Cover Art for iTunes / iPod

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
chris_nyc
Road Kill

-----

I started loading my Sisters collection onto my iPod and I wanted the accompanying album cover art to display in iTunes. I was not able to find cover art for all the titles, so I created a uniform set of my own. I imagine it could work with any number of digital music systems. I thought I would share the set with others. For live bootlegs I just use a generic live shot. I made custom cover art for the most common studio bootlegs (Peel Sessions, etc.). If anyone else has a use for them on their own machine, here they are:

(Sorry, you need a large or high resolution monitor to view them all 5 abreast)

Image Image Image Image Image

Cheers,
Chris

-----
James Blast
Banned

Nice one Chris :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

Yeah, nice ones :notworthy:
I'd like to get both Peel Sessions and Emma / Ghost Rider with those lovely artworks :)
Andy TG
Overbomber

Hello, Good Evening and Welcome :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Isn't copyright a wonderful thing?

What's that you say? "I have no idea what the word 'copyright' means!"?

Here, let me educated you: http://www.patent.gov.uk/copy/definition.htm and http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/do ... whatis.htm

You're welcome.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

@ Buxy - Glad I read you message and the links before I tried to copy and download all the images. I could have been in big trouble. Thanks. :innocent:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Johnny Boy wrote:@ Buxy - Glad I read you message and the links before I tried to copy and downloaded all the images. I could have been in big trouble. Thanks. :wink:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :twisted:

i might move this thread into RESOURCES. they're quite nice repros over the covers... :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

Johnny Boy wrote:@ Buxy - Glad I read you message and the links before I tried to copy and download all the images. I could have been in big trouble. Thanks. :innocent:
Which begs the question: how do the likes of Amazon, or any other site which shows cover images, get away with it? Small images like this, which can't be satisfactorily enlarged to make pirate copies of official releases (which is really where the problem lies), perhaps deserve a blind eye. Depends on whether we follow the letter of the law or the spirit of it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
chris_nyc
Road Kill

I think this falls under 'rights of use'. I own
all of these, ergo, I can copy the songs for
my use onto my iPod. Therefore I own the
'rights of use' to the cover art for the same
purpose, just as the music. As long as I'm
not selling them for profit, I can show them
to you too, just as you would be allowed to
'see' the cover art if you visited my home...

Now don't you go downloading these unless
you own them too... we're on an honor
system here.

mh
Above the Chemist

I agree with you on that one. I could still see a sufficiently well-paid lawyer sniffing blood, but the problem with the music industry is that it takes the same tack as the software industry here - you don't buy the product itself but rather the right to listen to the product.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

I can't believe you even bother to keep this is your collection. :!: :P
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Johnny Boy wrote:@ Buxy - Glad I read you message and the links before I tried to copy and download all the images. I could have been in big trouble. Thanks. :innocent:
You wouldn't want Doré's lawyers on your six.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

Certain persons can mutter about copyright as much as they like, but in the utter drought of product and appearances, if we weren't discussing TSOM, showing each other images and such like - then who would?