Me and Big Si just saw The Lemmy Movie

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Guilty! :oops:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Sita wrote:I don't get the whole thing either. Must be because people are at their heart deeply conservative. If you look at Lemmy, it's like the last 30 years didn't exist. And apparently people love him for that.
There's nothing wrong with that, of course, it's just that in the Motorhead case I find it so extreme. They even have only one bloody song!!! :eek:
3, actually - Motorhead and Killed by Death are the other two. Not sure that I would call myself conservative - I think Lemmy's philosophy of "do one thing*, and do it well" makes him interesting from a musical perspective. Other bands evolve, Lemmy refuses to. You could equate him to a musical James Bond - would we continue to go to the pictures to see the latest Bond film if he were to be some sensitive new-age renaissance man who always wore a condom, treated women with respect, and agonised over wasting some hot blonde Russian assassin? Probably not - we like him precisely because he is such an anachronism, and I suspect that we like Lemmy and 'head for the same reasons. They remind us that it's ok to rock out with your cock out when you feel like it; to break up with someone, go home, put Ace of Spades on the turntable, and turn the volume to 11; and to forget that the last 30 years of full-time employment, mortgages, marriages, kids, and car-payments ever happened, to relive if just for 2 hours what it was like to be a kid, head-banging along to some bangin' choons, drinking more than you should, and kicking over the traces. For most people its an escape, not a way of life - just like film, or books, or whatever we use to get outside our heads every so often. So, your ears bleed for a while, and you're deaf for a week. That's the price of entertainment - it's still more fun than many others things you can do with your clothes on.

*That one thing, of course, is being louder than any sound ever recorded in the history of mankind
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: 3, actually - Motorhead and Killed by Death are the other two. Not sure that I would call myself conservative...
:notworthy:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Killed By Death is a great tune, I wasn't saying they're bad, just, that I don't get it ;D
Thanks, I know what you mean Evil Bastard! I wasn't intending to criticise anyway, hope noone was offended :D
EvilBastard
Overbomber

No offence taken - your inability to "get" Mötörheäd is much more of a problem for you than for me :lol: ;D

It's ok, though - I don't get a lot of bands (my sister's late-found devotion to Marillion, for a start :urff: ), but I'm sure we have enough in common not to allow it to come between us :wink:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody