic, June 11th

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
lachert
Overbomber

smells like non profit for the sisters. f**k you andrew eldritch, this was the one i wanna go, only 500km from me and 2 days before my birthday.
sorry for people who bought tickets already :?
long live rock'n'roll
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

how difficult would it be for the band to at least let people know what they are officially booked for/ looking into/ finalising.. other bands do it all the time :roll:

fairly s**t most gigs are announced through here because people found tickets for sale elsewhere

hope you get your money back dearest _emma_ . save it for the Manx gig :innocent:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

hope that Emma can sell/return this ticket :?
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote:smells like non profit for the sisters. f**k you andrew eldritch, this was the one i wanna go, only 500km from me and 2 days before my birthday.
sorry for people who bought tickets already :?
...this is rare occasion not to blame :von: , I guess. I see behind it mess and incompetence of organizers and owners of the Milovice airport, where it was supposed to take place. The band announced on their web page some confusion about it lot of days before promoters even admitted there is something going wrong...

But I'm no less upset and sad, you can imagine...
Right On Venom And Revenge
lachert
Overbomber

but date isn't changed, only place for few km, right? so why still not to play there? and the sisters looks like only one band out.
long live rock'n'roll
sukhoi

lachert wrote:but date isn't changed, only place for few km, right? so why still not to play there? and the sisters looks like only one band out.
...well, not exactly few kilometers, about 50 km I guess, but still very near to Prague. I think the reason is smaller venue and shorter time for shows, i.e. earlier finish of the festival, since it is close to urban area. I don't know why just Sisters are out of it (or don't want to know it...), the only reason I got from organizers is the same as posted before: "We got the information few hours before. The Sisters of Mercy were supposed to play with special night set which is not possible on new location."
lachert
Overbomber

"special night set" :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Wiki Wizard

lachert wrote:"special night set" :lol:
well, if it takes a "Golden Circle" Ticket to stand in front of the stage like a normal human being,
there's nothing else to expect for bands like The Sisters who just want to play their set ...

* Changed the Wiki and will leave it like that for a few days before removing the date completely ... :roll: ...
_emma_
Overbomber

But why is the official site not updated yet? I'm still fool of hope. :lol: :urff:

I just hope that the change of lineup and the change of venue is reason good enough to request my money back from the organisers. Isn't it.

If they say no, I'll be in urgent need of selling that shiny new golden circle ticket. Does anybody know anybody who needs one?
Oh well. s**t happens. If I manage to sell it, I'll have an excuse to go to Bergen. :)
_emma_
Overbomber

Has anybody noticed whether The Sisters are the only band who seem to have dissapeared from the line-up?
If yes, I just wonder why, what acvtually happened? "Licence change" sounds a bit enigmatic, so does "special night set". It would be nice to get to know what actually caused the problem. :?
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:Has anybody noticed whether The Sisters are the only band who seem to have dissapeared from the line-up?

..... so does "special night set".
I think that's it. If "special night set", ie Sisters' stage is gone, then they won't play, because they want to headline, no matter how small the stage is.
My two € cents..
sukhoi

euphoria wrote:
_emma_ wrote:Has anybody noticed whether The Sisters are the only band who seem to have dissapeared from the line-up?

..... so does "special night set".
I think that's it. If "special night set", ie Sisters' stage is gone, then they won't play, because they want to headline, no matter how small the stage is.
My two € cents..
...maybe it is close to the truth. Anyway, I had been assured they were to play at the main stage, maybe - my speculation - they were supposed to play after Iron Maiden as "dessert" after midnight, but really don't know... Or promoters were forced to shorten list of artists and unfortunately Sisters were not considered as crowd-puller (if they'd know... :lol: ). But just speculations...

Anyway, they were yet deleted from Czech version of Sonisphere program (they were still there during morning) which in combination with confirmation I got from organizers is, unfortunately, probably final word, at least by now. But still let's wait when "webmaster" of official Sisters' pages will find time to update :lol:
Bluebell
Road Kill

_emma_ wrote:
I just hope that the change of lineup and the change of venue is reason good enough to request my money back from the organisers.
Fingers crossed :(
Eggi1

2011 June 11 Nickelsdorf Austria Nova Rock

Due to a licensing issue at the promoter's end, we will now be performing at the Nova Rock Festival in Austria rather than Sonisphere in Prague. The Sisters had been booked to perform at Sonisphere at 11pm, which is unfortunately not possible since the site was moved (and the licence was changed). Please get in touch with office@novamusic.at if you need refunds/swaps.
266 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Baltimore
Philadelphia
New York City
lachert
Overbomber

nova rock :eek: it's 900km from me. repeat, play warsaw sonisphere day before. f**k :evil:
long live rock'n'roll
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Australia, Norway and Lundon gigs are confirmed now, btw.
_emma_
Overbomber

Eggi1 wrote:
2011 June 11 Nickelsdorf Austria Nova Rock

Due to a licensing issue at the promoter's end, we will now be performing at the Nova Rock Festival in Austria rather than Sonisphere in Prague. The Sisters had been booked to perform at Sonisphere at 11pm, which is unfortunately not possible since the site was moved (and the licence was changed). Please get in touch with office@novamusic.at if you need refunds/swaps.
Does that mean that if I e-mail novamusic, my ticket for sonisphere can be made valid for Nova Rock? That would be so cool!
Bluebell
Road Kill

Looks like. :)
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

Do they say here that if you buy a Nova Rock 3 day pass you'll get a free Sonisphere UK pass? Or is my German really that bad?

https://www.musicticket.at/index.php?id ... 6401281170
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

doulfe wrote:Do they say here that if you buy a Nova Rock 3 day pass you'll get a free Sonisphere UK pass? Or is my German really that bad?

Sounds unbelievable, but yeah, that's how I read it too!

There are 500 tickets reserved for this purpose....are they selling so bad at Knebworth or what? ;D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

doulfe wrote:Do they say here that if you buy a Nova Rock 3 day pass you'll get a free Sonisphere UK pass? Or is my German really that bad?

... :eek: ... in fact ...

NovaRock+Sonisphere UK= 132,50 EUR ... shocking ...and both festivals together with Mötorhead, aaahhrgh ...

and I don't even have time, not to mention money ...:evil: :evil: :evil: ... but hell ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
_emma_
Overbomber

:lol: I have my ticket for Knebworth already, all I need to be happy is to swap my Czech ticket for Nova Rock.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

just updated the title to reflect the status of this gig.

see

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/news/livenews.htm

for more info
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

anyone having trouble with a ticket refund for this gig should read this:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=21783

:)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?