New Doctor Who - The Impossible Astronaut

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

timsinister wrote: So, you do sound like Bertie Wooster? :lol:
And, I'm reliably informed, Stewie Griffin when I'm angry! It's why I try never to lose my temper in public, people just laugh at me!
timsinister wrote: Yes, I was looking forward to that. I spent the rest of the episode wondering how you can dismember a Time Lord without triggering a regeneration - surely once you've cut them up enough, the entire body mass renews?
I got the impression that the stranded Time Lords died of exposure rather than were killed off. House did say he'd killed hundreds of Time Lord, but it didn't say directly or indirectly.
timsinister wrote: Oh, and did you notice the Doctor slyly drop the plot-bomb that Time Lords can regenerate across the genders? I wonder if that leads into...
And the strange regenerating girl who's probably River, but that makes no sense if she's really Amy's daughter.
Hmmm? :wink:
That would be interesting! I remember the Joanna Lumley Doctor. I suppose they can change race too, if the rumours of Patterson Joseph being considered for the role were true, and they apparently were.

timsinister wrote: I'd always taken the novels and audios as canon that Romana left E-Space and returned to Gallifrey, becoming President on several occasions (although notably not during the Last Great Time War). And doesn't it seem strange the Doctor wouldn't go and seek out Susan, assuming she'd avoided the War? I don't think we'll see a return of Carole Ann Ford anytime...

Hmm. I'd have liked to see Romana back, but the audios make it clear she was President until the Time War started going badly.
Have you noticed no renegade goes by their real name? Doctor, Master, Monk, Rani, Corsair, War Chief, Chronotis..
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Chiwetel Ejiofor didn't deny he had been approached to be the next doctor
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Needless to say I haven't read the preceeding documen, but I find the current Doctor a little childish, and the whole episode of of him dying aviods regeneration?
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Thought last night's episode showed promise - nice to have a two parter as well.
Quite nice to see Rory not being utterly feckless. :lol:
If nothing else, at least this series, they've stopped using that blasted sonic screwdriver as a solution to every crisis.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Yeah, last night's episode was good - it felt like an episode of the "classic" series.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

DeWinter wrote: Hmm. I'd have liked to see Romana back, but the audios make it clear she was President until the Time War started going badly.
Have you noticed no renegade goes by their real name? Doctor, Master, Monk, Rani, Corsair, War Chief, Chronotis..
Oh-hoh, you know more BFAs and EDAs than I do then, sir! ;D

I'm a VNA and MA man myself, not had much truck with the Eighth Doctor onwards. As for renegade Time Lords and their titles, well, that's just typical Time Lord bombast. They've all got huge personalities, haven't they?

You've read about The Deca, the mob of unruly Academy students who almost all went rogue after graduation, right? Seems the Doctor himself probably inspired most of the rebellions of some of the worst villains ever to terrorise the DW universe. How's that for making a rod for your own back?
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

timsinister wrote:
DeWinter wrote: Hmm. I'd have liked to see Romana back, but the audios make it clear she was President until the Time War started going badly.

I'm a VNA and MA man myself, not had much truck with the Eighth Doctor onwards. As for renegade Time Lords and their titles, well, that's just typical Time Lord bombast. They've all got huge personalities, haven't they?

You've read about The Deca, the mob of unruly Academy students who almost all went rogue after graduation, right? Seems the Doctor himself probably inspired most of the rebellions of some of the worst villains ever to terrorise the DW universe. How's that for making a rod for your own back?
Far too many TLA's for me to know what you're talking about.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Erudite wrote:
timsinister wrote:

Far too many TLA's for me to know what you're talking about.
It's all BS anyhow

8)
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

timsinister wrote: Oh-hoh, you know more BFAs and EDAs than I do then, sir! ;D

We are truly putting on our geek hats! Any more nerdy and the pair of us will grow buck teeth, cowlicks and need coke bottle glasses..
Eighth Doctor has his moments. I don't see why he couldn't have turned up on "The Rose Show" when it started up. Have him all world-weary and shattered emotionally. He would have been better than Eccleston misery-gob.
I have read about the Deca, it's weird that he doesn't know any nice people! If I had any talent, I'd write a story about a good-natured hedonist Time Lord who pinched a Tardis and spent his time sleeping with the most attractive women/men throughout history, sampling the best food and drink, etc. Hell, it's what I'd do!
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."