The m*****n reunited...again!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:...

although if the leeds support they're planning does come off, i think you'd be happy you came up for it ;)
LOUD, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Salvation, Anne Marie, if not, I'm no' comming oot tae play.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

If what I've heard be true, you might not be disappointed.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Quiff Boy wrote:afaik they're just doing just london & leeds...
Nope, there's already a festival, there are almost certainly going to be mainland Europe dates and there are hints at further UK dates.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

stufarq wrote:
Nope, there's already a festival, there are almost certainly going to be mainland Europe dates and there are hints at further UK dates.
i meant just london & leeds in the uk ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Quiff Boy wrote:
stufarq wrote:
i meant just london & leeds in the uk ;)
Fair enough. As I said, though, their manager has hinted that there may be further UK dates announced soon.
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

torn....fancy London for the 2 support acts but it seems standing tickets are all but gone now (can still get circle tickets though).

Now there's a Leeds date and who knows what support that may bring? (...apparantly some people on here!)

cant afford both...decisions decisions!
I hear her cry all day, all night
I hear her voice from deep within the wall
Made a cross from knitting needles
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall
SomeKindOfStranger

ok I lied...I have now found artistticket are still selling standing. Would anyone know how long we ay have to wait for an annoucement on Leeds support before deciding?
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Dont take too long deciding if you intend going to the aftershow, I got the following email from artistticket.com
Congratulations!! You are amongst the first 175 tickets sold through Artist Ticket & qualify for entry to the aftershow event. When you receive your tickets there will be an additional ticket ‘stub’ on the ticket which will be used on the night at the venue for entry to the aftershow event. You must be over 18 to attend & you may be requested to provide photo id .
Dont know if numbers are limited to 175 or if they'll be selling tickets seperately, but I'm in 8)
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

DerekR wrote:Dont take too long deciding if you intend going to the aftershow, I got the following email from artistticket.com
Congratulations!! You are amongst the first 175 tickets sold through Artist Ticket & qualify for entry to the aftershow event. When you receive your tickets there will be an additional ticket ‘stub’ on the ticket which will be used on the night at the venue for entry to the aftershow event. You must be over 18 to attend & you may be requested to provide photo id .
Dont know if numbers are limited to 175 or if they'll be selling tickets seperately, but I'm in 8)
I did mine through ticketweb and no such notification. However snowey is giving me his if I dinnae get one. :notworthy: :notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
SomeKindOfStranger

I think I read somewhere it was for first 400 tickets, but only applies to those purchased via artistticket or the 02 direct.
Mothra

Just a nudge towards my post over in the Trading section in case anyone can help:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 176#562176

Cheers

Matt (Mothra)
Bahamas
Road Kill

Two issues in this.

(1) does anyone have an extra ticket for the brixton academy gig and (ii) the academy holds approx 3 thousand people do you think SOM could sell out this venue? :)
SomeKindOfStranger

Bahamas wrote:Two issues in this.

(1) does anyone have an extra ticket for the brixton academy gig and (ii) the academy holds approx 3 thousand people do you think SOM could sell out this venue? :)
Well they are saying less than 200 tickets left for a near-5000 capacity Brixton Academy, so possibly
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Maybe,but unlikely.However,if it was their first gig for three years,with say Von/Hussey/Adams,then yes it would.And they wouldn't need the Neffs as support.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
the-happening

Brixton Academy holds nearer 5000 hence the SISTERS are playing the Roundhouse which holds 3000 odd so we'll see if they can sell it out!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Bahamas
Road Kill

If anyone is trying to sell a ticket fopr this p/s let me know.

Im sure that this has probably has been covered numerous times but in the promotional materials they are saying that the m*****n have sold around 4 million albums?
czuczu
Overbomber

Bahamas wrote:If anyone is trying to sell a ticket fopr this p/s let me know.

Im sure that this has probably has been covered numerous times but in the promotional materials they are saying that the m*****n have sold around 4 million albums?
Craig Adams used to run a record stall at Kirkgate market :innocent:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Salvation added. We all knew it was gonna 'appen.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Spiggy's hat

Maisey wrote:Salvation added. We all knew it was gonna 'appen.
I know they have their fans on here but they were always one of the Leed bands from the mid 80's that I just couldn't get into. I couldn't get past the whiney vocals. :innocent: :oops:
Give me one good reason
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:
I know they have their fans on here but they were always one of the Leed bands from the mid 80's that I just couldn't get into. I couldn't get past the whiney vocals. :innocent: :oops:
Never been a fan myself,sorry if that's sacriledge to some.I'd rather have Rosetta Stone!
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
moses

ribbons69 wrote:
Spiggy's hat wrote:
Never been a fan myself,sorry if that's sacriledge to some.I'd rather have Rosetta Stone!
I'd rather have The Rose Of Avalanche
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I never really got into them, but I've liked all of their stuff I heard. I think I have "Sea of Dreams" on a cassette somewhere, with a few other demos.
I know I've played "Shattered Skies" and "Girlsoul" at club nights before though :)
Spiggy's hat

moses wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:
Spiggy's hat wrote: I know they have their fans on here but they were always one of the Leed bands from the mid 80's that I just couldn't get into. I couldn't get past the whiney vocals. :innocent: :oops:
I'd rather have The Rose Of Avalanche
Hell yes. 8)
Give me one good reason
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Finally got my aftershow confirmation from ticketmaster for the leeds gig.

Note to self: easy on the cider.

:lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."