Wake 85 video - Eldritch's comments - Marian

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Garbageman wrote:The you fat bastard at Reading was a classic
well thats more related to Carter USM
steve27
Road Kill

Couper wrote:What he says before Floorshow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbEqcv3kKMk

I'm italian and I don't understand very well english. ;)
Before Floorshow Eldritch says "One last dance because it's the end - Floorshow". It's the comment after Amphetamine Logic and before Rock and a Hard Place that always stumps me.
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The fat bastard certainly was a Carter chant however when Eldritch removed his shirt he was on the receiving end of the chant
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

true that. wasnt carter on the bill right after them?
Garbageman

If my memory serves me correctly they were before the Girls because the Girls were the closing headliners on the Sunday.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
the-happening

Garbageman wrote:If my memory serves me correctly they were before the Girls because the Girls were the closing headliners on the Sunday.
Carter were on the bill on the Saturday before James, Neds Atomic were before the girls on the Sunday.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Skip Intro
Road Kill

I have a recording of the Albert Hall gig. It's good quality and on audio cassette. Andrew says a few things in the intro to Marian, but the main comment he makes, the one I can remember off-hand, is:

"Marian, where are you when your country needs you?"

All of that was edited out in the Wake video.

The full gig had extra songs that were not released on Wake, including Gimme Shelter, Train, Louie Louie and Ghostrider. Most of those were played at the end of the concert (as an encore) after Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

Gimme Shelter was earlier in the set at the Albert Hall gig, but the Rolling Stones prevented the Sisters from releasing the song on the Wake video, for whatever reason.
Spiggy's hat

Refrencing the Q&A with Wayne over on the M ission site once again, this question has cropped up......

How pissed off were you when Eldritch cut you off when you were introducing Marian at the Albert Hall?

I don't have a full audience recording (only Wake) so I don't know what is said on the audience recording but maybe this (Wayne & Von both saying something, with Von talking over Wayne) explains why the comments aren't too clear?
Give me one good reason
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Spiggy's hat wrote:Refrencing the Q&A with Wayne over on the M ission site once again, this question has cropped up......

How pissed off were you when Eldritch cut you off when you were introducing Marian at the Albert Hall?
And what was the answer? :?:

Only because someone has come to the idea to pose a questionas such, it doesn't mean there were necessarily any truth in it!
Nork1
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
Spiggy's hat wrote:Refrencing the Q&A with Wayne over on the M ission site once again, this question has cropped up......

And what was the answer? :?:
Dunno - someone cut him off.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

He's touring just now so there won't be an answer at least until he's finished.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
mh
Above the Chemist

Just checked the audience recording; yup - it's there. Wayne starts off with "this is..." and Von cuts in.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
road_kill
Road Kill

mh wrote:Just checked the audience recording; yup - it's there. Wayne starts off with "this is..." and Von cuts in.
Perhaps he was about to say "this is called Wasteland"...
NhDNlkYcIc
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

mh wrote:Just checked the audience recording; yup - it's there. Wayne starts off with "this is..." and Von cuts in.
"This is ...my band now. Andrew, with regret....you're fired !"
Dan
Overbomber

Before Marian? I listened and couldn't hear Wayne.