Amy Winehouse

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

<rock>

Amy's demise is also being debated on the fora I frequent. And I totally agree with Ness' comment, that the reaction on HL is the most spiteful.

Her music was a style/genre that never appealed to me. But I will acknowledge the fact she had a damn good voice. Just not my cup of tea.

She was a human being. Someone's daughter. Someone's sister. She had a brother. And despite the s**t being spouted on here, I'm sure she had close friends.

I kinda think that when the bad boys on this thread come looking for sympathy; maybe because someone close to them has shuffled of this mortal coil, they may be wanking in the wind.

You reap what you sow.

</rock>
Last edited by Johnny Rev 7.0 on 25 Jul 2011, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i do have a friend who knew amy fairly well, though he hasn't seen her properly for ages. he is very upset. amy gave him the nickname he goes by.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Train wreck of a thread
:? :?
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
James Blast
Banned

yawn...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:yawn...
f**k Off!!
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
James Blast
Banned

yes dear
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

christophe wrote:well, I was/am a fan of her music. and don't even care about the tabloid thing
Same goes for me.
I still remember very well when I got to know her. It was around the time of her debut album 'Frank', so it must have been 2003/2004 and late at night I was watching the BBC reporting from Glastonbury... Then a new artist was asked to do a solo acoustic song backstage and she came 'round with a guitarist and just blew me away. Very raw & bluesy. No pretty popstar type thing, not at all. I was really impressed.
I bought both her albums since and loved them and was really looking forward to more...

You may not like her or her music, but the girl had talent and died way too young. RiP miss Winehouse.
in dub we trust
pikkrong
Overbomber

It happened some years ago. I was sitting an drinking with my friend in a bar. Suddenly my friend, a talanted musician and leader of a local garage rock band said: "Listen... she's actually really good! Despite of all sh't they talk about her..."
Me: "Who is she and what do they talk about?"
My friend: "Amy Winehouse... you know, all this cr'p about drugs and so on..."
I wasn't sure I have heard anything, maybe I was, can't remember anymore. But she was good, really good singer. She impressed me back then and approximately year ago when I was thinking band or artist I still haven't seen but would like to, she was one of them. No idea why she crossed my mind. It never happened.
Rest in peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSRsgJwr6jk
do i drive
or am i driven
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Troll boy alert:please keep all opinions to yourself.[/b]
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:<rock>

Amy's demise is also being debated on the fora I frequent. And I totally agree with Ness' comment, that the reaction on HL is the most spiteful.

Her music was a style/genre that never appealed to me. But I will acknowledge the fact she had a damn good voice. Just not my cup of tea.

She was a human being. Someone's daughter. Someone's sister. She had a brother. And despite the s**t being spouted on here, I'm sure she had close friends.

I kinda think that when the bad boys on this thread come looking for sympathy; maybe because someone close to them has shuffled of this mortal coil, they may be wanking in the wind.

You reap what you sow.

</rock>
Well said johnny

IMO some of the posts on this thread are bang out of order.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

just let her rest in peace,i really doubt that if you had seen her live would say all that s**t in her face.It maters not anymore
Keep Music Evil
christophe
Overbomber

damagedone wrote:... It maters not anymore
yes and no.
that is what decency is all about you know.
we are all free to have what ever opinion we might have, even though we might not agrea on those of others. but leave it as that.
a lot of people should just keep their mouth shut. :|
Another Shade of You.
Closer73
Road Kill

I've seen some pretty awful things said elsewhere too- some of my 'alternative' friends spouting some pretty disgusting vitriol that's inversely as bad as the blind fawning from the general population. As a reaction, I put this up as my (social-network-not-named) status:

'Regardless of blame, discussions about media coverage, drug use and terrorism, avoidable deaths are always tragic.
Behind every drug-addled popstar and every massacre victim are families experiencing profound grief that you have or will experience at some point in your life too. That is all.'
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:no, she made a living from singing. other people made a living out of her being a mess.
Welcome to the circle of life, except it's not realistic that someone made a living from singing without the support of those "other people" in the first place.

RIP Britney Winehouse ..argh... Amy Spears.. argh... Amy Winehouse..
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

paparazzi do not support. those who buy the tabloids to point and gloat and jeer and gossip do not support. those who print the pictures and gossip do not support.
there is hell of a difference between 'support' and 'publicity'.

i have never been a believer that fame should have press harassment as an expected, accepted consequence. i DO believe that the public's acceptance of it and thirst for tittle-tattle played its part in the hacking scandals.
we tolerated this, and our children WERE next.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

emilystrange wrote:paparazzi do not support. those who buy the tabloids to point and gloat and jeer and gossip do not support. those who print the pictures and gossip do not support.
there is hell of a difference between 'support' and 'publicity'.

i have never been a believer that fame should have press harassment as an expected, accepted consequence. i DO believe that the public's acceptance of it and thirst for tittle-tattle played its part in the hacking scandals.
we tolerated this, and our children WERE next.
:notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Shure - it's always everyone's else fault if some people start acting like stupid drug-who*e celebrities instead of maintaining a stable career like most other musicians or - in case you can't handle success - press the escape button and get loose from the public stepwise.

I haven't seen many "press harassments" showing up without feeding these campaings with something "fitting" in the first place. Usually that's not happening really unwanted or by accident because even negative appearing PR is a valid and quite powerful sort of PR.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

amy had her faults and problems. but the issues are not all about her...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Due to a lack of interest I'm not really 100% familiar with that specific case - I just wanted to point out that it's not uncommon if some celeb is forcing that kind of PR strategy (e.g. Spears, Hilton..). Of course it's quite a fragile border between staging and dismantling yourself if one make the decision to play that game - probably kind of a one way ticket. AW just fits in that scheme perfectly - (imho - based on a very few lyrics I've picked up).
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

that sort of PR forcing is indeed wrong, and should be treated with disdain. i'm not convinced AW was ever guilty of this, however. also, need to consider who is doing the PR forcing - some celebs are so out of it they don't know, i'm sure. back to others making money out of the mess...
Dan
Overbomber

I wasn't a fan but of the songs I heard I thought she had a decent voice.
One of many musicians who had it all and threw it all away. Very sad.

I noticed from the news footage that as well as floral tributes many people were leaving beer cans and various drinks bottles. That's a bit insensitive, like leaving shell cases for someone who was shot.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

She only really sprang to fame after I had left England for other waters, so I kinda missed the whole shebang about her. I thought she had a monster of a voice tho. Perhaps in a different era she might have survived the celebrity plague, maybe not tho - paparazzi harassment must be a right b@st@rd.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Let's make it more simple:
I'm not surprised she died. Nor am I a fan of her music. However, a death is a death, my sympathies to her and hers, and those who were upset by the news.

There, that wasn't so hard, was it? :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dan wrote:I noticed from the news footage that as well as floral tributes many people were leaving beer cans and various drinks bottles. That's a bit insensitive, like leaving shell cases for someone who was shot.
Wow. Really? o.O
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

not very tactful, no...