First Listen: Thurston Moore, 'Demolished Thoughts'

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

it's actually quite pleasant :)

even tho' Beck's a Scientologist knob
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

yes it is.
and for dogs sake, i wouldn't have thought that You, James B., could give rats hairy arse about someone believes. c'mone he got that from his father like most people who believes in god (in several ways).
James Blast
Banned

aye but I'm a Zappa fanboi first and foremost and he just loved taking a dig at L. Ron Hoover :lol:

Tom Cruise anyone?

Beck's pants anyway, emperor's new clothes if ever there was one :|

this might interest some of you 'searchers of thee truth' - http://www.cracked.com/article_14932_th ... gists.html

I notice one of your faves is at numero uno Bart, is there anything we should know? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

well yes and of course, i'm agree that scientology is stupid, but like other organized religions (from my atheist point of view). good way to make money.
i still can separate man form his muzak (work), with exceptions for utter idiots.
Manson never was my idol.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Scientology claims to be able to "cure homosexuality". Rumour has it that several high-ranking male Scientologists have undergone this "cure" and are, as a result, so far in the closet* that they're finding Christmas presents.

On a completely unrelated note, as well as Tom Cruise, John Travolta is another celebrity Scientologist.

* Perhaps we should rename "the closet" (in this case) to the L. Ron Cupboard? ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Thanx Bartek, Thurston Moore is a mighty fine musician/fella in my book and I'm planning to go see his gig on the 30th...
Nice to have a listen already, but I'm gonna have to get the real deal too, of course 8)
in dub we trust