free MJPEG to FLV converter for windows ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I have a digital camera that records Motion JPEG (MJEG) video files
at 720p.

Does anyone know of a free tool (for windows 7) on the web
that can convert these
files to FLV (flash video) files for use on the web ?

If there isn't a free one - a preferred commercial package ?

Many thanks
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

ffmpeg can convert between pretty-much any two given video formats.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

miro

http://www.mirovideoconverter.com/

basically a nice, simple 7 easy to use gui wrapped around ffmpeg
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dan
Overbomber

If you're uploading to a site like youtube you can upload the original files and the site does the converting for you.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:miro

GUIs are for wimps :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:miro

GUIs are for wimps :lol:
wimps, mortals, and people with better things to be doing with their time than fannying about trying to understand MAN pages ;) :innocent:

:kiss:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:and people with better things to be doing with their time than fannying about trying to understand MAN pages ;) :innocent:

And let's not get started on trying to understand WOMAN pages - seriously. Case in point: girlfriend moves into new flat, which is a bit draughty. Complains that she's cold when she's watching TV.
*Bing!* Kind, solutions-oriented, boyfriend goes online and finds a pair of flannel pyjamas, the all-in-one kind with the feet, and a cute teddy-bear embroidered on the pocket. Cute - entirely unsexy, to be sure, but comfortable to slob around in and will stop the draughts getting to her.
Brings them round to her flat. She opens them and is horrified.
"Is this how you see me? Do you really want me to wear these? Er...thanks, I think."
WTF? I mean, you try to do someone a favour, to indicate that you've been listening to what she says, and you get no credit for it whatsoever. T'cho. :?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Big Si
School Bully

EvilBastard wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:and people with better things to be doing with their time than fannying about trying to understand MAN pages ;) :innocent:

And let's not get started on trying to understand WOMAN pages - seriously. Case in point: girlfriend moves into new flat, which is a bit draughty. Complains that she's cold when she's watching TV.
*Bing!* Kind, solutions-oriented, boyfriend goes online and finds a pair of flannel pyjamas, the all-in-one kind with the feet, and a cute teddy-bear embroidered on the pocket. Cute - entirely unsexy, to be sure, but comfortable to slob around in and will stop the draughts getting to her.
Brings them round to her flat. She opens them and is horrified.
"Is this how you see me? Do you really want me to wear these? Er...thanks, I think."
WTF? I mean, you try to do someone a favour, to indicate that you've been listening to what she says, and you get no credit for it whatsoever. T'cho. :?
Sounds to me like all she wanted was someone to snuggle up with, in front of the TV :wink: :roll: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

bit slow
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele