London - Roundhouse - November 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

London Tickets ordered, flight and hotel booked :D
This is not revenche, this is punishment
_emma_
Overbomber

I paid for the ticket and thought I would receive it some time soon delivered by my postman, but apparently this is not the case.
This is an e-mail I just got from seetickets:
Your tickets for the above event will need to be collected at the venue box office on the date of the show from 19.00hrs.
You will need to quote reference number and provide the credit/debit card used to place the booking, and a copy of this e-mail.

kind regards

See Tickets

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :(
How the f**k will I get to the front row if I'm supposed to be at a f**king box office at 7 PM.
Why can't they just send the ticket to my home address in an envelope.
I am so very, very angry. :evil:
czuczu
Overbomber

Just phone the box office and arrange to collect it early..
_emma_
Overbomber

I sent them an e-mail, I'll see what they reply. :roll:
_emma_
Overbomber

Sorted now. They are not willing to send the ticket to Poland, but they will send it to a family member or friend within the UK, if I have one. And of course I have one. :) So I'm not angry anymore. :D
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

it would be rude not to go really!
+ wife +Australian friend who decided to come over just before the Aus announcement....
I hear her cry all day, all night
I hear her voice from deep within the wall
Made a cross from knitting needles
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall
Garbageman

Looking for flights still.....do not count me out yet!!
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
ruffers
Overbomber

Booked.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ticket arrived, flight & hotel sorted 8)
in dub we trust
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

radiojamaica wrote:Ticket arrived, flight & hotel sorted 8)
Your ticket from the Roundhouse has arrived?
Hell is other people.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Yup, I'm holding it in my hand as I type... well 2 seconds after maybe, but yeah I got mi ticket.
in dub we trust
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

radiojamaica wrote:Yup, I'm holding it in my hand as I type... well 2 seconds after maybe, but yeah I got mi ticket.
Weird - I emailed them yesterday and the box office told me they haven't been dispatched yet.
Hell is other people.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Black_Dahlia wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:Yup, I'm holding it in my hand as I type... well 2 seconds after maybe, but yeah I got mi ticket.
Weird - I emailed them yesterday and the box office told me they haven't been dispatched yet.
I ordered mine from ticketmaster and they're not holding back it seems...
in dub we trust
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

radiojamaica wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote:
I ordered mine from ticketmaster and they're not holding back it seems...
Ah - that'll be it then - ordered mine direct from the venue.
Hell is other people.
theparadox2010
Amphetamine Filth

After much thinking, I've decided that Mrs Paradox and myself will do this gig..
we're better than the birthday party, but not as good as motorhead, that makes us pretty damn good!!!!
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Anyone know what the venue is like, apart from round. Seated/standing, sound, smoking area, all the important bits of information.Also nearby hotels :?: Thanks.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Having got Glasgow out of the way,I am now seriously considering this.Never would have imagined that I could see the Sisters four times in the same year,but it's very tempting now.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

After much thought I think I'm gonna make the effort for this one. 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Bit the (silver?) bullet,tickets ordered!
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"

we fall to rise
sandy666
Road Kill

I just ordered a ticket. The videos on you tube from Finland convinced me that the gig might not be so bad.

Now, is this going to be a Pink Floyd/UFO 60's style happening? With the smoke and the lights oone could argue that we are half way there - it's just in monochrome I guess. Bring your own colours?
hellboy69

Morale Vampire wrote:Anyone know what the venue is like, apart from round. Seated/standing, sound, smoking area, all the important bits of information.Also nearby hotels :?: Thanks.
Allow me :D

Only seen one gig there before, but i can vouch for the accuracy of this here write-up:
http://www.londonvenueguide.com/camden-roundhouse.html wrote:There are two bars in the main auditorium furthest from the stage, including one "speed bar" - which doesn't serve amphetamines, but sells only draught beers. Just outside the main auditorium is another bar offering access to a roof terrace, for smokers and those who wish to lord it up and look down on Camden Town. The sound system at the Roundhouse is good but it is let down a little by the acoustics, which are not as good as one would expect from a small circular structure. The Roundhouse is definitely one of London's most stylish music venues and you can't really go wrong with a gig here, especially with so many post-gig options on offer in Camden Town.
Was all-standing doonstairs when i was there, seats in the Circle & Upper Circle methinks.

Hotel-wise, nearest are Camden Lock Hotel & the Holiday Inn. Dunno about cheapest though!

Boozers of choice:
(goth) The Devonshire Arms (now called Hobgoblin 10/15mins Walk Away)
(or not) The Enterprise (5mins Walk Away)

See you there my good man :D
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Been looking at the Holiday Inn,because it's a Sunday,the rooms are cheaper,but not cheap! best I could find was £144 :urff:
Plus side is it's just down the road.

we fall to rise
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote:Been looking at the Holiday Inn,because it's a Sunday,the rooms are cheaper,but not cheap! best I could find was £144 :urff:
Plus side is it's just down the road.
We got a triple room in the Travelodge Kings Cross Royal Scot for £29 a couple of months ago and they're stilll doing it for £32.50!
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

hellboy69 wrote:
Morale Vampire wrote:Anyone know what the venue is like, apart from round. Seated/standing, sound, smoking area, all the important bits of information.Also nearby hotels :?: Thanks.
Allow me :D

Only seen one gig there before, but i can vouch for the accuracy of this here write-up:
http://www.londonvenueguide.com/camden-roundhouse.html wrote:There are two bars in the main auditorium furthest from the stage, including one "speed bar" - which doesn't serve amphetamines, but sells only draught beers. Just outside the main auditorium is another bar offering access to a roof terrace, for smokers and those who wish to lord it up and look down on Camden Town. The sound system at the Roundhouse is good but it is let down a little by the acoustics, which are not as good as one would expect from a small circular structure. The Roundhouse is definitely one of London's most stylish music venues and you can't really go wrong with a gig here, especially with so many post-gig options on offer in Camden Town.
Was all-standing doonstairs when i was there, seats in the Circle & Upper Circle methinks.

Hotel-wise, nearest are Camden Lock Hotel & the Holiday Inn. Dunno about cheapest though!

Boozers of choice:
(goth) The Devonshire Arms (now called Hobgoblin 10/15mins Walk Away)
(or not) The Enterprise (5mins Walk Away)

See you there my good man :D
Many thanks for the help, sounds pretty good to me.
See you at the bar/bars.
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

omg! There is Lemmy in London night before. Ideal pre-show evening :lol:
http://www.imotorhead.com/tour.cfm
Right On Venom And Revenge